View Full Version : OT: Kobe was framed because he's black, lawyer says

Slick Pinkham
01-23-2004, 04:59 PM
the race card comes out.
:(

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1716178

bulletproof
01-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey, why not? It worked for OJ. Michael Jackson is next.

ABADays
01-23-2004, 05:15 PM
I am so sick of this crap :finger: :bs:

kerosene
01-23-2004, 05:16 PM

Problem is, MJ is not black. :laugh:

bulletproof
01-23-2004, 05:27 PM

Problem is, MJ is not black. :laugh:

Neither was O.J.

Snickers
01-23-2004, 05:51 PM
I haven't been following the case too closely, but this seems to be a new low for the defense.

:neutral:

indygeezer
01-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Can Johnny Cocharan be far behind???

BTW the lead defense lawyer...she be from an Indiana High School. :angel: :unimpressed:

Anthem
01-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Man, I hate that. He was going to win anyway, why's he have to break that out? I tell you one thing, that might not fly as well in Colorado. The charge might stick in Indy or the South, but not in Colorado.

Natston
01-24-2004, 01:29 AM
That racist t-shirt thing still cracks me up, that is just a pitiful accusation. I miss my WTF? thread that went over that issue more deeply. It saddens me that I am becoming a paralegal... :cry:

Roaming Gnome
01-24-2004, 01:42 AM
All I can do is just shake my head. :shakehead:

Natston
01-24-2004, 01:52 AM

I see prejudice right there... FREE KOBE! :unimpressed:

Roaming Gnome
01-24-2004, 02:46 AM

Funny you say that, me being a black man and all...

Natston
01-24-2004, 02:47 AM

Funny you say that, me being a black man and all...

FREE KOBE!

Roaming Gnome
01-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Actually, I'm going to take my last post even farther. I am so F'ing sick of the race card being used. I'm not going to say that it does not exist, because I would be foolish, but I will say that it is over used. Personally, I am so sick of it being used as a damn crutch in our community.

Funny thing, my wife was listening to the Russ Parr morning show and told me she was in utter shock about hearing all the criticism that Isiah Thomas was taking when Mike Fratello was thought to be the head coach. And no, the criticism was not for any coaching reasons...It was just because he was not black!!! Isiah was not using his position to advance their agenda and they were pissed!!!

Prejudice is a two way street, and I fu'king hate it. And for you "Naturally Stoned" to acuse me of being prejudice is just plain bush league. The reason I mentioned that I was shaking my head was the fact that I hoped this case with Kobe didn't come down to race, because race issues don't like this don't help anyone.

Personally, I want to believe Kobe is innocent, the whole case seems like complete Bull***** from the original story, to the girl showing up to the rape exam with some other man's sperm in her panties, to the judge saying the prosecutions eveidence was barely enough to warrent a trial. I do know one thing though... Kobe is guilty of horrible judgement on many aspects.

What a first...being called prejudiced. I guess there is a first for everything!!!

Natston
01-24-2004, 03:21 AM
Prejudice is a two way street, and I fu'king hate it. And for you "Naturally Stoned" to acuse me of being prejudice is just plain bush league. The reason I mentioned that I was shaking my head was the fact that I hoped this case with Kobe didn't come down to race, because race issues don't like this don't help anyone.
!

Dude I have never met you. I was not being serious when i used the word prejudice, and i was not calling you that but i was calling your sentence prejudiced. Even as a white person I have seen the ugliness of racism and prejudice. I hate it as well, I have 8 relatives that are black.

I think it ****ing ridiculous that if a white cop shoots a black man, then all hell breaks lose. A black man shoots another black man... Nothing. A white cop shoots a white person... Nothing. A black cop shoots a white person... Nothing. White shoots black, prejudice and rascism rear its ugly head.

I really didn't mean harm with my comment...

Roaming Gnome
01-24-2004, 03:31 AM
!

Dude I have never met you. I was not being serious when i used the word prejudice, and i was not calling you that but i was calling your sentence prejudiced. Even as a white person I have seen the ugliness of racism and prejudice. I hate it as well, I have 8 relatives that are black.

I think it ****ing ridiculous that if a white cop shoots a black man, then all hell breaks lose. A black man shoots another black man... Nothing. A white cop shoots a white person... Nothing. A black cop shoots a white person... Nothing. White shoots black, prejudice and rascism rear its ugly head.

Really, I know that I should have made my statement crystal clear, but I guess I didn't reallize how bad it could have sounded if taken the wrong way.

All I ment when I said, All I can do is shake my head...Was, I just didn't want the trial to come down to race...That is all!

Being black...I get very tired of all issues being fairly, or unfairly twisted into a race issue.

Natston
01-24-2004, 03:36 AM
!

Really, I know that I should have made my statement crystal clear, but I guess I didn't reallize how bad it could have sounded if taken the wrong way.

All I ment when I said, All I can do is shake my head...Was, I just didn't want the trial to come down to race...That is all!

Being black...I get very tired of all issues being fairly, or unfairly twisted into a race issue.

I was just showing how frivolous those accusations have become. No matter what you say, it's laced with prejudice. Sigh... :cry:

Anthem
01-24-2004, 05:17 AM
It's weird here in the southwest. "Black" and "white" are still there, but racism often means Hispanic or Asian. Our society has tunnel vision to think of "race" as "black and white."

You know what I love about america? The melting pot. I'm all about it.

----

Anthem

Proud possessor of genetic code from more ethnicities than I know what to do with.

ABADays
01-24-2004, 07:11 AM
First of all, it doesn't matter if another man's semen was in her panties. IF the act happened - it happened.

Secondly, this race card thing is getting out of hand. There is a price to pay for it. I could be totally wrong, but I believe there is a backlash to the entire black community when the race card is played to benefit ONE individual. It's being played to much to the detriment of the black culture.

Natston
01-24-2004, 02:04 PM
You have to take notice of what the problem is for Kobe. It's a he said/she said case where there's not a lot of evidence to support either side. Right now he can't really prove that he had consentual sex. I can see that and can't fault his defense lawyers for trying to do something. But so far they have thrown out everything in the book. The race card is just the latest thing to be used. Right now to Kobe's lawyers, the sexual encounter didn't even happen. The girl is a liar and a whore who just decided to accuse poor Kobe of rape because of the mere fact that he is black. They're out to prove the victim guilty and not their client innocent... :(

Doug
01-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Right now he can't really prove that he had consentual sex.
Not to nit-pick, but he doesn't have to. They have to prove, (well, beyond a reasonable doubt) that it was not consentual. Same thing? Not quite. IMO, there is enough reasonable doubt already on the physical evidence that he is going to be found not guilty.

Given that she had sex with another man *after* the alledged incindent, I can't say that any physical injuries were caused beyond a reasonable doubt by Kobe.

Maybe this indicates that the defenses' case is weaker than the press would have us believe.

Natston
01-24-2004, 04:40 PM
But will her pre/post sexual actions will allowed into court?