PDA

View Full Version : Heat pick up options on guard Wright, forward Simien (ESPN.com)

RoboHicks
09-15-2006, 05:50 PM
The Miami Heat picked up options Friday on guard Dorell Wright and forward Wayne Simien, ensuring they remain under contract for at least two more seasons.

More... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2589422&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines)

Anthem
09-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Poor guy. Simien is such an unfortunate name.

LoneGranger33
09-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Hahahahahah...truer words were never spoken...but he's a decent player. Rudy Gay has a hard road ahead of him as well, at least in terms of jersey sales...I guess Randle Gay did okay, eh? I'd say yay.

SoupIsGood
09-17-2006, 09:23 AM
LG33, sweet pic in the sig man.

AesopRockOn
09-17-2006, 07:49 PM
or the ***g on fsu; that is way worse

JayRedd
09-20-2006, 11:49 PM
or the ***g on fsu; that is way worse

Agreed...Reminds me of that Chappelle skit about the white family with the unfortunate last name.

As for Wayne, I think he has a future in this league. He's just been buried over there behind Diesel, Zo and Haslem. Guy was an animal at Kansas. I think he'll be contributing this year.

Fool
09-21-2006, 08:32 AM
LG33, sweet pic in the sig man.

Do you think its suggesting that Jackson is J.O's enforcer since Dale was Reggie's?

LoneGranger33
09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Thanks Soup, but being the computer-illiterate person I am, I can't claim credit for taking/uploading it. A simple google images search was all the effort I put in.

In response to the enforcer suggestion, that's a very credible theory, although JO'Neal was left to fend for himself in the brawl (on the court) while Jackson ran up the stands like the mad-man all of us critics make him out to be, if you remember --> although this is obviously a rare situation. Jackson probably yells at the ref's for JO, but it'd probably hurt the big man's ego to have a smaller guy be his enforcer. I could see the outline of Reggie's ribcage through the jersey - JO is a bit bulkier. Personally, I liked it (the picture that is) because it was like a transition from Old Guys to New, yet all on the same frame (not to mention it fit the predetermined image height and width limits, which is always a positive).

Oh, and that was one of the better Chappelle's Show sketches in my opinion. Right up there with the Mad Real World and the Racial Draft.