PDA

View Full Version : Assistant GM

grace
09-14-2006, 09:25 PM
I sure wish this was for the Pacers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-timberwolves-asstgms&prov=ap&type=lgns

Former Timberwolves player Fred Hoiberg and former Toronto general manager Rob Babcock were hired as assistant GMs for Minnesota on Thursday.

Hicks
09-14-2006, 09:34 PM
They WILLINGLY took Babcock back? Wow.

rexnom
09-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I feel like Chris Griffin and Kevin Costner movies..."How does Rob Babcock keep getting work?!"

sweabs
09-14-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't like Babcock as much as the next guy, and I hate to stand up for him.

However, people tend to forget some of the good things he did (be it few as they may). He resigned Morris Peterson to a good contract without overpaying. He drafted Charlie Villanueva. He hired Sam Mitchell who in my opinion is a good young coach.

He's still not a good GM, but he does know basketball. Assistant GM is where he belongs.

JayRedd
09-15-2006, 12:42 AM
I feel like Chris Griffin and Kevin Costner movies..."How does Rob Babcock keep getting work?!"

Agreed.....But the funnier part is that he'd probably be an upgrade from McHale.

spreedom
09-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Hoiberg is really the big story there.. talk here in Minnesota is that the GM job is his to lose in the coming year or so.. obviously Glen Taylor is FINALLY sick of McHale's brutal performance as GM..

countarfit
09-15-2006, 09:29 AM
It's a shame that Freddie Hoiberg had to retire. He sure as hell had a nice long range shot