PDA

View Full Version : Rick Carlisle is gonna be on the Hot-seat this year

Jer_Freak
09-14-2006, 04:02 PM
There is no doubt in my mind he is, even though hes done a solid team getting us to the playoffs with the distractions we had to face. hes gonna have to do a better job. we have only been a 500 team in the last 2 seasons and there is reasons why but this year there is no excuse. we should be better then a 500 team.

i think this is his last chance or else i can see him being fired while we hire Rick Adelman.

pizza guy
09-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I could see that. I also could see Larry giving his buddy another chance. Either way, I hope he coaches like he's on the hot-seat.

Jer_Freak
09-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Rick Adelman makes sense. hes a up-tempo coach he fits what we want to do i think this is Rick's last year as our head-coach unless he really does a good job and puts us between the 4-5th seed.

CableKC
09-14-2006, 05:20 PM
The only coach that I can think of that I would like to take a chance on is Mario Elie. If Adelman isn't a likely candidate...I'm hoping that Nellie and Mullin don't "Avery Johnson" him into the coaching spot for the Warriors.

Isaac
09-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Darrell Armstrong is going to be our next coach. I wish we had fired Rick before and named Mike Brown head coach, but its too late for that.

Moses
09-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Darrell Armstrong is going to be our next coach. I wish we had fired Rick before and named Mike Brown head coach, but its too late for that.
I also find myself wishing that the same scenario occurred.

Jer_Freak
09-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Rick Adelman or Stan Van Gundy will do good.

miller31
09-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes, I definitely think that this will be Ricks last year if we do not produce this year. Heck there is no way we are a .500 team. Especially this year, I think we have the best chemistry and talent of all the years Rick has been here. If it doesnt pan out this year, I know for a fact that Carlisle will be gone. We have given up too much talent and chances to waster another year.

But who will we bring in to replace him?.....Armstrong?

I know who I want to see down there commanding our team!

:) REGGIE MILLER:)

Does anyone else see Reggie coming to the bench if Carlisle is gone next season?!

Doug
09-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Does anyone else see Reggie coming to the bench if Carlisle is gone next season?!

I'll take this one...

NO!

FlavaDave
09-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Hot seat or not, Rick will be fine. I am 100% confident that he will do an outstanding job this year.

Am I the only one who remembers the EC Finals birth? The second round push of the Pistons after the brawl?

Under the circumstances of last year (and factoring in the year before that), what other coach in the league would have done better than a playoff birth and two victories in the first round?

FlavaDave
09-15-2006, 02:13 PM
That's what I thought.

:carlisle: says take a :einstein: y'all.

CableKC
09-15-2006, 02:33 PM
^^actually...since no one responded to your question about Carlisle taking us to the ECF and the 2nd round of the playoffs.....doesn't that mean that no one else remembers that? :shrug:

J/K....sort of.

Unless we make it to the 2nd round of the Playoffs this season.....then he's gone...in favor of Armstrong....or...if Mully subtly suggests to DW....Mario Elie. :rolleyes:

larry
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I'll take this one...

NO!

I love Reggie & I think it would be cool,
but I think we all must accept that the Miller era is and has been over.

:cry: