PDA

View Full Version : hoax

PacerFan31
08-04-2006, 01:42 PM
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...n_in.htmll

"By Sekou Smith.

August 4, 2006 09:26 AM | Link to this

Well, here we go again this time it’s offical. Harrington has Agreed to the 6 year $57 Million dollar contract with Indiana. They decided to give up $2.5 million in Cash and a 1st Rounder.

More details to come, but it’s finally over !"

WHOOOOOOOOOOO FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Jaydawg2270
08-04-2006, 01:43 PM
page not found?

PacerFan31
08-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Unfortunitly It looks like an imposter on Sekou's blog :(

Jaydawg2270
its still says page not found

Hicks
That's just a comment on his blog; anyone can sign on as Sekou Smith.

Watch...

PacerFan31
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
That's just a comment on his blog; anyone can sign on as Sekou Smith.

Watch...

Yep, your right Hicks, I got excited and jumped the gun, like usual :(

FrenchConnection
08-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Sekou is a professional journalist. I don't think that he would spell official wrong. That's what tipped me to the fact that it was a hoax. Well that and Billy Knight's comments that would seem to indicate that there is no way for Al to be become a Pacer and that this is all Al's fault.

Hicks
08-04-2006, 01:49 PM
OMG HE JUST POSTED AND SAID THE REPORT IS TRUE!!!!

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/08/02/another_turn_in.html#comment-593849

PacerFan31
Pacer Girl posted on there saying she heard it on WIBC?

Jay Ohh
I officially don't care anymore.

PacerFan31
08-04-2006, 01:50 PM

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/08/02/another_turn_in.html#comment-593849

and then I read the post.

rexnom
08-04-2006, 01:51 PM

Props, Hicks. Mad props.

Kegboy
08-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I would say I won't believe it until I see a picture of him in uniform, but even if Al hadn't already been here, we've seen that's easy to fake. I'd say I'll believe it when I see him playing on TV, but the things they can do with CGI nowadays, who knows. So, I'll say I'll believe it when I see it in person, but after that Phoenix game, it could be a long wait before that happens.

Jaydawg2270
08-04-2006, 01:54 PM

thats so wrong :(

kidthecat
08-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Great stuff.

mountain_jim
08-04-2006, 02:15 PM
latest hoax posts:

By Sekou Smith
August 4, 2006 01:51 PM | Link to this (http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/08/02/another_turn_in.html#comment-593849)
This is the real Sekou Smith checking in. The above report is absolutely true: Anyone CAN fake my name on this thing. See? Someoneís doing it right now. Hello, Pacers Digest! Donít believe the hype.

By Sekou Smith
August 4, 2006 02:02 PM | Link to this (http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/08/02/another_turn_in.html#comment-593874)
Two deals to be announced. Sign and trade of Al Harrington to Indiana. And Shaquille Oíneal to Atlanta for Marvin Williams, two future 1st round draft picks, a luxury suite for both Hawks and Thrashers games, use of Belkinís attorney, and future considerations.

Oh and hello from a Hawks fan of 30 years who has been auditing this board some during the Al saga and finally decided to jump on in.

Good luck to you folks!

mj

FrenchConnection
08-04-2006, 02:22 PM
latest hoax posts:

Oh and hello from a Hawks fan of 30 years who has been auditing this board some during the Al saga and finally decided to jump on in.

Good luck to you folks!

mj

You should have been here for the Artest saga. That one was epic!

Rinuven
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM

Bravo!:applaud:

Hicks
08-04-2006, 02:33 PM
It looks like the real Sekou may have finally posted:

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/08/02/another_turn_in.html#comment-593902

By Sekou Smith

August 4, 2006 02:11 PM | Link to this

I tell you what,I start this blog for everyone, and now people ruin it, by taking advantage.

I can’t comment on the deal that is currently nearing, look for tomorrow’s AJC special article on the Hawks, but probably nothing until Tuesday as far as firm details.

Looks like I will need to lock my name from being used or stop using the Blogs altogether.

By the way, it's amusing to me that someone feels so threatened by me that they have to make fun of me on an Atlanta newspaper's blog. I never realized I had such power over people.

kidthecat
08-04-2006, 02:37 PM
So wait, apparently a news station semi-confirmed the Al deal being finalized and Sekou has seconded that notion by the station?

Granville
08-04-2006, 02:41 PM
So wait, apparently a news station semi-confirmed the Al deal being finalized and Sekou has seconded that notion by the station?

Well if that was Sekou this time and not Hicks, I think he is referring to the "legitimate starting center" rumor for the Hawks and not the Harrington deal.

Pacers#1Fan
08-04-2006, 02:41 PM
By the way, it's amusing to me that someone feels so threatened by me that they have to make fun of me on an Atlanta newspaper's blog. I never realized I had such power over people.You have much power in the world of basketball Hicks. Everyone must bow down in honor of the PD God:king:

naptown
08-04-2006, 02:44 PM
What I find sad is that people have to go there and act like 6th graders to begin with. Sekou has been really cool and sharing some insight on his blog and a bunch of ignorant rednecks have to go and do that. Grow up.

Hicks
08-04-2006, 02:45 PM
You have much power in the world of basketball Hicks. Everyone must bow down in honor of the PD God:king:

What's sad is some people hate my guts because they think I actually believe that nonsense.

Hicks
08-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I've emailed Sekou about what's happening to his blog (in case that entry I quoted isn't him either), I'll let you know what I hear from him about it.

mountain_jim
08-04-2006, 02:55 PM
What I find sad is that people have to go there and act like 6th graders to begin with. Sekou has been really cool and sharing some insight on his blog and a bunch of ignorant rednecks have to go and do that. Grow up.

I agree with you, naptown. Sekou is about the best we get at the AJC, and some of you folks here trashing that blog up is pathetic.

I posted there pointing out some of the trash, particularly the reference to masturbation, apparently came from posters at this forum.

Thanks an f'ing lot guys. :(

kidthecat
08-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Probably not from someone here. This seems to be a respectable lot--definitely a few tiers above IndyStar.

rexnom
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
I agree with you, naptown. Sekou is about the best we get at the AJC, and some of you folks here trashing that blog up is pathetic.

I posted there pointing out some of the trash, particularly the reference to masturbation, apparently came from posters at this forum.

No...you misunderstand, once the hoax came out, one of us posted over there to show that it was a hoax. That's all the damage we've done. The whole reason we have this board is to be hoax and trash free...we were making a point...we've been through too much drama and too many sagas to have people messing with our minds like that.

mountain_jim
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
You are saying you don't think this came from posters here?

By Hicks
August 4, 2006 02:10 PM | Link to this (http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/08/02/another_turn_in.html#comment-593899)
I masturbate while watching Full House. Danny Tanner gets me so hot!

Frank Slade
08-04-2006, 03:02 PM

So where did you purchase your Jump to Conclusion Mat ? ;)

It would be advisable to ensure you have some solid information before assuming something of that nature in regards to this forum.

Hicks
08-04-2006, 03:02 PM

I doubt it's from MEMBERS of the forum; more likely readers who don't actually post. I did the Sekou one to prove a point (the one that says hi to Pacers Digest), but past that to my knowledge none of our regulars have touched it (or I'd be shocked if it were one of them).

DisplacedKnick
08-04-2006, 03:03 PM

More likely it came from someone at The Star who's been banned from here.

Obviously that's not certain but I could come up with a couple of candidates pretty easily.

Speed
08-04-2006, 03:05 PM

Ig....

rexnom
08-04-2006, 03:07 PM
I think someone saw the "hey Pacers Digest" (maybe even lurked here) and then posted as Hicks.

Kegboy
08-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I doubt it's from MEMBERS of the forum; more likely readers who don't actually post. I did the Sekou one to prove a point (the one that says hi to Pacers Digest), but past that to my knowledge none of our regulars have touched it (or I'd be shocked if it were one of them).

Uh huh. We all know you cooked the books on the Poster you Love to Hate noms.

:tinfoil:

mountain_jim
08-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Fair enough, I only went thru the 30 minute join process here just to provide an (intended) helpful correction to the misinfo about the Atlanta radio interview being with BK.

When I saw a trashy post referencing a user from here, I assumed the poster likely came from here, but I can understand that guests here could have also done it.

I do appreciate Sekou's info and would hate for him to quit communicating with us in that space - that's why I wish folks (from wherever they come from) would behave at that blog...

mj

Granville
08-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Fair enough, I only went thru the 30 minute join process here just to provide an (intended) helpful correction to the misinfo about the Atlanta radio interview being with BK.

When I saw a trashy post referencing a user from here, I assumed the poster likely came from here, but I can understand that guests here could have also done it.

I do appreciate Sekou's info and would hate for him to quit communicating with us in that space - that's why I wish folks (from wherever they come from) would behave at that blog...

mj

I can certainly see where you would jump to the conclusion you did, but I really don't think the posts were from here other than the one Hicks made. There is a forum on the Indianapolis Star site (referred to here as RATS) that this site broke from a few years back. They are more of a renegade group than you'll find here, and also a home for the people that get banned by Hicks here. It would not be unusual for them to do what was done.

Lord Helmet
08-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Wow. What's going on over there is sad.

PacerFan31
08-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Some idiots are ruining it for everyone :(

Speed
08-04-2006, 04:35 PM
I just got some spam email.....

WHO ON THIS BOARD SENT IT!?!?!? WHO!

Anthem
08-04-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm with Rimfire. I strongly doubt it was somebody here.

Man, that place is a mess. We should all refrain from posting anything there, at least until Sekou gets that sorted out.

Anthem
08-04-2006, 05:34 PM

Just so we're clear... it's not coming from us.

mountain_jim
08-04-2006, 06:43 PM
I understand. Sorry to be so quick to judge. My username is now what's getting trashed over there, but oh well... I just hope this Al thing really is about to be resolved so both franchises can move on with completing the offseason.
mj

Los Angeles
08-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks a lot GetOdom. Now go away. :mad:

Hicks
08-04-2006, 11:06 PM
For his sake, I hope THIS is an imposter (especially since they were posted AFTER his 3:15PM post here):

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/08/02/another_turn_in.html#comment-594182

By mountain_jim

August 4, 2006 03:31 PM | Link to this

God those peopel at Pacers Digest are annoying. Stupid trashy Indiana hicks. Theyre all a bunch of cornfed mothershuckers especially that bafooniac Hicks and 58 year old lesbian grace.

I have a few guesses as to who it could be if it is a fake, and regardless of who, they need to grow the hell up.

*keeps scanning the page*

Well, looky here...

By Chauncey

August 4, 2006 03:47 PM | Link to this

Someone pass the Kool-Aid

I think we have a winner. What an *removed*.

And reading further, it's clearly someone (Chauncey most likely) impersonating jim as well. He whines about PD, yet he has no conscience when it comes to acting like a spoiled teenager rebelling against daddy.

And if it's GetOdom (for all we know it's the same person), same difference. Hypocrites.

Anthem
08-05-2006, 12:22 AM
And if it's GetOdom (for all we know it's the same person), same difference. Hypocrites.
GetOdom's not the same guy as Chauncey. Chauncey can be a jerk when he's in a mood, but GetOdom was a moron as well.

On a blog like that, though, who cares?

Naptown_Seth
08-05-2006, 02:51 AM
I understand. Sorry to be so quick to judge. My username is now what's getting trashed over there, but oh well... I just hope this Al thing really is about to be resolved so both franchises can move on with completing the offseason.
mj
Don't sweat it. That was the point by whomever did it, to confuse readers and make it look like it was coming from here, just as he also tried to make it look like you and some other Hawks bloggers were stepping in.

He even threw out Pacers Girl, etc to add legitimacy to the BS about hearing it on Indy radio.

The problem with the net is that it allows 12 year olds to take the prank phone call to a whole new level. Or people that wish they were still 12.

As for Sekou, it sucks that the Star lost him to the AJC just as he was starting to dial it in. I really like his writing and his openess with his blog has been great. And then someone got PO'd or bored and had to ruin that, and then got PO'd at Hicks for calling out the hoax and proving it.

DisplacedKnick
08-05-2006, 08:15 AM
For his sake, I hope THIS is an imposter (especially since they were posted AFTER his 3:15PM post here):

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/08/02/another_turn_in.html#comment-594182

I have a few guesses as to who it could be if it is a fake, and regardless of who, they need to grow the hell up.

Well, looky here...

And reading further, it's clearly someone (Chauncey most likely) impersonating jim as well. He whines about PD, yet he has no conscience when it comes to acting like a spoiled teenager rebelling against daddy.

I'd think by now that it's pretty obvious that anyone whose real name is posted there very likely isn't the troll.

I can think of several people who would be candidates - but unless someone can glean IP addresses it's pretty much a matter of lining their names up on a wall and throwing a dart at it.

mountain_jim
08-05-2006, 08:50 AM

Well, looky here...

As you have figured out, I did not post the above slams on you guys - I am a 51 year old Hawks fan of over 30 years, not an 12 year old mentality troll trashing other's usernames and blogs for fun.

Someone needs to grow up a little.

Hicks
08-05-2006, 05:43 PM
I agree mountain_jim and I'm sorry you got dragged into this.

VF21
08-05-2006, 09:00 PM
I'd like to suggest moving this out of the main Pacers forum so that people who might read the first couple of posts don't go ballastic and do something else silly before they read this all the way through...