PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2007 Team sign up

Jose Slaughter
08-29-2006, 12:24 AM
I have a plan, or at least an idea for a plan, so we might as well get started.

If you were in the ABA last year, please let me know what your plans are for the coming season. Able is in the process of setting up a site for us and I'd like to get an idea how many of us will be returning.

I'd like to start the draft no later than October 14th. If we can work it out, we will use the 24 hour draft clock like we did last season. Last years draft was completed in less than a week. So I think that sould allow us plenty of time.

One other thing.

The ABA Keeper League is now full but there are still posters on here that have interest in playing. Would anyone have an interest in helping form a 3rd league? It could be a yearly league like the ABA, or a Keeper. We would need someone to step up and assume the commissioner duties as well.

Anyone?

burnzone
08-29-2006, 05:02 AM
I was in the ABA last year, and I would like to return this season, if we can find a replacement site for sports.ws, that would be great.

Hicks
08-29-2006, 06:55 AM
I was in the ABA last year, and I would like to return this season, if we can find a replacement site for sports.ws, that would be great.

^

MagicRat
08-29-2006, 08:12 AM
I'd like to continue my dominance from last year, if possible........

Diamond Dave
08-29-2006, 09:12 AM
I'll take another shot at it, this time I won't be bamboozled by Grant Hill. :mad:

DrBadd01
08-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I am in.

Slick Pinkham
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
The defending champions will be in the house.

:cool:

Shade
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm in again. :)

I am having second thoughts about the Keeper League, however, so if someone wants in badly enough I may be willing to relinquish my spot. With having school and two jobs now, it may be too difficult to focus on two fantasy leagues.

Gyron
08-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I have a new baby coming right about the start of the league this year, so I'm probably not gonna make it this time. Maybe the follwoing year.:(

Mourning
08-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I have a new baby coming right about the start of the league this year, so I'm probably not gonna make it this time. Maybe the follwoing year.:(

First of all Congratulations. Secondly ... I could choose your team for you, so you could take over the players that haven't been traded yet, I mean your team, later on in the season :drool: :D:D:D

Oh, yeah, I would like to be in again too. This year the trophy will go out of the States for sure :).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

kerosene
08-29-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm in

SycamoreKen
08-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm in again. :)

I am having second thoughts about the Keeper League, however, so if someone wants in badly enough I may be willing to relinquish my spot. With having school and two jobs now, it may be too difficult to focus on two fantasy leagues.

Friggin' wimps letting a thing like real life come between you and your fantasy hoops.:rolleyes:

Good luck to both of you with your adventures.

diamonddave00
09-03-2006, 11:31 PM
i'd like to be counted in too

DisplacedKnick
09-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Count me in for one more year.

I haven't been able to put the time in the last couple of years that I like to. Hopefully that'll change this season but if it doesn't it'll be my last one.

able
09-04-2006, 02:26 PM
don't you even consider letting me hanging on the outside ! :D

Jose Slaughter
09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
So far we have 13 returning, 9 still to hear from & 2 are leaving.

Returning
Able
Burnzone
Diamond Dave
Dr. Badd
Hicks
Indy Dave
Jose Slaughter
Kerosene
Magic Rat
Mourning
Rimfire
Shade
Pacer Tom

Not Sure
Anthem
Boston Connction
Dipperdunk
Doug
Grundzel
Pacer Fan in AZ
Peck
Number 7
Roaming Gnome

Taking a break
Gyron
Rcarey

Diamond Dave
09-05-2006, 09:22 AM
I'll say something to Peck today. I garuntee he doesn't even know about this thread.

sweabs
09-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to participate this year.

I loved playing last season, and enjoyed the company of all the active owners. However, I'm now at a point where I don't feel as though I'll have enough time to invest in the league (for various reasons). I don't want to be one of those owners that ruins it for everyone else, so I'm going to step aside this year for someone who can positively dedicate themselves.

Good luck everyone!

Jose Slaughter
09-10-2006, 01:41 AM
This is the group we're still waiting to hear from.

Anthem
Boston Connction
Dipperdunk
Doug
Grundzel
Pacer Fan in AZ
Peck
Number 7
Roaming Gnome

I've sent PM's to everyone on that list except Dipperdunk who hasn't been on the board since June & Pacer Fan in AZ whom I can't fine on the Members List.

As for the openings, we currently have two.

I've contacted Kraft, Sycamore Ken, Pig Nash & IndyToad

Kraft & Ken are former members of the league that I would like to get back. Kraft has yet to get back to me, Ken has too much going on with other leagues.

Pig Nash was the champion of another league on Sports.ws last season but, as with Ken, will not have the time to play this season.

Indy Toad was very active on the "practice site" we set up last fall but didn't make the final cut to get into the league.

If anyone has any suggestions for an opening please let us know.

Thanks

Mourning
09-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Maybe Raskolnikov is interested?

Anthem
09-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm out, sorry guys. I suck anyway, so it's not a big loss (unless you were counting on me for easy wins!).

Jose Slaughter
09-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Sorry to hear that Anthem. If its only because your team struggled, I hope you reconsider.

I've heard back from Peck and Indy Toad, both said yes. So here is where we currently stand.

On Board - 17
Able
Burnzone
Diamond Dave
Dr. Badd
Frank Slade
Hicks
Indy Dave
Indy Toad
Jose Slaughter
Kerosene
Magic Rat
Mourning
Peck
Raskolnikov
Rimfire
Shade
Pacer Tom

Not Sure
Boston Connction
Dipperdunk
Grundzel
Pacer Fan in AZ
Number 7

Taking a break
Anthem
Doug
Gyron
Rcarey
Roaming Gnome

Contacted but not joining
Arkman
Pig Nash
Sycamore Ken

Anthem
09-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Sorry to hear that Anthem. If its only because your team struggled, I hope you reconsider.
Well, I might have a stronger desire if I was better at fantasy basketball, but the biggest thing is that I'm just not going to have the time this season. Between the promotion, the baby, and graduate school, I just don't see it happening.

Thanks for the invite, though.

Roaming Gnome
09-11-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting, but this year I'm only going to have the time to focus on the Keeper League this year. I am giving up my spot. I'm sure someone will make excellent use of it.

Thanks for the oppertunity, Jose.

Doug
09-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting, but this year I'm only going to have the time to focus on the Keeper League this year. I am giving up my spot. I'm sure someone will make excellent use of it.

Thanks for the oppertunity, Jose.

Unfortunately, almost the same thing applies to me. I just don't think I have the time right now to be a good owner in both leagues. So, I'm going to have to stick with the keeper league right now

Sorry, James, maybe things will ease up for me next year.

Doug

Jose Slaughter
09-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Not a problem, all the best players are leaving. Theres more than one way to win a Championship!

Mourning
09-12-2006, 04:53 PM
I just got us a new owner, Jose. Send Raskolnikov a PM, he wants to join and is expecting news ;).

Regards,

Jose Slaughter
09-16-2006, 04:05 AM
Here is where we currently stand.

Just an explanation on one of the names, Life is Good.

He is the father of Los Angeles, LIG is new to the board & both are new to the league.

On Board - 23
Able
Aero
Bulldog
Burnzone
Diamond Dave
Dr. Badd
Frank Slade
Hicks
Indy Dave
Indy Toad
Jay Redd
Jose Slaughter
Kerosene
Life is Good
Los Angeles
Magic Rat
Mourning
Number Seven
Peck
Pizza Guy
Raskolnikov
Rimfire
Shade

Not Sure
Boston Connction
Dipperdunk
Grundzel
Pacer Fan in AZ

Taking a break
Anthem
Doug
Gyron
Pacer Tom
Rcarey
Roaming Gnome

Contacted but not joining
Arkman
Pig Nash
Sycamore Ken

NumberSeven
09-17-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm in guys.

Sorry I haven't checked PD for awhile.

Thanks.

Slick Pinkham
09-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Well,

You know how much I love playing this game. I was always one of the top 5 active owners.

I'd like to come back, but times change. My new job is getting more complicated, my kids are 13, 10, and 7 and all have afterschool stuff now and I've committed to things like Cub Scout events, my wife has a new full-time job.

I just can't see how I would do a half-decent job without letting something more important (kids, wife, job) suffer.

James, I'm going to take a year off.

:sad:

I will try to decide in the next few days whether I can stay in the keeper league. I won't drag it out too long. If somebody has to take over my team, they are at least getting something decent.

Sorry about this. I just can't find enough hours in the day.

:shrug:

Jose Slaughter
09-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Tom

I totally understand. I'm surprised we kept the majority of the league together as long as we did.

We had an outstanding group for about 4 years.

The new guys will have big shoes to fill.

aero
09-18-2006, 07:57 AM
lets get this party started :D

Skaut_Ech
09-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Well,

You know how much I love playing this game. I was always one of the top 5 active owners.

I'd like to come back, but times change. My new job is getting more complicated, my kids are 13, 10, and 7 and all have afterschool stuff now and I've committed to things like Cub Scout events, my wife has a new full-time job.

I just can't see how I would do a half-decent job without letting something more important (kids, wife, job) suffer.

James, I'm going to take a year off.

:sad:

I will try to decide in the next few days whether I can stay in the keeper league. I won't drag it out too long. If somebody has to take over my team, they are at least getting something decent.

Sorry about this. I just can't find enough hours in the day.

:shrug:

Se, ya lost me and I quit reading after THIS line: " I just can't see how I would do a half-decent job without letting something more important (kids, wife, job) suffer.
"

Gyron
09-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah how dare you let your real life get in the way!

oh wait.....nevermind....."....Coming Honey"

bulldog
09-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Lord, 22 teams. This will certainly be the biggest fantasy league I've ever been in. Am I going to have to draft John Edwards?

Jose Slaughter
09-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Actually it'll be 24.

I'm waiting to hear from a couple vets before I bring in a couple more rookies.

Gyron
09-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Lord, 22 teams. This will certainly be the biggest fantasy league I've ever been in. Am I going to have to draft John Edwards?

Go with Ezrem Lorbek. He's likely to get more playing time.:laugh:

JayRedd
09-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Actually it'll be 24.

I'm waiting to hear from a couple vets before I bring in a couple more rookies.

Wow...this is almost as big as the real NBA. Hopefully there are a few Isiahs, McHales and Babcocks out there.

Thanks for the invite, yall....Welcoming the challenge.

Jose Slaughter
09-21-2006, 12:33 AM
On Board - 24
Able
Aero
Bulldog
Burnzone
Diamond Dave
Dr. Badd
Frank Slade
Hicks
Indy Dave
Indy Toad
Jay Redd
Jose Slaughter
Kerosene
Life is Good
Los Angeles
Magic Rat
Mourning
Number Seven
Peck
Pizza Guy
Raskolnikov
Rimfire
Shade
Since 86

Since86
09-21-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm not on any of the lists.:(

Mourning
09-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok, COOL! With Since86 joining we have 24! Let's start hearing preferences for the sort of draft we will be doing, how long everyone has to make a pick and about when we will be doing it.

I will leave it to you, James, to state your preferences with regards to these things as you have the most experience at it.

I also would like to remind everyone that this IS a serious fantasy league, so an active owner is not a nice bonus. It's REQUIRED to be active. It's part of the game. So, if you don't think you have the time ... then let us know now, please ;).

Regards,

Jose Slaughter
09-21-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm not on any of the lists.:(

I knew I forgot to add someone to the list!

Sorry bout that 86.

Since86
09-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Don't worry about it. You're not the first to forget about me, and probably not the last.

That's how I live my life, let's please move on.

Jose Slaughter
09-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Ok, COOL! With Since86 joining we have 24! Let's start hearing preferences for the sort of draft we will be doing, how long everyone has to make a pick and about when we will be doing it.

I will leave it to you, James, to state your preferences with regards to these things as you have the most experience at it.

I also would like to remind everyone that this IS a serious fantasy league, so an active owner is not a nice bonus. It's REQUIRED to be active. It's part of the game. So, if you don't think you have the time ... then let us know now, please ;).

Regards,

The draft will start the first Saturday after Able gets our site open.

The draft clock will be the same as last season.... 24 hours.

I know that seems like a long time but we got the whole draft completed in just 6 days.

bulldog
09-21-2006, 04:10 PM
What sort of scoring will we use? Same as sports.ws? Or categories (you get a point for having the most rebounds, points, assists, etc.)? Weekly? Head-to-head?

Jose Slaughter
09-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Its my understanding that we will have the same set up as Sports.ws.

The scoring will be ....

OR = 2
DR = 1.5
Steals =2
Assist = 2
Blocks = 2.5
Points = 1

Turnovers = -1.5
Techs = -1
Personal Fouls = -.5

Raskolnikov
09-22-2006, 01:58 AM

Regards,

In that case, just scratch me off the list, Jose. There will definitely be moments where I won't have the time.

Jose Slaughter
09-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Sadly, Los Angeles & his father have withdrawn from our league. I hope to have replacements lined up before the end of the month.

On Board - 22
Able
Aero
Bulldog
Burnzone
Diamond Dave
Dr. Badd
Frank Slade
Hicks
Indy Dave
Indy Toad
Jay Redd