PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking

BBALL56HACKER
08-10-2006, 09:55 PM
With the AL deal taking so long and GARNET maybe wanting out of MINN. why don`t we look at combining both. Trade the T/E to ATL. moving AL on to MINN. along with Jackson & Foster for GARNET. Would give us a pretty nice looking starting 5 (would like to move J.T. but don`t think we can.:()

TINSLEY-DANIELS-GRANGER-ONEAL-GARNET

Slick Pinkham
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Ummm... even if KG flatly DEMANDED a trade, that is far too little.

Al, David, Danny, and a #1 would be too little.

I think JO + Danny might be in the ballpark.

Shade
08-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Any deal for KG will have to include at least Granger and Harrison on our end.

Trading JO for KG is pretty much pointless. The only reason to go after KG would be to combine him with JO.

SoupIsGood
08-10-2006, 10:51 PM
We'll be fine without KG.

Anthem
08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Any deal for KG will have to include at least Granger and Harrison on our end.

Trading JO for KG is pretty much pointless. The only reason to go after KG would be to combine him with JO.
Why is that? I'd think of KG as an upgrade over JO.

I wouldn't play him at center, though. Which means he and Al are either/or.

Fireball Kid
08-10-2006, 11:33 PM
With the AL deal taking so long and GARNET maybe wanting out of MINN. why don`t we look at combining both. Trade the T/E to ATL. moving AL on to MINN. along with Jackson & Foster for GARNET. Would give us a pretty nice looking starting 5 (would like to move J.T. but don`t think we can.:()

Oh boy:alcohol::crazy2::alcohol::crazy2:

Can I just ask........why do you think Minn. would do this?

Kstat
08-10-2006, 11:37 PM
you can't sign or sign-and-trade- for a player and then trade him in a package to another team within 90 days.

Not to mention there's no way the TWolves trade Garnett without asking both JO and Granger or JO, a pick and Harrison back from Indiana....

Ron who?
08-10-2006, 11:37 PM

if this happened i think Jermaine's stats will go down from 20-10 to 15-7 and he will be pretty pissed... and we could have some drama **** breakout
but also it could end up working out if we dont get rid of Danny because in like a while we could have a team sorta like the spurts had going with Davidson and Duncan... with Ginobili (who i think Danny will become better than) and Daniels...

Shade
08-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Why is that? I'd think of KG as an upgrade over JO.

I wouldn't play him at center, though. Which means he and Al are either/or.

Because KG isn't enough of an upgrade over JO to make a big difference.

SoupIsGood
08-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Because KG isn't enough of an upgrade over JO to make a big difference.
Especially when you consider we'd have to ship the whole team out for him.

Pass.

Naptown_Seth
08-11-2006, 12:38 AM

A (delayed) trade exception SPACE is not a commodity that can be traded like a player, money or draft rights. You don't trade the TE to another team. This has been repeated 30 times in the last month I'd bet so it's a little frustrating to see someone new pop up and totally ignore this fact.

Crackpot trade ideas are bad enough, but can we at least base them off of some understanding of reality. If Al comes to Indy as has been rumored, he can NOT then be traded anytime soon in a combo player deal.

For two months after receiving the player in trade or claiming him off waivers, if the player is being traded in combination with other players.

Kstat
08-11-2006, 01:03 AM
why isnt this thread moved to the trade idea forum by now anyway?

Bball
08-11-2006, 01:44 AM
Pass.

Yip... improvement in the passing game is something we'd see with a JO/KG trade.

-Bball

SoupIsGood
08-11-2006, 08:10 PM
JO cheap shot #482,347