PDA

View Full Version : I can see Jeff Foster being traded atleast by the deadline

Jer_Freak
09-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Why? Because.... we have David Harrison backing up JO and hes a far more important then Jeff Foster because hes part of the future core and we need to make "Sure...." hes developing the propert way.

Jeff Foster has some sort of value because teams thrive Foster and they know Foster hes a hard-worker and he does the dirty work.

something like Foster / Filler / Pick package can land us a Decent shooter which we really need right now.

Jeff Foster seems to be the odd man out and even though hes a good back-up Center we have no use for him right now....

BlueNGold
09-19-2006, 10:33 PM
If we don't replace Foster with another C, we will be in very big trouble. We have already lost Pollard and Cro.

Now, I want Foster moved too because his game will not age gracefully from here. He is injury prone and his trade value is not going to get any higher. Good guy, but he must go. ...but if he goes, we must get a C in return.

aero
09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Personally id rather have Jeff Foster then Harrison, If Harrison would gain some speed and not foul so much, and control his temper then maybe the kid could be better...

skyfire
09-19-2006, 11:37 PM
I think Foster might get traded but not due to his deficiencies but because he will be added in with Jax or Tins in a trade before the deadline. If he doesn't get traded I still think he is a very handy player to have coming off the bench.

pizza guy
09-20-2006, 12:56 AM
We have three guys that could conceivably be traded at the deadline. Foster, Jack, and Tins, IMO are all possibilities. Jack and Tins are in strange positions because they have to play well enough for us to keep them, but if they play really well, it's a good chance to get rid of them. It's up to the front office, I guess, like everything else.

beast23
09-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Why? Because.... we have David Harrison backing up JO and hes a far more important then Jeff Foster because hes part of the future core and we need to make "Sure...." hes developing the propert way.

Jeff Foster has some sort of value because teams thrive Foster and they know Foster hes a hard-worker and he does the dirty work.

something like Foster / Filler / Pick package can land us a Decent shooter which we really need right now.

Jeff Foster seems to be the odd man out and even though hes a good back-up Center we have no use for him right now....
I think you need to re-read your own post.

You give a few reasons why another team might want Foster.

But, did it ever occur to you that you have also listed the very reason why the Pacers themselves would want to keep Foster.

With the expected backup role that Foster might play this season, he would be one of the best frontcourt players coming off the bench to do what he does, and he's paid a very reasonable price for doing it.

Unclebuck
09-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm not going to comment on Foster, I think I've said all there is to say, but I do want to say the Pacers won't trade another draft pick. They likely just traded their 2007 first round pick in the Al deal. And you can't trade first round picks in consecutive years.

Slick Pinkham
09-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Are you willing to bet that JO and Al both are healthy for 80+ games and that David Harrison will improve dramatically in a backup role?

If so, then you may not need Jeff.

But... I don't know why anyone would expect that. Jeff will be our most reliable backup 4 and backup 5. he is absolutely needed and will be a good complement (rebounding/D) to Al in particular.

The Pacers would be crazy to give him up as a sweetener in a deal to send out Jax or Tins, unless something really good is coming back.

Not happening,
period.
Exclamation point!

DisplacedKnick
09-20-2006, 09:07 AM
If this trade happens I'd REALLY be following the Pacers.

Right now:

IF Tinsley is hurt
THEN the PG position is a complete disaster

Make this trade and you add:

IF JO is hurt
THEN the center position is a complete disaster

Of course that depends on what you get back but the original post talked about a shooter (I guess the trade could be for Brad Miller or Dirk).

There's not much point in following the Knicks - at least I can get some value out of the upcoming NBA season.

FlavaDave
09-20-2006, 09:33 AM
If we are competing, we keep Jeff.

If we are failing, we trade Jeff.

PacerMan
09-20-2006, 03:50 PM
David improving enough to be the guy is no sure thing. We all hope he is, but he isn't there yet.
Jeff is VERY important to this team.

BoomBaby31
09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Okay, i have a question. Is it forsure JO is going to start at the 5? or is this all just speculation. Personally I don't see JO starting at the five.

pizza guy
09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
If JO doesn't start at 5, then Danny is on the bench.

That's a thought that no one wants to entertain, so we go on the assumption that JO will play at 5.

Besides, in a more free-flowing offense, Danny Al-Jermaine can be a force.

CableKC
09-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I know that it leaves us very thin at the Center spot...but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up trading Foster for an expiring contract of some sort and a 2007 2nd round draft pick....right before the trade deadline.

I'm not saying that is what I want to do....I want to keep him...cuz I recognize that he is what he is....a decently paid but solid backup PF/C...which is hard to find.

But I can totally see us move him....as someone else pointed out...when his trade value is high but before his body seriously begins to break down....for additional salary cap relief.

I know that we are below the Luxury Tax threshold....but the further below the salary cap line we are...the better chance that we will have of making some decent moves next offseason ( which I believe is when we will really rebuild ).

OTD
09-20-2006, 05:40 PM
I wish that I knew how to save these posts who want to trade Foster. So if it did happen and Jo playing 5 will be hurt that is for sure, And they would start complaining about no rebounds. So I could bring up their post. Foster is very inportant to this team.

AesopRockOn
09-20-2006, 05:40 PM
The truth is that we don't know whether DH will develop into an effective center so we must keep Jeff or get a similar center in return which is unlikely. We are not trading Tinsley; that has been made clear. I don't think anyone will be traded the rest of the offseason and probably not in the season either. We need to see how the new members of the team work together with the already implemented core before we attempt to re-repatch before we even play a preseason game. We've been patient for the past two years; we must continue to uphold that virtue and trust LB...trust him...

NorCal_Pacerfan
09-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Foster won't be traded until Harrison can prove himself (as in, stay out of foul trouble).

Pacerized
09-20-2006, 08:20 PM
If JO doesn't start at 5, then Danny is on the bench.

That's a thought that no one wants to entertain, so we go on the assumption that JO will play at 5.

Besides, in a more free-flowing offense, Danny Al-Jermaine can be a force.

I know I'm in the minority, but I want Foster to start, and Granger to come off the bench. Granger would get a lot more touches with the second unit, and I don't want all of our starters to be looking to score, and demanding their shots. We need a player who doesn't demand the ball in the starting 5, and Foster is the perfect fit.

pizza guy
09-20-2006, 08:55 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I want Foster to start, and Granger to come off the bench. Granger would get a lot more touches with the second unit, and I don't want all of our starters to be looking to score, and demanding their shots. We need a player who doesn't demand the ball in the starting 5, and Foster is the perfect fit.

I don't think Danny will demand the ball. Obviously, JO does, and SJax wants to. Al plays very well as a complimentary player, but will certainly get his number called. Danny is best suited to be the guy that does everything, and gets his points out of chance rather than called plays, IMO.

I think you put your best five on the court, and Danny is in that group. Tinsley, Jackson, Danny, Al, JO.

I would be content with it though if we played Danny with Sarunas, Hulk, and 'Quis because last year Runi, DG, and Hulk played very well together, and 'Quis would only increase the level of play. I'd be much happier to see DG start, though.

ABADays
09-20-2006, 10:09 PM
I think you need to re-read your own post.

You give a few reasons why another team might want Foster.

But, did it ever occur to you that you have also listed the very reason why the Pacers themselves would want to keep Foster.

With the expected backup role that Foster might play this season, he would be one of the best frontcourt players coming off the bench to do what he does, and he's paid a very reasonable price for doing it.

This is EXACTLY right!

naptown
09-21-2006, 01:39 AM
At this point it is real easy to say "I can see Foster being traded by the deadline".......

...... and it can be argued about each and every player on the roster.

Come on regular season.... the off season is getting painful.

Naptown_Seth
09-21-2006, 02:00 AM
At this point it is real easy to say "I can see Foster being traded by the deadline".......

...... and it can be argued about each and every player on the roster.

Come on regular season.... the off season is getting painful.
:amen:

I'm so sick of wild speculation and the sheer volume of whiners and complainers (in other threads and at the Star)

Save the crap attitude for when things get bad, and let's cross the trade speculation bridges when we come to them, like mid-season perhaps.

Or should I start the "I can see the Simons selling the Pacers to Al Davis and him moving them to San Fran as the 2nd Bay Area team" thread?

VigoCountyPacerFan
09-22-2006, 01:18 AM
With artest, peja, cro, pollard gone...who is our 4th big man? I am a firm believer in having 4 big men