PDA

View Full Version : AD?

pacerDU
08-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey just wondering on people's thoughts on signing Antonio Davis? I know that the idea has been bounced around here before. I'm not sure what his situation is - if he's retiring or intends to keep playing, but I think he'd certainly help to solidify our frontcourt.

Yes he's what, 38, but I think he could give us about 2 more years of service. If the idea is to improve team chemistry he'd be a good addition in that Al used to live with him when he was a rookie (this all depends of course on whether we get Al). He'd be able to teach Harrison a few things, including body positioning and how to play aggressively and use your size without fouling. He'd also of course be able to provide (I think) a good 20 mins a night of tough D and rebounding

We need an enforcer type player and as much as I like the possiblities with Harrison, he's not quite there yet. I still want to see Harrison get a lot of minutes this year, but if he's having an off day, AD would be perfect to bring in.

What do you guys think? I'm sure he could be had for the bi-annual exception. Is he a free agent, or was he simply waived by the Knicks?

themachotaco
08-04-2006, 02:51 PM
If he would be willing to come here, how could anyone NOT want to sign him? Definitely a great chemistry guy and a good teacher. Could totally provide great back-up at the 4 or 5 as the third string guy. But would he want to get into this situation after seeing how bad the locker room has been? And does he still think he should be the primary back-up? (which it is a toss-up if he would be here or not... or even if we would want him to be?)

Kegboy
08-04-2006, 03:02 PM
how could anyone NOT want to sign him?

http://www.cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/1999/playoffs/news/1999/06/09/knicks_pacers/t1_knicks_ap_01.jpg

:mad:

ABADays
08-04-2006, 03:28 PM
His chemistry is X'd out by his wife.

Anthem
08-04-2006, 03:36 PM
How much are we talking here?

blanket
08-04-2006, 03:42 PM
I'd love to have him or Pollard as our 3rd center. I haven't seen any mention of him by other teams, though, so I imagine he's either retired or will wait to join a contender around the trade deadline.

CableKC
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Assuming that Harrington comes here......where would we fit any other Big Man?

We already have:

JONeal / Harrington / Foster / Harrison as the 1st 4 Big Men.

Anybody else that we sign....would be competing for minutes with Baston.

If AD, Pollard or anyone else that you guys would want to be signed...were to come to Pacer land....he has to be a cheapie Center.

I would take AD, Pollard, Kelvin Cato or ( even :-o ) the KandiMan....whichever can be had for the cheapest price. As a 5th to 6th Big Man off the bench.....they are good enough.

Mac_Daddy
08-04-2006, 04:50 PM
I would love to see him back. If the circumstances are right, it would be great.

pacerDU
08-04-2006, 06:41 PM
We already have:

JONeal / Harrington / Foster / Harrison as the 1st 4 Big Men.

Really, only two of those guys are centers and none of them are tough-as-nails, dirty work guys. Foster is an awesome rebounder, but he's not a bruiser. Harrison could be that, but he's not there yet and like I mentioned AD could help him with that.

I like Pollard but for what ever reason, Carlisle doesn't seem to want to play him. He could be that guy for us, but he needs to get on the court.

I'm thinking about AD not just because he can provide a bit of toughness (which this team sorely needs), but also could provide another boost to chemistry.

Eindar
08-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I'd hire AD just for the effect it might have on David Harrison.

Shade
08-04-2006, 07:54 PM
I was all for bringing back AD a year or so ago, but he really has no game left. I'll be surprised if he doesn't retire.

grace
08-05-2006, 12:20 AM
I'd love to have him or Pollard as our 3rd center.

Together they might be healthy enough for a 3rd center.