PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was funny...

PCC87
08-05-2006, 10:38 PM
I know we all knew that Eddie Gill would be gone but, someone pointed this out to me.... http://www.nba.com/pacers/roster/index.html

If you look on there they gave Shawne Williams #4.While Gill is on the roster still as #4!:laugh: :laugh:

-PCC87

Kegboy
08-05-2006, 10:41 PM
They're gonna share the jersey. Only one will be active at any given time.

redwillow
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM
I hope Eddie Gill will take the hint and go form a tag team with Jamison Brewer in the WWE.

Eindar
08-05-2006, 11:21 PM
I hope Eddie Gill will take the hint and go form a tag team with Jamison Brewer in the WWE.

One of the few things I would go to watch WWE for.

MagicRat
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
They're gonna share the jersey. Only one will be active at any given time.

Actually, they're going to share more than a jersey......
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/twoheads.jpg

SycamoreKen
08-05-2006, 11:55 PM

That was funnier!:laugh:

grace
08-06-2006, 12:29 AM

I think this gives a whole new meaning to "We Ride Together."

Eindar
08-06-2006, 04:14 AM

Nice work with the font, MR.

Will Galen
08-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Just think of the court vision they would have! Wow!

8.9_seconds
08-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Am I the only one that finds it kind of disrespectful?

Raskolnikov
08-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I don't know if it's really meant like that. They're always a bit sloppy at pacers.com with that kind of things.

MagicRat
08-06-2006, 07:55 PM

I can assure you that picture was made with the utmost respect for Eddie, Shawne, Rosey Grier, Ray Milland, Samuel Z. Arkoff and Pacers Sports and Entertainment.........

PCC87
08-07-2006, 10:23 PM
I have to say the picture was pretty funny!

8.9_seconds
08-08-2006, 01:46 AM
I can assure you that picture was made with the utmost respect for Eddie, Shawne, Rosey Grier, Ray Milland, Samuel Z. Arkoff and Pacers Sports and Entertainment.........

haha, MR, I love your work. That's not what I was referring to.

ChicagoJ
08-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Won't Shawne Williams be wearing #4 for our NBDL affiliate? Rick Carlisle is still the coach... remember that?

FlavaDave
08-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Won't Shawne Williams be wearing #4 for our NBDL affiliate? Rick Carlisle is still the coach... remember that?

Yeah, Rick never played Granger or Sarunas at all last year.

ChicagoJ
08-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Are you saying Williams is as "NBA-ready" as Granger or even Saras?

I can see White getting some minutes this year. But not Williams.

FrenchConnection
08-08-2006, 04:58 PM

Why would it be a bad thing to use our minor league team to develop a player. I think that the introduction and expansion of a professional minor league is a great step for the NBA and I hope it expands so that every team has their own affiliate from which they can draw in case of injury, etc...

FlavaDave
08-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Are you saying Williams is as "NBA-ready" as Granger or even Saras?

I can see White getting some minutes this year. But not Williams.

I agree with you there. But you were suggesting that his lack of playing time would be because of Carlisle. But it isn't; Rick has no problem with playing rookies that are ready to play.

If Shawne has limited minutes, it is entirely a function of his ability (or lack thereof) to play well. Carlisle is irrelevant.

BTW, this is also the reason (along with foul trouble) that Harrison doesn't play very often.

ChicagoJ
08-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I wasn't saying it was a bad thing at all. In fact, I think the best thing the Pacers can do for Williams' development is to send him to the NBDL for a year and keep him away from Ricky C.

ChicagoJ
08-08-2006, 05:07 PM
I agree with you there. But you were suggesting that his lack of playing time would be because of Carlisle. But it isn't; Rick has no problem with playing rookies that are ready to play.

But for a big man in particular, and most rookies in general, the only way they're ever going to adjust to the NBA is playing time. And Ricky C.'s "win in the regular season" mentality means he won't invest enough playing time in a young player.

Since Peja decided to start his summer vacation a couple weeks early, we really needed Granger to be farther along than he was/ is. Same for David.

In 2004, it would've been nice to have Brezec "ready to play" in the playoffs.

The Pistons were furious that T. Prince couldn't get into the games over Michael Freaking Curry.

Granger, who should've been drafted much higher than he actually was, is the exception and not the rule. Ricky C. places too high a premium on winning regular season games and does not put anywhere near enough effort into developing his young players, getting confidence in them, and letting them grow confidence in himself.

Letting David Harrison play long enough each game that he actually fouls out would probably not have changed the Pacers' record last season. And it would've accelerated his development. Benching him after two fouls each half only compounded the problem and probably hampered David's confidence and development.

Kegboy
08-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I wasn't saying it was a bad thing at all. In fact, I think the best thing the Pacers can do for Williams' development is to send him to the NBDL for a year and keep him away from Ricky C.

Yep, but we could never diss a player like that. :rolleyes: