PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Fantasy BBall 06 is up and running

CableKC
09-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Are we gonna do a Fantasy BBall league again this year?

I forget...who organized it last season? Maybe the same person can organize it this year as well.

Anyone else up to playing again?

tdubb03
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I wasn't here last year, but I'd for sure be in. I'll take it as serious as needed.

Lord Helmet
09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
I'll want to do it, if we do have one.

docpaul
09-25-2006, 07:43 PM
I'd love to give it a shot, if there's room!

Jermaniac
09-25-2006, 07:44 PM
If you guys are lucky you might get your asses kicked by me, thats if I end up having time to play.

skyfire
09-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Remind me what happened last season Jermaniac after your grandious predictions?

I'm in again for this season. But whoever runs the league, please include a Turnovers cat so Wade and James aren't blatantly hax.

Jermaniac
09-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Remind me what happened last season Jermaniac after your grandious predictions?

Shaq and Arenas got hurt thats what happend. I dont know if Arenas got hurt but he missed 2-3 games during the fantasy playoffs. I'm telling you I would have kicked yall asses if my players didnt get hurt.

Robertmto
09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm in if we play.

aero
09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
id be more interested in playing Yahoo's NBA then the other one here, i dont think i understand the other one's setup.

NBA.Com also has fantasy commish ive been skimming over it, seems kinda cool. you can go head to head or points (im more comfortable with points)

PacerPerspective
09-25-2006, 11:44 PM
I'd be in....e-mail me if there's room

skyfire
09-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Looking through my old private messages, the Commish of the PD league was Birdman last season who set it up together with Btown.

I think Btown runs his own semi-private league with some friends and was just helping to coordinate things.

If Birdman wants to do it again, i'm happy for him to act as commish. If not, i'm willing to do it or let someone else if they want...

birdman
09-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I want to play, but I don't have enough time to run it this year.

FlavaDave
09-26-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm in.

fwpacerfan
09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
I would be interested. Especially since I will be coming off of my Baseball league championship!

Outsider
09-26-2006, 10:08 AM
I would be interested as well....just let me know where to sign up!

LG33
09-26-2006, 10:32 AM
LG33 officially recognizes his interest in joining a PD fantasy league, but admits that his inability to organize people, himself included, make it impossible for him to act as commisioner.

granger
09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
If you guys are lucky you might get your asses kicked by me, thats if I end up having time to play.

like that ?
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8819/1wb2.th.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1wb2.jpg)

Jermaniac
09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I wasnt even in that league

granger
09-26-2006, 11:25 AM
so you were lucky

Isaac
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm already in a money league, but I'll play in this one too, for fun.

travmil
09-26-2006, 12:59 PM
OK I'm setting one up and I'll commish. I know that Skyfire, Birdman, and Jermaniac were all in the league I was in last year. I'll keep the same settings we had last year, but I want to do an offline draft if that's OK with everyone. We had problems with the online draft last year. I wasn't able to get around my firewall at work and draft and ended up getting my team autopicked. It should be fairly easy. We can just make a thread to draft our players in, then the commish (me) enters all the picks for each team manually. If we can't work it out we can always change to a different type of draft later anyway.

CableKC
09-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Okay....so I took a tally so far......we have 17 players that want to play.

CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan
Outsider
LoneGranger33
granger
Isaac@Section216
travmil
Since travmil graciously setup a league, we can do either of the following:

1) travmil can either expand his league to 18 players ( if that is possible ), we get one more PD member to sign up and simply play with a single 18 player league.

2 ) the first 11 PD members that signed up can join travmil and the rest waits a little longer to see if we can get 7 more PD members to sign up and we setup a 2nd league of 12 players.

If we go with option 1 and play with a 18-player league....it would really set the real BBall Fantasy Players from the wannabes as we would end up drafting about 234 players. It would be interesting......but really you really have to know your Fantasy BBall to win a 18-player league.

If we go with option 2 and split up the people who wants to do this into 2 leagues....then I don't mind setting up the 2nd league as the Commish.

I think that last season we used the standard Yahoo H2H scoring format with FG%, FT%, 3ptM, Assists, Rebound, Turnovers, Steals, Blocks and Points scored as the catagories. Its probably best to stick with that format.

One more thing.....I have done enough of these Fantasy BBall drafts to prefer a Live Online draft. I know that it requires that we set aside time to draft players....but I have done enough of the "Offline drafts" to know that its a real hit or miss when it comes to drafting players that you want...and drafting the wrong players.

Let me know what you guys want to do.

travmil
09-26-2006, 01:18 PM
We'll definitely end up with enough people to fill multiple leagues. When you get much over 12-14 people in the league rosters get pretty weird.

CableKC
09-26-2006, 01:22 PM
We'll definitely end up with enough people to fill multiple leagues. When you get much over 12-14 people in the league rosters get pretty weird.

If we have enough interest...I really prefer a 14 person league...as it still allows most GMs to draft a solid team...but requires you to really dig deep for the great "stat" roleplayers.

But if we enough people to run a two 12 player league...I would be fine with that.

granger
09-26-2006, 01:49 PM
oh i forgot to say I'd like like to be in

Pig Nash
09-26-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm in.

btowncolt
09-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I organized the set-up of all three Yahoo leagues last year, and ran one of them. I had also done so the previous three years. I had planned to do so again this year, but apparently not.

Good luck to you all then. A word of advice to travmil: Don't post the league info here. Send info to people who ask over PMs.

Robertmto
09-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm in.

Jermaniac
09-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Travmil expand the league and take the league info down because people who did not sign up are going to sign in the league

travmil
09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I organized the set-up of all three Yahoo leagues last year, and ran one of them. I had also done so the previous three years. I had planned to do so again this year, but apparently not.

Good luck to you all then. A word of advice to travmil: Don't post the league info here. Send info to people who ask over PMs.

Well apparently I've stepped on someone's toes, so nevermind...

OK league deleted. I'll still commish one of the PD leagues once everything gets off the ground if needed though.

mvpjermaine
09-26-2006, 03:25 PM
count me in to whip yalls butts as long as we dont play rotisserie league, i will only play head to head matchup.

my email is zoheb3@yahoo.com

May Allah bless the pacers organization from top to bottom

Dukins
09-26-2006, 03:50 PM
If its any room left count me in too.

Robertmto
09-26-2006, 04:26 PM
So BTown are you gonna take over?

CableKC
09-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Okay....we have 20 players:

CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan
Outsider
LoneGranger33
granger
Isaac@Section216
travmil
Pig Nash
mvpjermaine
Dukins

Unless you guys want to go ahead with a 20 player league....as there is no immediate rush to setup a league...I suggest that we wait for another couple of days to see if we can get the count up to 24 so that we can split the game into into two "12 player leagues".

For those that want to play, vote either for a 20-player league or two 12-player leagues. My vote goes to two 12-player leagues.

1 vote for two 12-player leagues

Dukins
09-26-2006, 06:35 PM
2 - 12 player leagues will be more competitive............

btowncolt
09-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Didn't mean to imply that my toes had been stepped on.

I can do it, but I won't get around to anything until after this weekend. Have to take the LSAT Saturday.

We still have quite a while until the first NBA game, no hurry.

CompACE
09-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Count me in if there's still room

bambam
09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
count me in

skyfire
09-26-2006, 06:54 PM
yea i reckon go for 2 12players leagues.

CableKC
09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Okay...I'll make the executive decision....let's go with 2 leagues. We are up to 22 players.

CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan
Outsider
LoneGranger33
granger
Isaac@Section216
travmil
Pig Nash
mvpjermaine
Dukins
CompACE
bambam

BTOWN, you in?

Let's leave the signup period open until the end of Wednesday 11:59pm PDT to see if there is additional interest and then proceed with creating the League. I assume that we will likely get another 1 or 2 players to join in that period.

Anyone biased towards Live Drafts or OffLine Drafts?

dbrown_31
09-26-2006, 09:35 PM
i'm in

BoomBaby33
09-26-2006, 09:37 PM
I definately would like to be in.

2 time former champ in yahoo public leagues

Robertmto
09-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Iight so theres the 24.

I like the idea of a "thread draft" and the commish puttin in the picks.

travmil
09-27-2006, 05:14 AM
Iight so theres the 24.

I like the idea of a "thread draft" and the commish puttin in the picks.

I really think that's the best way to go. Like I said earlier, we just ran in to too many problems with the live draft. We had multiple users who's team got auto picked for them and then they had to rebuild it the way they liked it. An offline draft means more work for the commish, but I've already volunteered to commish one of the leagues and I don't mind doing it. I think we'll end up with more than 24 anyway. Last year we had two 12 team leagues and one 16 team league I believe.

TRich
09-27-2006, 06:39 AM
If there is room, I am definitely interested.

Dukins
09-27-2006, 07:32 AM
If we do a thread draft. We will also have to have a thread dedicated to all nba players, hopefully in alphabetical order or by position. Or one other idea. If you would like a live draft then, make one of the leagues a live draft. If you would like thread draft, then sign the people for another league.

A Few suggestions

skyfire
09-27-2006, 08:30 AM
I really think that's the best way to go. Like I said earlier, we just ran in to too many problems with the live draft. We had multiple users who's team got auto picked for them and then they had to rebuild it the way they liked it. An offline draft means more work for the commish, but I've already volunteered to commish one of the leagues and I don't mind doing it. I think we'll end up with more than 24 anyway. Last year we had two 12 team leagues and one 16 team league I believe.

There was only really 1 public PD league last season. Btown was running a semi-private one (called PD #1) and then we had a mixup causing PD #2 to be scrapped and the actual PD league to be called #3.

I agree the life draft can be abit ackward. I managed to log in minutes before the start only to find that the draft program behind the firewall at my work. Thankfully my pre-ranking gave me a workable roster but some other people got screwed pretty badly.

FlavaDave
09-27-2006, 08:38 AM
One problem with a thread draft: I, for example, am only online during the day. If I am followed in the draft order by someone who can only get online at night, then our two draft picks will eat up the good part of a day. Something to think about.

I like the idea, but there can be problems.

btowncolt
09-27-2006, 09:12 AM
There was only really 1 public PD league last season. Btown was running a semi-private one (called PD #1) and then we had a mixup causing PD #2 to be scrapped and the actual PD league to be called #3.

I agree the life draft can be abit ackward. I managed to log in minutes before the start only to find that the draft program behind the firewall at my work. Thankfully my pre-ranking gave me a workable roster but some other people got screwed pretty badly.

No, there were 3 leagues last year. I still have my correspondence with the other 2 commishes.

CableKC, that depends. Can someone tell me what exactly is going on? I was going to start organizing the way I always do after this weekend, but I can't tell what is happening.

pacers20
09-27-2006, 09:51 AM
hey count me in ok

my email is
oufootball15@sbcglobal.net

kshay
09-27-2006, 10:12 AM
if there is still any room, i would be interested. twigginess848@yahoo.com

Miller4ever
09-27-2006, 10:13 AM
i would like to participate.

sixthman
09-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm officially in again as a wannabe playa.

travmil
09-27-2006, 10:18 AM
No, there were 3 leagues last year. I still have my correspondence with the other 2 commishes.

CableKC, that depends. Can someone tell me what exactly is going on? I was going to start organizing the way I always do after this weekend, but I can't tell what is happening.

Let's just do as Btown suggests. We can make this the official "show your interest" thread, and when btown is ready to get the ball rolling we can go from there. That way, we can see how many are interested, and decide how many leagues we need and number in each league afterwards. Sound good to everyone?

Cable KC it looks like you've already got a good list going of who is interested, if you could keep that updated and posted in this thread that would be great.

And I understand the issues raised about an offline draft. What would be useful is for eveyone in an offline draft league to use Yahoo's database to familiarize themselves with the players. They usually have a ranking based on last years stats, and rookies are ranked in there too with projected stats I believe. As for a draft thread, I think we'll have plenty of time to get our players drafted, but definitely see that issue possibly being a problem. It's a problem we can work through though for those that want to do it, but I agree that at least one of the leagues should have a different draft style for those that would prefer that.

tinsley#11
09-27-2006, 10:20 AM
I'd like to join a fantasy league, if there is room of course!

Frostwolf
09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd like to play as well.

Jon Theodore
09-27-2006, 12:03 PM
COUNT ME IN

travmil
09-27-2006, 02:32 PM
32 by my count. Looks like we're well on our way to at least 3 leagues.

tdubb03
09-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I'd much prefer a live draft, with every team there. And head to head scoring. Anyone who's setting it up, you know what scoring categories you'll use?

travmil
09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I'd much prefer a live draft, with every team there. And head to head scoring. Anyone who's setting it up, you know what scoring categories you'll use?

The head to head scoring is probalby not a problem, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect 12 or more managers to all be available at the exact same time to draft. Even if you do get them all available at the same time, how do you know they won't be behind a work firewall that prevents them from participating as happened to skyfire and I last year? Sure it's an ideal situation, but I'm not sure how likely it is to happen.

BoomBaby31
09-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm in. I'll beat you all just like i'm beating all these boys/girls in Football fantasy right now. :devil:

Invite me: N****T@yahoo.com (underscore between the h and t example n****t)

I'll bet we have enough for 3 league.

BoomBaby33
09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
The head to head scoring is probalby not a problem, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect 12 or more managers to all be available at the exact same time to draft. Even if you do get them all available at the same time, how do you know they won't be behind a work firewall that prevents them from participating as happened to skyfire and I last year? Sure it's an ideal situation, but I'm not sure how likely it is to happen.

Travmil - Here is the best way to do this with the amount of people for 3 leagues (or more). Do a poll vote for 1. live pick, 2. autopick or 3. either - whichever one each person prefers. Then place each person in their selected league. Then select a commish for each league, then go with it.

We could even create a new league at playoff time of each of the top 3-4 teams from each league, or something like that.

I also vote for the head to head league (ala fantasy football), versus the other type where its a year long accumulous scoring system - its a boring system.

I would just soon pre-rank my players, then let yahoo autopick. Thats the challenge of fantasy sports - making your team better throughout the season. I personally dont have time for a live draft, nor do I have a high speed connection to do it best with.

One other suggestion - set up a league voting system for all trades.

my 2 cents.

Robertmto
09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
I also like the idea of 3 seperate leagues and drafts.

For example;

League A - Live Draft
League B - offline Draft
League C - rest of majority

tdubb03
09-27-2006, 05:26 PM
I like BoomBaby's idea of league approval of trades. That should be the default in all of fantasy sports.

CableKC
09-27-2006, 06:05 PM

btown,

I will certainly defer to your expertise in setting anything up like this up.....I only started this thread to gauge interest.

If you wish, we can wait until after the weekend to split up the participants into 3 leagues, assign a Commish to each league. Once the Commish and participants have be divided....I assume that each league can work on their own to determine a Draft date and time that can best accomodate their schedules.

The list of 33 participants is below ( in order of signup in the thread )

CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan
Outsider
LoneGranger33
granger
Isaac@Section216
travmil
Pig Nash
mvpjermaine
Dukins
CompACE
bambam
dbrown 31
BoomBaby33
Trich
pacers20
kshay
Miller4ever
sixthman
tinsley#11
Frostwolf
Jon Theodore

As there is no rush to setup the league....we can do what we did last year and setup 3 leagues of 12 each. Assuming that you play...we would only need 2 more people to join....which shouldn't be too hard to get over the next day or so. We can probably cut the list to 36 participants.

btowncolt
09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Believe me, I'm certainly grateful you're keeping track of all these people. I'll get to the dir(rrr)ty work later this week of trying to break people into groups. The good news is that the league with my friends has enough people that no PDers have to join this year for the first time. That's assuming everyone registers, of course.

If you want, keep taking people down. It'll make things much smoother and simpler for me in a week or so.

Until then, I'm off to study for the LSAT. Have to get my score from the 99.1%tile to the 99.6%tile if I want to go my first choice law school.......

burnzone
09-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Add me to the list, if you need more to make it to an even 36

AB1077
09-27-2006, 06:21 PM
I would also be interested if there is room.

Jermaniac
09-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Put me in the league with some cool people I'm not trying to be in a group with people who got 4.6 posts.

CableKC
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Okay....we are at 35 now...assuming that btowncolt is playing as well:

CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan
Outsider
LoneGranger33
granger
Isaac@Section216
travmil
Pig Nash
btowncolt
mvpjermaine
Dukins
CompACE
bambam
dbrown 31
BoomBaby33
Trich
pacers20
kshay
Miller4ever
sixthman
tinsley#11
Frostwolf
Jon Theodore
burnzone
AB1077

So that we don't keep on going forever.......the next person to join will be the last one added to the list so that we can leave it at an even 36 players to split up in to 3 leagues of 12 GMs each.

Lord Helmet
09-27-2006, 07:00 PM
So, are we going to divide up all the players once we know how many and then are we going to do the invitations and such?

CableKC
09-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I will defer to btown as he is the expert on this.

btown, I'm assuming that at some point.....we'll have to simply divide the 36 into 3 groups of 12....then we can split it up based on the order of who signed up ( unless someone objects )

1st League
CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan

2nd League
Outsider
LoneGranger33
granger
Isaac@Section216
travmil
Pig Nash
btowncolt
mvpjermaine
Dukins
CompACE
bambam
dbrown 31

3rd League
BoomBaby33
Trich
pacers20
kshay
Miller4ever
sixthman
tinsley#11
Frostwolf
Jon Theodore
burnzone
AB1077
????? ( 36th participants )

Dukins
09-27-2006, 09:08 PM
i would like a live draft, if we are split into league. We should vote on the rules. I would like head to head as already mentioned.

AesopRockOn
09-27-2006, 09:34 PM
If you need a 36th, I'll play.

CableKC
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
If you need a 36th, I'll play.

With AesopRockOn...we have our 36th particpant.

Miller4ever
09-27-2006, 10:08 PM
ok. so, should we create a official thread of the fantasy? or this one will be?

travmil
09-27-2006, 10:46 PM
ok. so, should we create a official thread of the fantasy? or this one will be?

last year the fantasy leagues had their own forum, i would imagine btown will try to set it up the same way.

And Cable, btown commisshes one, and i'm supposed to commish one we'll have to be in different leagues

Robertmto
09-27-2006, 11:10 PM
1st League
CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan

Best Fantasy league of all time.

Jermaniac
09-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Its because I'm in it

Robertmto
09-28-2006, 01:34 AM
Close, it's because I'M in it.

tdubb03
09-28-2006, 08:08 AM
You're both about to get dominated.

fwpacerfan
09-28-2006, 10:20 AM
You're both about to get dominated.

BY ME!!!!!!!!!!

travmil
09-28-2006, 10:37 AM
CableKC, Don't try to shoehorn everyone into one leage or another yet. We don't even know who the commissioners are, what the scoring categories are, or what type of draft each league will have. We'll know more about that stuff later when btown is able to get things rolling. Once we get that nailed down, each person that signed up can choose a league that matches their preferrences. As I said before, If btown runs one, and I run one, we obviously can't be in the same league.

Jermaniac
09-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Close, it's because I'M in it.lol No one even knows you are here

CableKC
09-28-2006, 01:34 PM
CableKC, Don't try to shoehorn everyone into one leage or another yet. We don't even know who the commissioners are, what the scoring categories are, or what type of draft each league will have. We'll know more about that stuff later when btown is able to get things rolling. Once we get that nailed down, each person that signed up can choose a league that matches their preferrences. As I said before, If btown runs one, and I run one, we obviously can't be in the same league.

I didn't think about that....ok...that's fine....we can simply wait for another week for things to settle down with btown and we can go from there.

As to what type of game and draft that we can do...I would prefer to go with a live Draft in a H2H league with League voted trade approval.

ApNeDtRiEeW
09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
if any spots need filled i'm game, although it looks as if i'll have to wait and see if anyone forgets to sign up

Robertmto
09-28-2006, 02:39 PM
lol No one even knows you are here

my feelings....

MUST GET REVENGE IN FANTASY BASKETBALL!!!

burnzone
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I would also prefer a live draft, if we have the option to pick before the leagues are created.

travmil
09-28-2006, 05:06 PM
I forgot that able played in our league last year right? We should see if he wants to play again too.

Jermaniac
09-28-2006, 08:11 PM
my feelings....

MUST GET REVENGE IN FANTASY BASKETBALL!!!I'm going to own you like Terrance Newman owns Santana Moss

Jermaniac
09-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Cable when do you plan on setting up the first league?

Robertmto
09-28-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm going to own you like Terrance Newman owns Santana Moss

Yea he did real good on MNF last year. You should have said like Sean Taylor owned TO.

And LMAO @ "God Got A Haircut"

vapacersfan
09-28-2006, 09:48 PM
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5136/payback9tm.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4347/moss4th.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3061/moss29jy.jpg

Jermaniac
09-28-2006, 10:37 PM
lmao at old ****. And I could care less about the Cowboys and Redskins all I said was Terrance Newman owned Moss this year, and I dont even see him in that pic.

vapacersfan
09-29-2006, 05:35 AM
If you could care less about them then dont talk smack about them....

And thats not "old ****". That's recent......

sportsmusicxboxpacer
09-29-2006, 09:15 AM
im in on it too my ids are furyme and blazein24703 but ofc oneal and al are in my group so i hope they dont let me down go pacers!

CableKC
09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Cable when do you plan on setting up the first league?
Sorry...I've been busy lately. Just so that we can get things going....I was thinking of setting up the 1st league as a standard Yahoo Scoring ( FG%, FT%, 3ptM, PTS, AST, Reb, STL, BLK, TO ) H2H with a Live Draft and opening it up to the 1st 12 that signed up. If needed....we can always make minor adjustments to the scoring if you want ( as in changing the Turnover catagory to FGM or FTM ).

For those on the 1st league listed below:

CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan

Are you guys cool with the standard scoring in a Yahoo H2H league with Live Draft?

If so...then I will setup the league and put the draft time in the distant future. We can determine the draft date/time once we finalize the list and I can change it in the league.

Robertmto
09-29-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm more partial to a thread draft myself. But it depends on if we can get 11 others that like that idea as well.

docpaul
09-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Are you guys cool with the standard scoring in a Yahoo H2H league with Live Draft? If so...then I will setup the league and put the draft time in the distant future. We can determine the draft date/time once we finalize the list and I can change it in the league.

Sounds good to me. Hopefully the live draft is at night time during a weekday. That'd be my vote at least.

Jermaniac
09-29-2006, 04:45 PM
If you could care less about them then dont talk smack about them....

And thats not "old ****". That's recent......LMAO @ Herb Simpson getting butt hurt. Was I talking to you? The convo was between me and robertmto and he didnt mind. Fix your face.

Jermaniac
09-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Sorry...I've been busy lately. Just so that we can get things going....I was thinking of setting up the 1st league as a standard Yahoo Scoring ( FG%, FT%, 3ptM, PTS, AST, Reb, STL, BLK, TO ) H2H with a Live Draft and opening it up to the 1st 12 that signed up. If needed....we can always make minor adjustments to the scoring if you want ( as in changing the Turnover catagory to FGM or FTM ).

For those on the 1st league listed below:

CableKC
tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan

Are you guys cool with the standard scoring in a Yahoo H2H league with Live Draft?

If so...then I will setup the league and put the draft time in the distant future. We can determine the draft date/time once we finalize the list and I can change it in the league.
Yeah to Yahoo H2H league with Live Draft

FlavaDave
09-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah to Yahoo H2H league with Live Draft

I need a date and time before I know whether a live draft is a good thing.

I would be down with a thread draft.

Jermaniac
09-29-2006, 05:03 PM
I did a thread draft before and it took us like 3 days to finish it.

Robertmto
09-29-2006, 06:03 PM
I did a thread draft before and it took us like 3 days to finish it.

That ould be a good thing. More time to find the hidden gems.

vapacersfan
09-29-2006, 06:53 PM
LMAO @ Herb Simpson getting butt hurt. Was I talking to you? The convo was between me and robertmto and he didnt mind. Fix your face.

I realize it may be a bit much for me to expect you to figure it out on your own, but living in VA I am a Redskins fan. So when you talk **** about my team, I will usually have something to say.

Kind of like you and your love affair with Pacman Jones.

My face is fine, your girl loves the way it looks

Jermaniac
09-29-2006, 06:55 PM
I realize it may be a bit much for me to expect you to figure it out on your own, but living in VA I am a Redskins fan. So when you talk **** about my team, I will usually have something to say.

Kind of like you and your love affair with Pacman Jones.

My face is fine, your girl loves the way it looks
LMAO Cornball

When people talk about Pacman they have me on their mind, thats how things work. Birds chirp, fish swim, Jermaine O'neal is great, when People talk about Pacman they think about me. I didnt even know you where a Redskins fan nor do I care, like I said this was about me and robertmto. Step your life game up.

travmil
09-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Robertmto and FlavaDave,

When the league gets set up I will definitely be setting mine up with a thread draft. Even if it takes a few days it doesn't matter, we have PLENTY of time before the season starts.

Robertmto
09-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Jerm - I got no prob with you talkin bout the Skins, I mean I would be upset if my dumbass coach didn't know he had a gem on the bench for 7/8 of every game.

Travmil - Sweet!!! Count me in for ur league. (depending on the scoring system)

travmil
09-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Jerm - I got no prob with you talkin bout the Skins, I mean I would be upset if my dumbass coach didn't know he had a gem on the bench for 7/8 of every game.

Travmil - Sweet!!! Count me in for ur league. (depending on the scoring system)

I figure the only thing I want to set in stone is the draft and head to head scoring. I don't like rotisserie. We can get together and decide on which categories to score later.

Robertmto
09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
well i love the idea of a thread draft and H2H. I will be the second in Travmil's league.

Dukins
09-29-2006, 10:53 PM
If anyone doesnt want the 1st league ill be happy to move up, because i want to be in a H2H Live Draft............Let me know

Robertmto
09-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Dukins can have "my spot" I really like the idea of a thread draft.

Frostwolf
09-30-2006, 01:42 AM
I'd love a thread draft also, seeing as I live in a completely different time zone to you guys.

Robertmto
09-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Bizzump

btowncolt
09-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Update:

I will be crying for three days after watching my future evaporate in a cloud of mis-bubblings and self-induced stupidity.

After that, I'll get around to setting things up. Thanks all.

Robertmto
09-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Didn;t do 2 well on the test??

btowncolt
10-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Didn;t do 2 well on the test??

Meh. I had been scoring in the mid 170's, but may have totally screwed up my bubbling for 15 consecutive questions on the 3rd section. Which may drop my score into the mid 160's where I have to retake it in December, in which case my whole timeline is totally screwed. I'm still belligerent, but at least now I'm a little drunk.

I'll get my computer back from the shop soon, and get to work on the leagues. If I hear that it will be a while before the computer comes back, I'll get on here and let travmil and CableKC know and tell them what I usually do for all of this.

Robertmto
10-02-2006, 12:09 AM
good luck BTown.

tdubb03
10-02-2006, 02:51 AM
I'm cool with default Yahoo H2H. Just as long as we've got plenty of notice so I can make sure I don't have to work.

btowncolt
10-03-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm going to have no time for this, or really any interest in it this year. It's your baby now, Cable and travmil.

Robertmto
10-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Well that means we need one more Commish. i would do it but it looks like me and Travmil both want the same type of league do we will be in the same one.

Any volunteers from the list of 36?

Dukins
10-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Dukins can have "my spot" I really like the idea of a thread draft.

thanks no wonders when this will get started and who is the commish?

CableKC
10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Okay...I have created a standard Yahoo H2H league with regular scoring. I have set the Live Draft Date to Oct 30th...but will change the start time once everyone signs up.

For those that are listed below:

tdubb03
Lord Helmet
docpaul
Jermainiac
Skyfire
Robertmto
aero
PacerPerspective
birdman
FlavaDave
fwpacerfan

Send me a PacerDigest Private Message with the following info:

- Email Address
- what Time Zone you live in
- Preference for live Draft day and time ( as in weekend, weekday, etc. )

The draft time and date can be decided based off of consesus between the 12 of us ( same goes for the scoring settings if we want to make subtle changes...like switching out TO for FTM/FGM ). Once I get your info...I will send you the league info with the password.

Also.....

CableKC
10-03-2006, 05:38 PM
To help facilitate this.....travmil....you were thinking of setting the format and then seeing who would want to join.

Were you thinking of doing a standard H2H Yahoo scoring or with a Roto-style type league on Yahoo?

Robertmto
10-03-2006, 05:52 PM
I think Travmil's league is gonna be H2H Yahoo scoring with a thred draft.

CableKC
10-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Robertmto spot just opened up....if you want to join my league...send me a PD private message.

Lord Helmet
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't know how the live draft works, but I heard it takes real long.

So count me out.

Thanks anyway!

CableKC
10-03-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't know how the live draft works, but I heard it takes real long.

So count me out.

Thanks anyway!

If we stick with the standard # of roster ( 13 players ) with 12 GMs....it should take between 60 to 90 minutes to start and complete. I prefer Live Draft over AutoPick Draft since its harder to guage and rank players since you dont know who drafts who ahead of you. IMHO...if you have the time...its more fun since its pretty much like the real thing.

But that's fine....if Lord Helmet would prefer a different method of drafting....I guess I have 2 open spots for a Live Draft for Standard H2H.

Whoever wants in...let me know.

bambam
10-03-2006, 06:35 PM
ok other than the list of guys above, when will a leaue be started for the rest of the guys that pu their name in? just curious

CableKC
10-03-2006, 06:47 PM
We will need a 3rd commisioner to run the 3rd league as btown's schedule is rather busy. Anyone up for it?

I'm guessing that the main part is to simply set it up and just manage the draft :shrug:

BoomBaby33
10-03-2006, 07:02 PM
We will need a 3rd commisioner to run the 3rd league as btown's schedule is rather busy. Anyone up for it?

I'm guessing that the main part is to simply set it up and just manage the draft :shrug:

I will do it, but if I commish (i have commished a ton, so I know the ropes), the league will be H2H, autopick draft, league approved trades. Would like to have all the leagues have the same scoring stats, that way we can compare the 3 leagues at the end.

You rank your own players prior to draft. You get what you get and if you dont like it, make your team better through free agency and trades (thats half the fun). I dont have time for a live draft and i think even though a thread draft sounds fun, it would take forever.

Travmil and Cable KC, if your down with this, and I get enough replies to this setup, I will do it, otherwise, I will just join one of the other leagues.

Thoughts!

CableKC
10-03-2006, 07:13 PM
I will do it, but if I commish (i have commished a ton, so I know the ropes), the league will be H2H, autopick draft, league approved trades. Would like to have all the leagues have the same scoring stats, that way we can compare the 3 leagues at the end.

You rank your own players prior to draft. You get what you get and if you dont like it, make your team better through free agency and trades (thats half the fun). I dont have time for a live draft and i think even though a thread draft sounds fun, it would take forever.

Travmil and Cable KC, if your down with this, and I get enough replies to this setup, I will do it, otherwise, I will just join one of the other leagues.

Thoughts!

I'm fine with running it with the standard scoring for Yahoo H2H.

FG% / FT% / 3ptM / Pts / Ast / Reb / Stl / BLK / TO

with the standard 13 player roster ( with 2 Centers and 3 Bench players )

PG / SG / G / SF / PF / F / C / C / Util / Util / Bn / Bn / Bn

It would be interesting to see how all 3 leagues does in the end.

CableKC
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I just sent pacers20 the login info for the Live Draft league. If anyone is interested in a Live Draft league....let me know..there is still one spot open...assuming that no one else drops out.

travmil
10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
OK I'll set up a mew league with the exact same settings but with the offline draft later tonight. It will be ready by morning. So far me and Robertmto and myself are all I've heard interest from. That leaves at least 10 spots in our league. I'll let everyone know when it's set up and you can PM me with your e-mails to join. As I said it will be ready by the morning.

travmil
10-03-2006, 08:55 PM

Thoughts!

All that is completely fine with me. I think this will work well. We'll have three leaggues with identical settings, and three different draft types.

Dukins
10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey i was supposed to take robertmo's spot in the h2h yahoo live league, guesws im not popular on here..............:bs:

Jermaniac
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
How come I didnt get the log in info for the live league?

travmil
10-03-2006, 10:20 PM
OK my league is ready.

Draft Type: Offline Draft

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: March 8, 2007

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: League Votes

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: FGM, FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK

These are the same stats our league had last year it was a ton of fun.

We'll be starting an offline draft farily soon after everyone has signed up. After the draft thread is done, I'll enter everyone's picks manually and we'll be good to go.

PM me for the league information ONLY if you're one of the ones to have expressed interest previously in this thread.

When you PM me, make sure to include your e-mail address. I'll send the league infor back to you via PM and also to your e-mail address.

Lord Helmet, I saw where you didn't want to participate in the live draft. You're more than welcome to take one of the spots in my thread draft league if you're interested.

BoomBaby33
10-03-2006, 11:33 PM
OK my league is ready.

Draft Type: Offline Draft

These are the same stats our league had last year it was a ton of fun.

We'll be starting an offline draft farily soon after everyone has signed up. After the draft thread is done, I'll enter everyone's picks manually and we'll be good to go.

PM me for the league information ONLY if you're one of the ones to have expressed interest previously in this thread.

When you PM me, make sure to include your e-mail address. I'll send the league infor back to you via PM and also to your e-mail address.

Lord Helmet, I saw where you didn't want to participate in the live draft. You're more than welcome to take one of the spots in my thread draft league if you're interested.

OK, the autopick league is set up, and statistical categories are set up identical to the CableKC and travmil leagues. Maybe at the end of the "fantasy" season, the top four in each can do a separate playoff league or something like that.

Draft Type: Autopick Draft (you pre-rank your players)
Draft date: TBD, no later than October 20ish

Again, these are the same categories as the other 2 leagues have, except that this is the autopick league, so once we have 12 signed up and everyone has their draft status set to ready (after pre-ranking your players if you want different rankings than yahoo pre-sets), then yahoo will autopick the teams for us within 48 hours.

When you PM me, make sure to include your e-mail address. I'll send the league info back to you via PM and also to your e-mail address.

CableKC
10-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Hey i was supposed to take robertmo's spot in the h2h yahoo live league, guesws im not popular on here..............:bs:

Sorry.....go ahead and send me a Private PD message with your email address and I will send you the login info.

skyfire
10-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Is it possible to set a max moves option just for the playoffs? It just seems abit silly to me that the notion of developing a team goes out the window during the finals and you have to try and get as many players contributing as possible in order to win. Maybe the TO cat will help there i dunnos.

CableKC
10-04-2006, 12:33 AM
How come I didnt get the log in info for the live league?

Sorry....I just sent out a Private Message to the group of 10 in my list to see if they are still interested in the Live Draft or if they want to join one of the other AutoDraft leagues.

CableKC
10-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Okay...to confirm, I have updated the settings to match travmil and BoomBaby33's league settings:

Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: TBD

Note - it looks we will draft 14 players and will be using the FGM scoring stat instead of Turnovers.

Robertmto
10-04-2006, 01:11 AM
9 spots left in the thread draft league.

FlavaDave
10-04-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm in for the thread draft league.

Dukins
10-04-2006, 10:16 AM
what does a guy have to do to get an answer, slit my wrist??????????? ARE THERE GOING TO BE ANYMORE LIVE H2H DRAFT'S

If so who do i contact

CableKC
10-04-2006, 12:27 PM
what does a guy have to do to get an answer, slit my wrist??????????? ARE THERE GOING TO BE ANYMORE LIVE H2H DRAFT'S

If so who do i contact

Sorry Dukins, I thought I sent you the info.....I just sent you a Private Message in PD.

If you dont get it...let me know.

travmil
10-04-2006, 02:05 PM
There are 5 spots left in the thread draft league.

Thread draft participants so far:

travmil
Robertmto
Lord Helmet
FlavaDave
TRich
Granger
kshay

CableKC
10-04-2006, 03:39 PM
For those that are still interested in the Live Draft.....send me an PD private message.

I sent out the League name...not the ID. If you still need the League ID, let me know.

BoomBaby33
10-04-2006, 05:40 PM
For those of you interested in the Autopick draft, please PM me your email and I will invite you from the yahoo league. I will also reply to your PM with the league info.

LG33
10-04-2006, 06:08 PM
There are 5 spots left in the thread draft league.

travmil
Robertmto
Lord Helmet
FlavaDave
TRich
Granger
kshay

Count LG33 in!

Miller4ever
10-04-2006, 07:52 PM
travmil, im on your league :) my acc is pdmiller4ever@yahoo.com~

travmil
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
There are now 3 spots left in the thread draft league.

travmil
Robertmto
Lord Helmet
FlavaDave
TRich
Granger
kshay
LoneGranger33
Miller4ever

Frostwolf
10-04-2006, 11:23 PM
I'd like to be in the thread draft also.

Robertmto
10-04-2006, 11:43 PM
2 Spots left.

travmil
Robertmto
Lord Helmet
FlavaDave
TRich
Granger
kshay
LoneGranger33
Miller4ever
Frostwolf<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

CableKC
10-05-2006, 07:32 PM
The following GMs have signed up for the Live H2H Yahoo Draft:

docpaul
pacers20
skyfire
birdman
tdubb03
fwpacerfan
Dukins
Jermaniac
burnzone
CableKC

I still have 2 opening left in this league. If you any of the remaining PD members are interested in playing and want to go with a Live Draft...let me know.

BoomBaby33
10-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Update:

Posters not signed up to a league yet who have shown interest:

aero
PacerPerspective
Outsider
Isaac@Section216
Pig Nash
btowncolt
mvpjermaine
CompACE
bambam
dbrown 31
tinsley#11
Jon Theodore
AB1077

Live draft - CableKC
1. docpaul
2. pacers20
3. skyfire
4. birdman
5. tdubb03
6. fwpacerfan
7. Dukins
8. Jermaniac
9. burnzone
10. CableKC

Thread draft - travmil
1. travmil
2. Robertmto
3. Lord Helmet
4. FlavaDave
5. TRich
6. Granger
7. kshay
8. LoneGranger33
9. Miller4ever
10. Frostwolf

Autopick draft - BoomBaby33
1. BoomBaby33
2. AesopRockOn
3. sixthman

CableKC
10-06-2006, 01:53 AM
For those interested in the Live Draft.....unless something changes....I am currently aiming for a Saturday 10/14 Live Draft date...probably with a start time of 4pm or 5pm EDT.

DarkDreams
10-07-2006, 05:18 AM
For those interested in the Live Draft.....unless something changes....I am currently aiming for a Saturday 10/14 Live Draft date...probably with a start time of 4pm or 5pm EDT.

I would also like to join. If there is still place left, that is.