PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Don't Score In NBA's Fantasy Rankings (Pacers.com)

RoboHicks
09-15-2006, 02:30 PM
In its very own just-released Fantasy Draft Player Rankings (http://www.pacersdigest.com/fantasy/draft_kit/positions.html), NBA.com has thrown the Pacers to the Wolves. And the Bobcats, Raptors and Hawks, among others. Sounds like a load of Bulls to us.

More... (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fantasy_rankings_060915.html?rss=true)

Putnam
09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
First, this is about Fantasy leagues, not about the NBA. So most of us don't care. We could be a great success in the NBA standings without having any preferred fantasy players.

Second, I don't care if we are undervalued in the national media. Let 'em ignore us until May. If we're still around then, they'll have to notice us. If we're gone by May, then we didn't deserve respect.

SkipperZ
09-15-2006, 04:06 PM
um if i was actually trying to win a fantasy league i wouldnt touch any pacer with a 10 foot pole.

shaky pg rotations, half the team being injury prone, suspensions, team drama, low scoring poor percentage offense, "depth" at most positions, theres no reason to take any single pacer on your team if you want a shot at winning. If I HAD to take 3 players from any team of my choice, the pacers would be the last team i would choose to take 3 players from for my fantasy team, except possibly the knicks.

Atlanta has Smith, Childress and JJ. The Bobcats have Brevin Knight, Gerald Wallace, and Peanut Butter. Toronto has Bosh, TJ Ford and Mopete. The Pacers have an oft injured JO (who has mediocre FG and FT% even when healthy), and after that its pick your poison with either a horrible shooting percentage Stephen Jackson that you can rely on for 82 games of mediocre numbers, Turnover Tinsley for 40 games a season, Al Harrington who was only 17 and 9 being "the man" in Atlanta, and Danny Granger who can put up decent all around numbers but won't get enough touches to standout offensively.

that said i have 2-3 pacers on my team every year. and every year i lose.

Oh yea the Spurs are a pretty bad fantasy team too. But still better than Indiana

vapacersfan
09-15-2006, 05:01 PM
First, this is about Fantasy leagues, not about the NBA. So most of us don't care. We could be a great success in the NBA standings without having any preferred fantasy players.

Second, I don't care if we are undervalued in the national media. Let 'em ignore us until May. If we're still around then, they'll have to notice us. If we're gone by May, then we didn't deserve respect.

:ding: