PDA

View Full Version : Hicks & Able

DisplacedKnick
09-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Let me know when you guys want to hold the expansion draft. I'll be leaving Thursday for a few days and I'd like to get it set by then.

I'd say we can run that as a thread in this forum. See my e-mail for dates that work for me.

able
09-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey as far as I am concerned, if it's only Hicks and Me, drop the list here and we can do while you are galavanting around :)

Hicks
09-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Abel has a point; if we start it early enough we could just get it done on this thread over a few days (if it even takes that long).

If that's out:

Sunday, October 1 - all day
Friday, October 6 - evening
Sunday, October 8 - all day

These would be my top choices. (in no particular order/ranking)

DisplacedKnick
09-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey as far as I am concerned, if it's only Hicks and Me, drop the list here and we can do while you are galavanting around :)

There are no lists - I have to send a deadline to teams to get those to me. That's generally a week ahead of the expansion draft.

DisplacedKnick
09-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Abel has a point; if we start it early enough we could just get it done on this thread over a few days (if it even takes that long).

If that's out:

Sunday, October 1 - all day
Friday, October 6 - evening
Sunday, October 8 - all day

These would be my top choices. (in no particular order/ranking)

Between the two of you you only have to pick 18 - should get done in an hour.

But if you take the max 15 minutes between picks that's 4-1/2.

Hicks
09-16-2006, 01:25 PM
My pick is to have the others submit their lists ASAP and Abel and I can just do the draft right here as soon as everyone's ready. If the lists are submitted soon, then that'd give us the days (again, if necessary) to do this right here on PD without having to worry about locking into a time slot.

DisplacedKnick
09-16-2006, 05:09 PM
My pick is to have the others submit their lists ASAP and Abel and I can just do the draft right here as soon as everyone's ready. If the lists are submitted soon, then that'd give us the days (again, if necessary) to do this right here on PD without having to worry about locking into a time slot.

There are no "days." One of the concepts behind the KL is to simulate the NBA as closely as possible. That means 15 minutes between picks. It's a reason why we've even toyed with the idea of a salary cap but haven't come up with a good way to implement it.

Also, there hasn't been much trade activity this summer but that's no reason to end the option 6 weeks before the NBA season even begins.

able
09-16-2006, 05:12 PM
:P~ whenever, as long as it is when I'm awake and not during working hours :D

DisplacedKnick
09-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Oct 8 is a Sunday - does 9 AM Indy time work for both of you? It would be either 2 or 3 PM UK time.

It's typically taken about an hour.

Hicks
09-16-2006, 05:55 PM
That sounds fine.

DisplacedKnick
09-16-2006, 06:05 PM
As long as we're setting the date, we need to set the order. The version of the virtual coin flip we've come up with is Rock, Paper, scissors. If each of you would PM me your selection of one of those 3, we can get that taken care of.

With your PM, please let me know if you'd like to be first for the Expansion Draft or the Regular Draft - whoever picks first in one picks second in the other.

Also, expansion teams swap between rds - whoever picks 1st in Rd 1 picks 2nd in rd 2 and so on. That's different from everyone else who picks in the same order in each rd.

Would you guys prefer that I e-mail you stuff or post it here? No choice with the PL's because that'll be an attachment but we'll be working out some details before then.

able
09-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Don't know about the time for hicks, perhaps we can let him sleep in a little ? after all, student, sundaymorning :D

PM SEND

Hicks
09-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Don't worry, I'll be up by 9; I do teach in an elementary classroom you know. :)

DisplacedKnick
09-16-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm completely flexible on the time but looks like 9 works OK - an hour or two later's fine if you change your mind Hicks.

OK - Able picked paper and Hicks picked rock so Able you win

Able will have the top pick in the regular draft and Hicks, you'll have first shot in the expansion draft. The order's pretty simple:

1 - Hicks
2 - Able
3 - Able
4 - Hicks
5 - Hicks
6 - Able
7 - Able
8 - Hicks
9 - Hicks
10 - Able
11 - Able
12 - Hicks
13 - Hicks
14 - Able
15 - Able
16 - Hicks
17 - Hicks
18 - Able

I'm going to set the evening of Sept 30 as the deadline for teams to get their PL's in - I'll put that together and get them out to you on the 1st.

Jose Slaughter
09-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Things are actually happening!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Raskolnikov
09-17-2006, 01:09 AM

Yes, but I haven't understood a single thing yet of what they're doing. Do we have to make lists? How come only able & Hicks are in the expansion draft? Are the answers to these two questions related?

I'm new here, so please be gentle.

sweabs
09-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Yes, but I haven't understood a single thing yet of what they're doing. Do we have to make lists? How come only able & Hicks are in the expansion draft? Are the answers to these two questions related?

Nah, don't worry about it. This stuff is all regarding the Keeper League.

Jose Slaughter
09-17-2006, 05:08 AM

Raskolnikov

There are 2 leagues using the same forum.

You just signed on with the ABA. We will be hold a draft sometime in the middle of next month, I hope. At that time you'll draft an entire team.

Displaced Knick was posting info about a keeper league. Hicks & Able are the two expansion owners for the upcoming season. The rest of the teams in the KL will need to summit a protected list, similar to what the NBA does.

DisplacedKnick
09-17-2006, 07:26 AM

Not only that but we're finally up to 20 KL teams!

Been trying to get there for 3 years. :dance: :jump: :rock:

Raskolnikov
09-17-2006, 07:42 AM
Nah, don't worry about it. This stuff is all regarding the Keeper League.

Raskolnikov

There are 2 leagues using the same forum.

You just signed on with the ABA. We will be hold a draft sometime in the middle of next month, I hope. At that time you'll draft an entire team.

Displaced Knick was posting info about a keeper league. Hicks & Able are the two expansion owners for the upcoming season. The rest of the teams in the KL will need to summit a protected list, similar to what the NBA does.
Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Hicks
09-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Maybe now the forum's name makes it more clear. :)

DisplacedKnick
09-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Maybe now the forum's name makes it more clear. :)

I need to start putting Keeper League in Thread Titles too - my bad on this one.

SycamoreKen
09-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Ahh fresh meat! I'll get my list to you soon Rim. Why am I scared that it looks just like the one I sent you last year at this time?

DisplacedKnick
09-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Ahh fresh meat! I'll get my list to you soon Rim. Why am I scared that it looks just like the one I sent you last year at this time?

You're in a rut Ken - you need to make a trade.

It would be tough but I could be persuaded to part with Jarrett Jack for KG - just to help you out! ;)

SycamoreKen
09-20-2006, 09:59 PM
You're in a rut Ken - you need to make a trade.

It would be tough but I could be persuaded to part with Jarrett Jack for KG - just to help you out! ;)

Hey, I made the Manu for Billups deal. I just need to quit dropping guys like Raja Bell. I should have probably traded Hughes at the end of the season as well, but I didn't.

I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll pass.