PDA

View Full Version : OT-Pacers FanJam

heywoode
09-14-2006, 12:25 PM
I just called PS&E and all she could say was that it would be in the first part of October but that they hadn't set a date yet.

I can also say that I got it on pretty good authority from someone associated with the Pacers that it will be October 8th. It is usually the first Sunday in October (as has been stated here before), and it has to be after camp and before the preseason starts, so there isn't alot of wiggle room there...

I can't remember when it started last year. I thought at least one year it was at 7pm, but that seems much later than what I recall last year. We waited in line on the Delaware St. side for about a half hour and it was sunny and nice, so I don't think it was that late last year....Anybody remember the times for the last couple of years??

Unclebuck
09-14-2006, 01:12 PM
I can't remember when it started last year. I thought at least one year it was at 7pm, but that seems much later than what I recall last year. We waited in line on the Delaware St. side for about a half hour and it was sunny and nice, so I don't think it was that late last year....Anybody remember the times for the last couple of years??

It will depend on what time the Colts game is.

Edit: I just checked and the Colts play at 1:00, so I would guess fan jam will start at 5:00, 5:30, or 6:00

aero
09-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Ive never been to a fan jam, is it like..first come first serve where they let you sit anywhere or can you get tickets in advance...how does it work ?

heywoode
09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
It will depend on what time the Colts game is.

Edit: I just checked and the Colts play at 1:00, so I would guess fan jam will start at 5:00, 5:30, or 6:00

That is an interesting point...I think the Colts played at the 49'ers last year on the same day as the FanJam, and I recall watching the start of the Colts game (probably the 4:30pm start) at Rock Bottom after we left the FanJam...Thanks for jarring my memory and working out the problem I had in my head about last year!

Ive never been to a fan jam, is it like..first come first serve where they let you sit anywhere or can you get tickets in advance...how does it work ?

First come, first served on the seating. Usually, the first several thousand (I think?) get coupons for a free hot dog, chips, and drink also...

Mr. Pink
09-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I wish they would officially come out with the date!

heywoode
09-14-2006, 06:36 PM
I wish they would officially come out with the date!

Well, I got it from someone who has to be there, and they said it was October 8th, but I agree. Once they post the date, they will give a time too...

I agree with UB wholeheartedly that they will schedule it around the Colts game. Last year it was earlier in the day because the Colts were away, but if they are at home, it will be somewhere around where UB stated...I'm guessing 6pm or 7pm...

mboyle1313
09-14-2006, 10:13 PM
All,
10/8/06 is correct. Be there or be square.

MJB

Mr. Pink
09-14-2006, 11:55 PM
u r a god mark

Anthem
09-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Very nice. Thanks, Mark.

Naptown_Seth
09-15-2006, 01:49 AM
No, Mark gave us nothing we didn't already have.

God status comes when he returns with the White and Blue lineups. ;)

Double points if we can get the initial betting line for the game. :D

Taste from last season

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/Naptown_Seth/FanJamWhite.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/Naptown_Seth/FanJamBlue.jpg

Closest I could come on finding a picture that looks like anything you might actually see this year. Most photos were around 60% players that aren't on the team anymore. It was either this or one with Snap vs Tinsley. :)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/Naptown_Seth/FanJam3.jpg

heywoode
09-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks for sharing the photos, Seth...

OT, but what equipment are you using? It looks like you were sitting close to the same area that we were last year...We were close to midcourt on the same side, and about three rows down into the lower bowl...

Naptown_Seth
09-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks for sharing the photos, Seth...

OT, but what equipment are you using? It looks like you were sitting close to the same area that we were last year...We were close to midcourt on the same side, and about three rows down into the lower bowl...
Canon Rebel SLR, mostly with a 80-200mm 2.8 lens I got used for half price at Roberts downtown.

We were about 5 rows from the top (of the LL) in the corner a little. We didn't get there early enough.

It's still a ton of fun though, no one gets a bad seat and the mood is really upbeat. Last year people were excited to see Ron back and Cabbages and Granger on the court. But this year I think there will be more buzz due to Al and his attitude. Plus I think a lot of people will walk away really happy with Daniels.

Let's just hope White and Shawne have something ready for their performace after the game. That can get pretty ugly. :)

heywoode
09-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Canon Rebel SLR, mostly with a 80-200mm 2.8 lens I got used for half price at Roberts downtown.

What a coincidence, I just ugraded from the Rebel to the Rebel XT, and I generally use a crappy 75-300mm f/4-5.6 lens...I bet the half price price on that 2.8 was still salty...

Remaining off topic, does Roberts have a decent selection of used stuff? I shop at Jack's in Muncie (being in Huntington, Muncie is more convenient and Jack's has always taken care of me...) and I rarely find used stuff that I can afford...I would love to have a good long zoom at 2.8. I recently bought a 17-85mm f/2.8 and it was a painful purchase!

MagicRat
09-23-2006, 08:38 PM
http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicrat/fanjamtime.jpg

heywoode
09-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Once again, the master...

Thanks, MR!

Mr. Pink
09-24-2006, 03:26 AM
I can't freakin wait! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE! ahhh...who am I kidding?

lumber man
09-24-2006, 03:34 AM
All,
10/8/06 is correct. Be there or be square.

MJB
2 ?'s- Are you gonna wear the gargoyle shirt again this year?, and is that an old-school nickname of yours(something to do with your last name)?

mboyle1313
09-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Lumber Man,

1) Though I haven't given consideration to the day's ensemble yet, I can assure you that the gargoyle shirt will not be considered. Having outlived it's usefulness, that shirt has long since been weeded out of the rotation.

2) The mboyle 1313 name refers to what I consider to be my lucky number (13) and my admiraytion for Wilt Chamberlain, who was among the first to wear the number at the professional level.

MJB

Naptown_Seth
09-24-2006, 02:37 PM
What a coincidence, I just ugraded from the Rebel to the Rebel XT, and I generally use a crappy 75-300mm f/4-5.6 lens...I bet the half price price on that 2.8 was still salty...

Remaining off topic, does Roberts have a decent selection of used stuff? I shop at Jack's in Muncie (being in Huntington, Muncie is more convenient and Jack's has always taken care of me...) and I rarely find used stuff that I can afford...I would love to have a good long zoom at 2.8. I recently bought a 17-85mm f/2.8 and it was a painful purchase!
I haven't been in there in several months (no money so why torture myself :) ), but when I have been in I'd say they carried 10-12 decent used lenses, maybe more that I didn't realize.

Think the 2.8 went for $550-600.

Rat, did you mock that sign up or is that just a legit photo. I'm trying to think of what sign that would be if it is a real photo. If its a fake its really freaking good, but I've seen some of your other efforts so I could believe it.

lumber man
09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Lumber Man,

1) Though I haven't given consideration to the day's ensemble yet, I can assure you that the gargoyle shirt will not be considered. Having outlived it's usefulness, that shirt has long since been weeded out of the rotation.

2) The mboyle 1313 name refers to what I consider to be my lucky number (13) and my admiraytion for Wilt Chamberlain, who was among the first to wear the number at the professional level.

MJB
I was wondering if "Gargoyle" was your nickname. I went to school with a Doyle and that's what we dubbed Him. The shirt was pretty cool though.

MagicRat
09-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Rat, did you mock that sign up or is that just a legit photo. I'm trying to think of what sign that would be if it is a real photo. If its a fake its really freaking good, but I've seen some of your other efforts so I could believe it.

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/sign2.gif

RWB
09-25-2006, 08:52 AM
1) Though I haven't given consideration to the day's ensemble yet, I can assure you that the gargoyle shirt will not be considered.

Wasn't there a glut of MBoyle autographs on ebay right after this last year? :-o

Seriously, Mark are you going to be signing again this year? ;)

mboyle1313
09-25-2006, 10:36 AM
RWB,
Slick and I will be signing from 4-5 PM on the 8th.

MJB

RWB
09-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks Mark, I know a lot of folks appreciate this type of thing. Mrs. RWB we'll have a blast.

Our celeb collection for the home theater room is picking up fast. The Mrs met the remaining OZ munchkins the weekend before and got a picture with Ted Marchabroda yesterday. The Mark and Slick conquest will be next. ;)

Naptown_Seth
09-25-2006, 12:19 PM
A flashing arrow no less. Nice. :)