PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday on JMV.......

MagicRat
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Apparently the Pacers are having a golf outing tomorrow and JMV is going to be there.

He said he expects to have interviews with Rick Carlisle, Stephen Jackson, Maceo Baston, Darrell Armstrong and perhaps Larry Bird.

No word on timing of any of it, though, so tune in tomorrow at 3. www.wnde.com (http://www.wnde.com)

(I'm probably going to be out of town so if anyone can record/post some highlights it would be appreciated)

aero
09-25-2006, 11:27 PM
thanks for the heads up, ill try to catch it.

Leisure Suit Larry
09-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Stephen Jackson golfing...

317Kim
09-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks, I'll look for it today.

Unclebuck
09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Where is the thread for this.

DH is down 20 pounds to 265. He has some type of lung problem that has slowed him down.

Johnny Davis was contacted by Rick Carlisle about being an assistant coach back in May.

Harrington was on earlier, but I missed that

Frank Slade
09-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Argh. I missed it. End of Quarter and I'm chained to my phone. :kickcan:

Did anyone catch most of this ?

sweabs
09-26-2006, 04:21 PM
He has some type of lung problem that has slowed him down.
This has me somewhat concerned. There have been too many cases of heart problems with "big guys" in the last year (Collier, Curry, Ortiz, etc.), that I'm hoping something like this doesn't translate into a chronic problem as well. Did they give any further information on the topic? Respiratory issues are nothing to mess around with.

Unclebuck
09-26-2006, 04:26 PM
This has me somewhat concerned. There have been too many cases of heart problems with "big guys" in the last year (Collier, Curry, Ortiz, etc.), that I'm hoping something like this doesn't translate into a chronic problem as well. Did they give any further information on the topic? Respiratory issues are nothing to mess around with.

He said his lungs weren't expanding all the way. He didn't seem too concerned

Oh, Rick is on right now

Unclebuck
09-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Rick mentioned that the way the Pacers played last February is a good example of what they are looking for.

They won't compromise the defense.

Edit: Jax looks great, Jamaal's in great shape, and JO is in the 250's weight wise

aero
09-26-2006, 04:31 PM
13 of the first 19 games on the road..ohhh man :(

rick said they had good depth, likes having AL back he brings the good energy that the fans are used to.

Rick had no comment about the contract extention, he said they really havent discussed it yet although they will soon.

other then that he really didnt say much, they talked too much about the backyardigans then Pacers...atleast for me.

man i cant wait for the season to start

imawhat
09-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the updates!

Wow, Harrison has dropped some considerable weight.

imawhat
09-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Rick mentioned that the way the Pacers played last February is a good example of what they are looking for.

That's what I was hoping to hear.

Unclebuck
09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
DW was on and now Bird is on right now

Bird sounds very high on Marquis Daniels. He mentioned him several times in the interview. But JMV never followed up.

Frank Slade
09-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the updates, was there anything else of note ?

sportsmusicxboxpacer
09-26-2006, 08:53 PM
sweet info thanks .... go Pacers!

Eindar
09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Wasn't it DH last year who had some sort of chest problem (pain, ribs?) that kept him out of most of the preseason?

MagicRat
09-27-2006, 12:53 AM
I caught some of it as I was driving back to Indy. Missed the first hour, so I didn't hear the interviews with Al, David Harrison, Johnny Davis and Leonard Perry. Also apparently missed DW.

I'll see what bits and pieces I can remember.......

Rick sounded pretty upbeat. His daughter likes to watch Kippur, especially an episode with a mouse in it. Johnny Davis holed his tee shot on a par 4, so he thinks that's going to be good for Karma this season. Said they're going to try to be a flow team, but still play good defense. Most athletic team they've had. Great depth...It's going to be a strength in numbers situation. JO, Jamaal and Stephen are in great shape.

Montieth said JO has been at the fieldhouse almost every day this summer. Said he has a big ego and a lot of pride and it hurts him that he's no longer mentioned as an elite player, so he's been working hard.

Said Darrell Armstrong has been a good presence at the fieldhouse this summer. Also mentioned that he had been good for morale overall, and you could hear him whooping it up on the golf course. Said the team has been impressed with Powell and Marshall during their summer workouts and they have a tough decision coming up because one of their contracts becomes guaranteed soon.

Bird said Marquis was his kind of player. Said he expects James White to play . Said Shawne needs to get stronger.

Trader Joe
09-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Aren't JO and Jamaal in great shape every single preseason????? I mean come on. I'm tired of hearing this and then not getting the results. Show me on the court. I've had enough of the talking to the media the past two years.

imawhat
09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Aren't JO and Jamaal in great shape every single preseason????? I mean come on. I'm tired of hearing this and then not getting the results. Show me on the court. I've had enough of the talking to the media the past two years.

Would you rather them come into camp out of shape? Their injuries rarely have anything to do with the shape their in. Sprained ankles, shoulders, etc...the most finely tuned athlete in the world could have those injuries.

Seriously, Tinsley comes into camp every year looking better than he did the year before. Jermaine has come into camp in different kinds of in-shape. This year he's probably closer to how he was in 2002.

Trader Joe
09-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Would you rather them come into camp out of shape? Their injuries rarely have anything to do with the shape their in. Sprained ankles, shoulders, etc...the most finely tuned athlete in the world could have those injuries.

Seriously, Tinsley comes into camp every year looking better than he did the year before. Jermaine has come into camp in different kinds of in-shape. This year he's probably closer to how he was in 2002.

You missed my point entirely. I want them to come into camp in shape, but I don't want to hear about it. I want to SEE it on the court.

RamBo_Lamar
09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Apparently the Pacers are having a golf outing tomorrow and JMV is going to be there.

I wonder if Kravitz had to pass on this one because the Jackson/Maggete trade
hasn't gone down yet...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mugsy27
09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
when is the first preseason game played?

McClintic Sphere
09-27-2006, 12:44 PM
You missed my point entirely. I want them to come into camp in shape, but I don't want to hear about it. I want to SEE it on the court.

It's not just the in shape we have to hear about, it's where they worked out and with whom and whether they lost 17 lbs. to be a quicker player or gained 17 lbs. of muscle to better handle the rigors of the post.

It's marketing season, so caveat emptor.

imawhat
09-27-2006, 12:45 PM

No, I got your point. And if you haven't seen it on the court, then you're not looking.

imawhat
09-27-2006, 12:49 PM
It's not just the in shape we have to hear about, it's where they worked out and with whom and whether they lost 17 lbs. to be a quicker player or gained 17 lbs. of muscle to better handle the rigors of the post.

It's marketing season, so caveat emptor.

So Carlisle is saying they're in shape to sell tickets and not because they're genuinely in shape?

The players are in shape and he's optimistic about the upcoming season. He should be. Period.

Frank Slade
09-27-2006, 01:43 PM
when is the first preseason game played?

Not soon enough:rimshot:

Oct 11, 7p.m.. Let the play begin, and speculation end :yay2: