PDA

View Full Version : OT: Forum Gathering

vapacersfan
09-24-2006, 03:31 PM
I am not sure if this goes here, if not feel free to move it whoever gets here first and who have the power to do so.

I just got my ND tickets, and I am starting to look at the Pacers now. Have TPTB of PD decided on a date yet for the forum gathering?

If not, any idea what the time frame would be so I can see what games I might want to catch while I am making my trip?

Thanks,

-Adam

grace
09-24-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they decided on Dec. 16th.

Jer_Freak
09-24-2006, 06:05 PM
I will try it to make it but i'm not in Indiana right now any ideas on what kind of dinner we'll be eatting?

Hicks
09-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I will try it to make it but i'm not in Indiana right now any ideas on what kind of dinner we'll be eatting?

We'll be meeting at a local Pizza King to eat dinner. If you want something else, we usually go to Perkins after 9-10PM, which has a full menu. We're there until the last bunch has to leave (usually between 1-3AM).

Jer_Freak
09-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Sounds great, i will see if i can make it i'm a busy man so the chances are slim.

vapacersfan
09-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks Grace.

I know I went through this last time I was going to come to a home game, but can anyone help me out with hotels? Is there anything I should really shy away from? Anything close to the stadium with great rates?

sweabs
09-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks Grace.

I know I went through this last time I was going to come to a home game, but can anyone help me out with hotels? Is there anything I should really shy away from? Anything close to the stadium with great rates?

Every time I have visited, I've stayed at the Marriot. Within walking distance to Conseco, and backs onto the water. It's a nice place.

Also close to a "Papa Johns". I would kill to have those up here north of the border.

pizza guy
09-25-2006, 12:31 AM
December 16th - hopefully I can make that.

Also, what's the deal with going to Pizza King all the time, their food isn't any good. ;)

grace
09-25-2006, 01:22 PM
December 16th - hopefully I can make that.

Also, what's the deal with going to Pizza King all the time, their food isn't any good. ;)

We've been through this before. The people at the Pizza King treat us like Gods. Find a place that will cater to our every whim and maybe we'll change.

vapacersfan
09-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Every time I have visited, I've stayed at the Marriot. Within walking distance to Conseco, and backs onto the water. It's a nice place.

Also close to a "Papa Johns". I would kill to have those up here north of the border.

FWIW, Papa Johns does franchise.

Thanks for the hotel name.

sweabs
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
FWIW, Papa Johns does franchise.
Yeah, but unfortunately I have yet to see one in Ontario. Apparently there are a few located in some other provinces though. I guess it's still Pizza Pizza for me.

:(

pizza guy
09-25-2006, 05:43 PM
We've been through this before. The people at the Pizza King treat us like Gods. Find a place that will cater to our every whim and maybe we'll change.

I guess I forgot my tags . If you notice, grace, my picture is of a Pizza King sign - the one where I worked. I loved my Pizza King. :D

(and I know the guys like the help there...)

vapacersfan
09-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah, but unfortunately I have yet to see one in Ontario. Apparently there are a few located in some other provinces though. I guess it's still Pizza Pizza for me.

:(

Hey, you can make a difference and be the first one ;)

grace
09-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I guess I forgot my tags . If you notice, grace, my picture is of a Pizza King sign - the one where I worked. I loved my Pizza King. :D

(and I know the guys like the help there...)

I noticed the ;) after I posted.

vapacersfan
09-26-2006, 03:11 PM
No disrespect to Grace, but before I drop this cash for the trip, can anyone confirm the date.

I am not sure who normally runs these things, but is the 16th a set date?

Just want to get confirmation before I get my airline tickets and game tickets.

Thank a lot

grace
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23076

Jose Slaughter
09-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Yes, the date will be December 16th.

vapacersfan
09-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks Jose.

Grace, I remember that thread, I just would feel really stupid if something came up and I assumed the date was set.

I have already felt stupid a few times this week for being a idiot, I didnt want to add to my track record :(;)

Naptown_Seth
09-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks Jose.

Grace, I remember that thread, I just would feel really stupid if something came up and I assumed the date was set.

I have already felt stupid a few times this week for being a idiot, I didnt want to add to my track record :(;)

Man, that is AN ironic quote. ;) :-p

- normally I wouldn't give a s*** about a typo, but here it's a little funny.

vapacersfan
09-26-2006, 04:20 PM
I got my plane reservations, game tickets, and will be staying at (Hilton Indianapolis, 120 West Market street). I am looking forward to meeting so many of you guys (and gals)!

Since86
09-26-2006, 04:33 PM
If you need to buy two, I'm sure you can twist my arm and get me to go.

Just throwing that out there. Feel free to toss it right back.432

vapacersfan
09-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Man, that is AN ironic quote. ;) :-p

- normally I wouldn't give a s*** about a typo, but here it's a little funny.

:laugh:

Naptown_Seth - 1
VA - 0

VigoCountyPacerFan
09-27-2006, 01:43 AM
I'm pretty new to the forum and don't have much rapport with y'all.
Is it okay if I come?

Robertmto
09-27-2006, 04:14 AM
Is it okay if I come?

Yes. There will be a stickied thread when the time comes around.

RWB
09-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Is it okay if I come?

VCounty, I live about 9 miles north of Terre Haute and the Mrs. and I have attended something like 5 of these. Believe me, bring a spouse a friend or the entire family it doesn't matter. It's fun and you'll meet some great people.

VigoCountyPacerFan
09-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Sweet..

I actually live a few miles north of Terre Haute proper near Sky King Airport...

Naptown_Seth
09-27-2006, 11:06 PM

Naptown_Seth - 1
VA - 0
You know what's sad, I'm just thankful you didn't have a meltdown over the silly correction. Not because I expect it of you, but anymore that's the internet.

Some jerky at a non-bball forum where I post got spun up over me pointing out that it's "drivel" not "dribble", despite the fact that I tried to soften it up, mentioned that it's a common mistake and no big deal other than not carrying the meaning it should. Usually you say drivel when you intend to look down on something, but getting the word wrong pretty much ruins the effect. :)

Anyway, dude still went nuts. Makes you feel like saying "F you, go use it wrong at your next job interview smart guy".

Sorry to derail, its just been bugging me. It's pathetic that the right reaction, a light-hearted chuckle, has to be the exception rather than the norm anymore.

So redo that scoring as:
PD/VaPacer - 1
Other forum/ahole - 0
:D

SoupIsGood
09-27-2006, 11:10 PM
VA is the king of funny typos! It's just something that he's always been good at.

Jonk!

vapacersfan
09-27-2006, 11:43 PM
VA is the king of funny typos! It's just something that he's always been good at.

Jonk!

Jonk is not a typo, although it has been gone out of my vocabulary for quite for time.

Its kind of like how when your little you ask for condoms, but as you grow up you dont as for them anymore and you just say "Pass the ketchup please" or "pass the mustard please".

Ok, bad examply.

Is it sad that I am hyped about coming to A. A Pacers game and B. One of these forum parties.

vapacersfan
09-27-2006, 11:46 PM
You know what's sad, I'm just thankful you didn't have a meltdown over the silly correction. Not because I expect it of you, but anymore that's the internet.

Some jerky at a non-bball forum where I post got spun up over me pointing out that it's "drivel" not "dribble", despite the fact that I tried to soften it up, mentioned that it's a common mistake and no big deal other than not carrying the meaning it should. Usually you say drivel when you intend to look down on something, but getting the word wrong pretty much ruins the effect. :)

Anyway, dude still went nuts. Makes you feel like saying "F you, go use it wrong at your next job interview smart guy".

Sorry to derail, its just been bugging me. It's pathetic that the right reaction, a light-hearted chuckle, has to be the exception rather than the norm anymore.

So redo that scoring as:
PD/VaPacer - 1
Other forum/ahole - 0
:D

Its all good, we all need to vent sometimes.

I think you have a valid point, though. One thing I learned as I got older was to laught at myself, and not let myself get to down about errors. It is important to learn from our mistakes, but my theory is "This wasnt my first, and it probably wont be my last"

I do have to admit thought, I had never heard the word "drivel". You learn something new every day. Thanks Seth!

Naptown_Seth
09-27-2006, 11:54 PM
See, that's one of those expressions that people hear but don't read. So they just assume they heard a word they know and dribble as in drool kinda makes sense and the next thing you know some jackhole is giving me whatfor about correcting him. :censored: :swear: :blush:

You know I don't know for certain what my situation is that weekend and I hadn't planned on going to the game, just the forum party, but at the very least you could catch a lift up to Castleton with me. It would literally be zero extra effort on my part.

Maybe if the finances pickup I might look at grabbing a BLR for that game too, but I need wife signoff on that kind of spending. :whip:

MagicRat
09-28-2006, 08:59 AM

Jonk!

Until VA comes up with one as good as " shot **** " I refuse to recognize him as the king........

Shade
09-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Until VA comes up with one as good as " shot **** " I refuse to recognize him as the king........

UB - 1
VA - 0

:-p

vapacersfan
09-28-2006, 11:33 AM

UB - 1
VA - 0

:-p

I'll go all Artest on UB and get my point back :-p

Unclebuck
09-28-2006, 11:40 AM
You guys don't realize how long I worked on that. So you know I won't go down without a fight

ChicagoJ
09-28-2006, 04:20 PM
I still can't even laugh at "shot ****". It just makes me hurt.

Since86
09-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Okay, we need a story teller to go with this one.

I'm assuming the blocked word starts with an f and ends with an uck, which was supposed to be "shot fake."

sweabs
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Let's not overlook Unclebuck's other great typo that I never let him forget:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18779&highlight=Unclebuck

He edited his original post after we pointed out his little mishap.

Hicks
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Okay, we need a story teller to go with this one.

I'm assuming the blocked word starts with an f and ends with an uck, which was supposed to be "shot fake."

Actually, he was trying to say "Shot Clock" :D

vapacersfan
09-28-2006, 10:06 PM
So when I get off the plane and come out of the airport, how hard is it to find a cab?

I received a few PM's today, thanks to all of you for offering to help me out. I look forward to meeting all of you, and maybe even seeing a few of you at that Friday's Pacers game (against the Knicks)

pizza guy
09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
So when I get off the plane and come out of the airport, how hard is it to find a cab?

I received a few PM's today, thanks to all of you for offering to help me out. I look forward to meeting all of you, and maybe even seeing a few of you at that Friday's Pacers game (against the Knicks)

It's easy to find a cab; getting one to stop is the trick. ;)

Unclebuck
09-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Am I dreaming or don't a lot of the downtown hotels have shuttle services to the airport. I think I'm dreaming

vapacersfan
09-29-2006, 06:47 PM
It's easy to find a cab; getting one to stop is the trick. ;)

lol. That was funny.

I just got a call from stubhub, I guess the Pacers tickets have not shipped yet :confused: I ordered two tickets for section 16, but the guy may get "upgraded" to section 4 this year, meaning I have to take those tickets.

I really wanted to see a game from the middle sections, but maybe I am just being paranoid. Either way the tickets are now done, so my whole trip is taken care of :)

Robertmto
09-29-2006, 07:52 PM
lol. That was funny.

and extremely true.