PDA

View Full Version : Players you would trade JO for....

Jer_Freak
09-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Dirk
Gasol
Arenas
Dwight Howard
AK-47
Amare
Shawn Marion
Yao Ming
Kobe
Brand
Wade
LeBron
Tim Duncan
Tracy McGrady
Joe Johnson
Kirk Hinrich
Ray Allen

Which player from that list would you trade JO for? i think the most realistic one is Shawn Marion and Gasol.

Jermaniac
09-23-2006, 07:52 PM
none

bulldog
09-23-2006, 07:56 PM
That's quite a list. The only ones I even have reserves about are Arenas and and Shawn Marion. Arenas is a little too me-first and JO is worth a bit more as a big guy. And while I love Shawn Marion, we don't have the pieces to make him effective.

Jer_Freak
09-23-2006, 08:04 PM
none

I like JO as much as the next guy but if we can get a big offer we can't refuse.

Unclebuck
09-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Dirk
Gasol
Arenas
Dwight Howard
AK-47
Amare
Shawn Marion
Yao Ming
Kobe

Which player from that list would you trade JO for? i think the most realistic one is Shawn Marion and Gasol.

Do you have Wade and James on the list. And what about Brand.

I wouldn't trade JO for AK-47 or Gasol

Jer_Freak
09-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks Buck i will add them now.

Gasol? maybe not because his career might not ever be the same but AK-47 is interesting if we can get AK and Deron then maybe yes.

Slick Pinkham
09-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Dirk-yes
Gasol-no
Arenas-no
Dwight Howard-yes
AK-47-no
Amare-no due to injury
Shawn Marion-no
Yao Ming-yes
Kobe-yes
Brand-yes
Wade-yes
LeBron-yes

also yes: KG

Unclebuck
09-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Are we all insane, what about Tim Duncan

Jer_Freak
09-23-2006, 08:58 PM
A Few players have been added...

grace
09-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Call me when Wilt Chamberlain comes back from the dead. Until then I'm not interested.

Ron who?
09-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Dirk

Dwight Howard
Shawn Marion
Kobe
Brand
Wade
LeBron
Tim Duncan
Ray Allen

BlueNGold
09-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Dirk - yes
Gasol - no
Arenas - no
Dwight Howard - yes
AK-47 - no
Amare - yes
Shawn Marion - no
Yao Ming - yes
Kobe - no
Brand - YES
Wade - YES
LeBron - YES
Tim Duncan - yes
Tracy McGrady - no
Joe Johnson - no
Kirk Hinrich - no
Ray Allen - no

Lebron please.

Ron who?
09-23-2006, 09:28 PM
i think AK47 is overrated... and i think Gasol and O'neal are even but Gasol hurt himself so as of now O'neal is better

and o yeah i just like three-point shooters thats why Ray Allen is there :)

Jer_Freak
09-23-2006, 09:28 PM
BlueNGold some of those No's are pretty biased...

Ron who?
09-23-2006, 09:31 PM
we should start who we would trade S-Jax for thread :laugh:

ajbry
09-23-2006, 09:37 PM

If we trade Jack, I would trade JO to get Jack back.

(I ain't joking.)

PacerFan31
09-23-2006, 09:38 PM

What? You mean saying no to Kobe for JO isn't something we all can agree on :laugh:

Lord Helmet
09-23-2006, 09:41 PM

(I ain't joking.)
You HAVE to be kidding.

Jer_Freak
09-23-2006, 09:47 PM
What? You mean saying no to Kobe for JO isn't something we all can agree on

If you hate Kobe that much then you will agree not to trade for him, but Kobe is in a different league compared to JO ;)

Anthem
09-23-2006, 10:25 PM

(I ain't joking.)
Yes you are.

You think Jack's more valuable than Jermaine? I know you like the guy, but that's crazy.

ajbry
09-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Of course I was joking. Jack is my favorite player, but JO is elite and you can't just trade him away.

I would only trade him for a few players mentioned previously in this thread. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth it, especially for all the Pacers organization has invested in him.

avoidingtheclowns
09-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Dirk...... yes, because he gives an added skill set (3pt shooting) that JO doesn't have

Gasol...... probably not, i'd be looking to improve the team with a JO move and i don't know if this really improves the team any more than keeping JO
Arenas........ no, the only PG i'd consider for JO is Nash and that isn't likely to happen soon
Dwight Howard......... has a lot of potential, I'd consider it
AK-47......... someone mentioned that he's overrated, and i strongly disagree, that being said, I'd like the JO for AK and Deron possibility
Amare...... it'd be hard to say no to this but i think i would.
Shawn Marion...... not JO b/c that doesn't really make sense for either team but as a player i'd love to have shawn
Yao Ming......... umm no
Kobe....... great player no doubt, but i don't think that would help the team any
Brand........ i think the brand/jo is dead even why bother?
Wade............. yeah, mainly because of his rookie performance without much of a team around him he took that team on his back
LeBron...... what reason is there not to?
Tim Duncan........ i wouldn't, you don't typically trade young for old especially off an injury filled season.
Tracy McGrady..... ha, no
Joe Johnson...... nope
Kirk Hinrich...... no but i'd trade a few other pacers for him
Ray Allen......... this one is a little more difficult. i would say no because i think the only way bringing allen to Indiana wins a championship is with JO
Garnett........ despite my mentioning the never do young for old, i'd have a hard time with this choice. i think it'd be cool to see JO and KG together but not going to be happening...

of these, which is the most realistic? i'd say none. but if i have to choose one i'd say ray allen, mainly because i think the sonics will be shopping him before he's a FA in summer of 2007 (he is going to be, right? i could be just making that up)
i don't think the pacers do the marion deal because of Al being in that position

BlueNGold
09-23-2006, 10:51 PM

Biased? Explain please.

JayRedd
09-23-2006, 11:00 PM

Here's my list (http://www.nba.com/players/)

Pacesetter
09-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Dirk

Gasol
Arenas
Dwight Howard
AK-47
Amare
Shawn Marion
Yao Ming
Kobe
Brand
Wade
LeBron
Tim Duncan
Tracy McGrady
Joe Johnson
Kirk Hinrich
Ray Allen

JO's our player. Would it be wrong for me to be a loyal fan of his, and not want to trade him for one of those in the list? I have nothing against those in that list, but for me and my girlfriend, we love JO, and if he hits for 20-10, or 15-5 nothing changes - ever!!!

Will I ever adopt this trade 'em, get rid of 'em, mentality - is there any hope for me?

Some of you people obviously have no idea what it was like before we had a power forward that could hit short range jumpers and power the lane. JO is magical ... all the rest of those (who count) in the list had others around them who made them look better.

JO is truly a blessing to have on our team!

Robertmto
09-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Of course I was joking. Jack is my favorite player, but JO is elite and you can't just trade him away.

I wouldn;t really call him elite.

Jer_Freak
09-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Biased? Explain please.

Some of those no's are kind've crazy don't you think?

Robertmto
09-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Dirk - yes

Gasol - no
Arenas - yall cant have him
Dwight Howard - yes
AK-47 - hmmmmm idk
Amare - no, cuz of the injury
Shawn Marion - no
Yao Ming - yes
Kobe - yes
Brand - no
Wade - yes
LeBron - yes
Tim Duncan - yes
Tracy McGrady - 5 years ago
Joe Johnson - no
Kirk Hinrich - hmmmmmm idk again, prolly not
Ray Allen - no

ajbry
09-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Here's my list (http://www.nba.com/players/)

http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/data/Silicon%20Revolution/200511922629_Haterade.gif

JayRedd
09-23-2006, 11:26 PM
http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/data/Silicon%20Revolution/200511922629_Haterade.gif

Just time to go

BlueNGold
09-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Some of those no's are kind've crazy don't you think?

How so? I assume from other posts that you would trade JO for Kobe. I would too if I only considered talent when I made a trade...but that is certainly not the only consideration.

Character, chemistry, maturity and especially unselfishness are also factors...as TPTB have so painfully and finally learned over the last couple years of suspensions, magazine covers, trade demands, etc.

BTW, I would also pick Ron Artest over JO under the more narrow question of who is the most talented....But that's not the question here.

BoomBaby33
09-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Dirk YES
Gasol NO, UNLESS THEY THROW IN A FIRST ROUNDER WITH PAU
Arenas NO
Dwight Howard YES - CAN YOU SAY DEJA VU (D SQUARED FOR JO ALL OVER AGAIN)
AK-47 NO, UNLESS THEY THROW IN A FIRST ROUNDER WITH AK
Amare NO
Shawn Marion NO
Yao Ming NO
Kobe NO WAY - not for mr. 81. I wouldnt trade Jack for "81". I wouldnt trade Tins for "81".
Brand YES
Wade DEFINATELY
LeBron WITHOUT EVEN BATTING AN EYE - BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE NOW AND FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS
Tim Duncan YES - 2 YEARS YOUNGER
Tracy McGrady NO
Joe Johnson NO
Kirk Hinrich NO
Ray Allen NO

One more that no one has brought up yet - SHAQ. (hold the laughter please) Like him or not - he is one of those rare players that make everybody around him better just by his presence. Again like Tim though - 2 years younger.

RON ARTEST
09-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Dirk

Gasol
Arenas
Dwight Howard
AK-47
Amare
Shawn Marion
Yao Ming
Kobe
Brand
Wade
LeBron
Tim Duncan
Tracy McGrady
Joe Johnson
Kirk Hinrich
Ray Allen

i would NEVER trade JO for shawn marion, but i would probably trade him for gasol only because gasol is younger and is getting better every year. This upcoming season is JO chance to prove himself as a franchise player and if he doesnt come through again im sure he will be shopped.

avoidingtheclowns
09-24-2006, 01:13 AM
would you trade john edwards for mr 81?

Jer_Freak
09-24-2006, 01:31 AM
would you trade john edwards for mr 81?

No i would not... John Edwards is to valuable for us.

SoupIsGood
09-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Trade JO? Surely you jest.

lumber man
09-24-2006, 04:06 AM
http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/data/Silicon%20Revolution/200511922629_Haterade.gifhere we go again, i think more people will fall in love with Jack this year as long as we don't screw up and trade him.

lumber man
09-24-2006, 04:09 AM
As far as J.O...is this the Indiana Pacers or the "Indiana (insert your favorite player here)?" Stand behind our guys, this is J.O.'s team!

avoidingtheclowns
09-24-2006, 02:28 PM
No i would not... John Edwards is to valuable for us.

as a roster cut?

vapacersfan
09-24-2006, 03:29 PM

(I ain't joking.)

I am thankfull, after reading that statement, that you are not our GM.

(I aint joking.)

vapacersfan
09-24-2006, 03:33 PM
JO's our player. Would it be wrong for me to be a loyal fan of his, and not want to trade him for one of those in the list? I have nothing against those in that list, but for me and my girlfriend, we love JO, and if he hits for 20-10, or 15-5 nothing changes - ever!!!

Will I ever adopt this trade 'em, get rid of 'em, mentality - is there any hope for me?

Some of you people obviously have no idea what it was like before we had a power forward that could hit short range jumpers and power the lane. JO is magical ... all the rest of those (who count) in the list had others around them who made them look better.

JO is truly a blessing to have on our team!

Nothing wrong with that mind-set, and you would be surprised how much I shy away from these threads cause I hate rating players, but I think its hurtfull to the organization to say "We will never move this guy, period". Everyone has a price, and if I am a GM and have both JO and Artest on my team and I am offered Tim Duncan for JO, I think you at least have to look at it (and Ill admit I would make it, but thats just me)

vapacersfan
09-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I wouldn;t really call him elite.

I would agree he is not elite based on his performance the last two seasons, but he is damn close to it and can get back to that level this upcoming season.

BlueNGold
09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
I would agree he is not elite based on his performance the last two seasons, but he is damn close to it and can get back to that level this upcoming season.

JO is not my favorite player, but I plan to cut him some slack. At times, JO has looked as good as KG and Duncan. The injuries he has experienced have came at the most inopportune time....right when he entered his prime years. If the team can get some continuity and he can stay healthy, I think he has a shot at elite status.

BTW, elite is a subjective term. I consider top 10 in the league to be elite. Others may have a different definition.

miller31
09-24-2006, 04:59 PM
The only players i would want would be...

WADE!!!

LEBRON!!!

DIRK!!!

Of course, the three best players in the NBA. No one even comes close to them. I guess i would prefer Dirk. This would fill JO's spot at PF. But i would take any of those three in a heart beat.!

Tyrion
09-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Ron Artest

The Hustler
09-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Howard
Wade
Melo
Lebron

Nooone else .... then only player i would trade for are young players that we can build around that are superstars ....(ok maybe im overrating a bit .... but i cant see a lot of gain in a straight swap for someone like pau or having to throw in others for better guys!)

AesopRockOn
09-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Why does everybody hate Kobe so much and underrating Tim so much? Why is Hinrich even a thought? Why wouldn't you trade for a better player? Are we rebuilding for the next few years or trying to contend currently? And why wouldn't you want the best center in the game?

vapacersfan
09-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Ron Artest

*Btown*

You made a funny!

*Btown*

spreedom
09-24-2006, 09:49 PM
And why wouldn't you want the best center in the game?

I think it's pretty clear that the Pacers aren't legit title contenders this year.. and I don't think we would be even WITH Shaq.. who is a few years past his prime, BTW, and his impact on the defensive side of the ball is plummetting.. I feel like he wasn't even definitely the best center on the team.. notice how many times in the playoffs that he was on the bench at the end of games?

Unless you meant Dwight Howard, who I think is likely to be the best center in the league by the end of the season...

Robertmto
09-25-2006, 01:31 AM

what have you done for me lately - do dodo do do ohh ohh ohh yea