PDA

View Full Version : A poll on the Jackson/Maggette rumor.

Will Galen
09-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Since everyone is so interested in the Jackson for Maggette RUMOR, I thought we should have a poll to see where everyone stands.

You have more than one choice so you can obviously vote more than once. And as always when I make a poll, others can see who you voted for.

Shoot, I forgot the, "I wouldn't do any of these trades" box. Okay, if you wouldn't do any of these trades just post a one word (NO) response in this thread.

Like this, "NO!"

MagicRat
09-23-2006, 01:28 PM
No.....

rexnom
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
No!

thunderbird1245
09-23-2006, 01:48 PM
No!

dannyboy
09-23-2006, 02:12 PM
No

obnoxiousmodesty
09-23-2006, 02:20 PM
No freakin' way.

blanket
09-23-2006, 03:09 PM
as of standings right now, more people would trade Jackson and John Edwards for Maggette than would trade just Jackson for Maggette!

John Edwards = the most unwanted NBA player :cry:

D-BONE
09-23-2006, 03:22 PM
NOPE!

EDIT: How about a straight up Tins for Cassell option since the other 2X2 is already there? No idea if it would even have any realistic possibilities. Just curious. Not saying I'd do it either. I'd think about it though.

Anthem
09-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Rawle Marshall and Josh Powell can be traded starting tomorrow. John Edwards can't be traded for another month.

I suppose it makes sense that we've been quiet on the trading front... two of our chips haven't been available to us.

blanket
09-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Rawle Marshall and Josh Powell can be traded starting tomorrow. John Edwards can't be traded for another month.

I suppose it makes sense that we've been quiet on the trading front... two of our chips haven't been available to us.

:nod: and :pray:

IndyFan032589
09-23-2006, 04:52 PM
I just hope we get rid of Edwards and keep Jack

ajbry
09-23-2006, 05:20 PM
HELL NO!

grace
09-23-2006, 05:45 PM
I want what will make everyone happy. :angel:

lumber man
09-23-2006, 05:50 PM
put me in the "Don't Trade Jack Club".:D

aero
09-23-2006, 06:08 PM
you need a "none of the above" on that poll.

NorCal_Pacerfan
09-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Negatory

naptown
09-23-2006, 06:43 PM
You left out...

You believe this rumor to be nothing more than just that, a rumor.

Pacesetter
09-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Maggette is definitely the greatest since MJ, according to a few experts.

Jackson can produce, he's never had issue with that. Jackson's biggest ill has been his motor-mouth, which can cost us games, and that's an obvious problem. If he reworks his approach and plays the game the way your supposed to, he'll be fantastic.

If Jackson ever gets to where he can't produce, can't play ball, and incessantly runs his mouth - he's got options online.

:fro:

Bball
09-23-2006, 07:46 PM
I voted for the Jackson and Tinsley trade. If it moved Tinsley I didn't care who we got back. ...That we got back a SG and a PG was a bonus.

-Bball

Anthem
09-23-2006, 10:16 PM
If Jackson ever gets to where he can't produce, can't play ball, and incessantly runs his mouth - he's got options online.
:brilliant That's great.

I'm surprised at the number of people who sayd "no," though. Do all of you think that Jack is a superior player to Maggette?

I don't really dislike Jack to the extent that some do, but surely Maggette is an upgrade.

rabid
09-23-2006, 10:32 PM
NO.

Anthem: Magette may be a little better, but...

- he's more injury prone
- he has chemistry/persona issues just like Jack
- the trade would make our outside shooting and perimeter defense even worse than it already is.

So to me, the trade would be a wash. If it were to go down it would be an obvious bone thrown to the fans for PR reasons. Not saying thats a bad thing but I don't think it's much of an upgrade on the court, if at all.

Anthem
09-23-2006, 10:41 PM
So to me, the trade would be a wash. If it were to go down it would be an obvious bone thrown to the fans for PR reasons. Not saying thats a bad thing but I don't think it's much of an upgrade on the court, if at all.
Hmm. I guess we can disagree on that... I think it's a small but definite upgrade on the court. And as you say, it's an upgrade with the fans.

Long-term, though, Maggette is a lot more valuable to other teams than Jack is. It would be easier to move Mags than Jack. Because even if we traded for Maggette, I'd still hope we weren't done.

beast23
09-23-2006, 11:07 PM
I voted for the Jackson and Tinsley trade. If it moved Tinsley I didn't care who we got back. ...That we got back a SG and a PG was a bonus.

-BballI don't go quite to that degree, but if we actually got Magette and Cassell for Jax and Tinsley, I'd probably wet my pants laughing with joy everytime I thought about that trade over the next year or two.

JayRedd
09-23-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't go quite to that degree, but if we actually got Magette and Cassell for Jax and Tinsley, I'd probably wet my pants laughing with joy everytime I thought about that trade over the next year or two.

How great would that be when the whole team is riding their bicycles through downtown Indianapolis following the parade route and then they all lift off and start flying through the air as Maggette leads the way with Cassell sitting in a basket on the handlebars.

They could even start throwing Reces Pieces to the cheering fans below.

jjbjjbjjb
09-24-2006, 01:48 PM
No... I think Jack deserves this year and I think the team will rally around him. It feels like it would be pulling the rug out from under them, somehow, in a way the other trades weren't.

AesopRockOn
09-24-2006, 02:07 PM
What's with the percents for this poll?

Can we trade Jax but still keep the beard?

Naptown_Seth
09-24-2006, 02:45 PM
I see Maggette as equal, maybe even a downgrade after last season's injury and then his performance when he came back.

However Cassell has proven that he brings legit LEADERSHIP so I would use Jack/Maggette to upgrade Tinsley. I think Tinsley as an athlete and passer can match Cassell, but his health and attitude issues are questions I wouldn't mind removing for a solid vet controlling the floor.

Still a risky trade as Tinsley could rebound well and be good long after Sam is done, and Maggette could be sitting out injured while Jack is playing a strong 3rd fiddle in LA.

I have zero interest in a Jack for Corey deal, let alone sending more than just Jack.

lumber man
09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
No... I think Jack deserves this year and I think the team will rally around him. It feels like it would be pulling the rug out from under them, somehow, in a way the other trades weren't.
well said.

Mourning
09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I have zero interest in a Jack for Corey deal, let alone sending more than just Jack.

Aggreed! I have had enough of high risk, bad chemisty, injury-prone players.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Anthem
09-25-2006, 02:10 PM
rcarey, you had to know you'd get called out on a public poll like this.

I think Maggette's an upgrade over Jack, but you would honestly include Granger with Jack in order get him?

That's crazy, man.

ajbry
09-25-2006, 02:19 PM
rcarey, you had to know you'd get called out on a public poll like this.

I think Maggette's an upgrade over Jack, but you would honestly include Granger with Jack in order get him?

That's crazy, man.

Agreed. I wouldn't trade Danny straight-up for Maggs, let alone Jack straight-up, let alone BOTH OF THEM.

vapacersfan
09-25-2006, 05:31 PM
DONT TRADE DANNY!

sweabs
09-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Don't take me seriously. I'm a jackass.

After the 10 page thread dedicated to a hopeful rumour on acquiring Maggette, I felt the need to skew the results of a poll (also dedicated to our holy saviour, Maggette).

(For those of you who actually did take me serious, for whatever reason, I would obviously never trade Danny in a package like this).

Lord Helmet
09-25-2006, 06:35 PM
rcarey, I didn't think you were that crazy.....

But for a second I did....

Anthem
09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
rcarey, I didn't think you were that crazy.....

But for a second I did....

:laugh: I know. Same.

Anthem
10-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Bump. :bump:

Lord Helmet
10-06-2006, 08:39 PM
*Calls LA Clipper front office*

Will Galen
10-06-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm glad I opted to have that poll close after a week. I think it would be pretty close to 90% to trade him for Mags now.

JayRedd
10-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I think RCarey would have more company too

Jermaniac
10-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Marquis Daniels proves he is a threat to shoot outside

LOLING

JayRedd
10-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Marquis Daniels proves he is a threat to shoot outside

LOLING

That one was all LoneGranger.....And he came up with that by 10:00 am

Well done, sir. You earned my first sig change.