PDA

View Full Version : Dale Davis arrested in Miami

Hicks
08-02-2006, 06:26 PM
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/9617371/detail.html

Elliot Lydel?

ajbry
08-02-2006, 06:34 PM
All he did was swear at some security guards? Lame.

Robertmto
08-02-2006, 06:40 PM
POWER (hungry) SURGGGGGGGGE! [/Mike O'Malley]

Shade
08-02-2006, 07:02 PM
:confused:

Why would Elliott (snicker) just shout obscenities for no reason? And who did he assault?

haloguy
08-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Yo dale davis is da man
just like ricky williams

Peck
08-02-2006, 07:26 PM
My guess is that if Dale would have assulted one of the security guards they would know they had been assulted.:)

Typical Piston.;)

On second thought....

He's verbally abusive, accused of assulte.....hell this sounds like a perfect Pacer over the last couple of years to me.:)

aero
08-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Elliot Lydel Davis haha didnt know that was his full name :o

317Kim
08-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Elliot Lydel Davis haha didnt know that was his full name :o

Me neither! :grinno:

It didn't seem like he did much though. Eh, he is The Enforcer.

aero
08-02-2006, 08:17 PM
reading his full name shocked me more then reading he was arrested lol

RWB
08-02-2006, 08:17 PM
If I were to guess I think Dale needs to learn, when they say the bar/club closes at 2am, they mean 2am.

Young
08-02-2006, 08:30 PM
That's ****ed up and stupid IMO. I mean come on, you arrest someone for yelling? Granted I wasn't there and there isn't much to know I think it is stupid based on what I know.

BigMac
08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
This is the crap that ties up our legal system and thus has a direct impact on overcrowdingin jails. Why would you be arrested for this? Assault? Then every time someone yells a profanity at me when I'm driving is guilty of assault.

But I think the thing I noticed most was his name. I am ashamed to say that I have been a big Dale Davis fan (until he signed with the enemy to do nothing but sit on the bench) and did not know this. Wow. What a name. Elliott Lydel Davis? And how do you get Dale from Lydel? Suddenly he's not so intimidating.

MagicRat
08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
And how do you get Dale from Lydel?

Maybe in Georgia it's pronounced Ly-dale..............:whoknows:

Shade
08-02-2006, 09:16 PM
It's kind of funny that, considering how long DD was a fixture here, we never knew his real name until now. He's like the Cosmo Kramer of the NBA.

SoupIsGood
08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I wonder if Peck knew his real name...?

Shade
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
A Pistons fan on RATS said that Elliott (lol) had to be tazered to be subdued. :eek:

Shade
08-02-2006, 09:51 PM
There's only one thing I think of whenever I hear the name "Elliott"...

Hmm...Elliott and Tayshaun... :chuckle:

MarionDeputy
08-02-2006, 09:55 PM
This is the crap that ties up our legal system and thus has a direct impact on overcrowdingin jails. Why would you be arrested for this? Assault? Then every time someone yells a profanity at me when I'm driving is guilty of assault.

But I think the thing I noticed most was his name. I am ashamed to say that I have been a big Dale Davis fan (until he signed with the enemy to do nothing but sit on the bench) and did not know this. Wow. What a name. Elliott Lydel Davis? And how do you get Dale from Lydel? Suddenly he's not so intimidating.

I doubt he was arrested for yelling at security, I would bet that some sort of altercation occurred. Just a guess, the article is pretty unclear as to what actually happened....

Hicks
08-02-2006, 10:11 PM
There's only one thing I think of whenever I hear the name "Elliott"...

Hmm...Elliott and Tayshaun... :chuckle:

It would be 10x better if you swapped out Prince and put in the picture of Cassell with the towel wrapped around his head.

Peck
08-02-2006, 10:32 PM
I wonder if Peck knew his real name...?

Well, yes I did.

I guess I just thought everybody knew that.:dunno:

Anyway I'll say this, without reading anything other than what was written on here.

I know lots & lots of Police officers & I can tell you that almost none would arrest a man for assault for yelling. My guess is that Dale did something much worse.

If he broke the law then he should be punished, period.

Anthem
08-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Anyway I'll say this, without reading anything other than what was written on here.

I know lots & lots of Police officers & I can tell you that almost none would arrest a man for assault for yelling. My guess is that Dale did something much worse.

If he broke the law then he should be punished, period.
That's true.

But if it was 2 in the morning, in a dark pub, and Dale Davis turned walked towards me while yelling at me, I'd probably wet myself.

Shade
08-02-2006, 10:38 PM
It would be 10x better if you swapped out Prince and put in the picture of Cassell with the towel wrapped around his head.

I didn't find the best pic, but...

SoupIsGood
08-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, yes I did.

I guess I just thought everybody knew that.:dunno:

Props - a true Elliott fan. :D

Naptown_Seth
08-02-2006, 10:59 PM
As was mentioned already, at RATS a Detroit fan heard on the radio that he got the Kandi tazer treatment. So he must have been more than a little belligerent.

Also someone at RATS mentioned that Dale had actually had some trouble a long time ago. I don't recall that, does anyone here remember some other legal issue for him?

Anthem
08-03-2006, 12:19 AM
As was mentioned already, at RATS a Detroit fan heard on the radio that he got the Kandi tazer treatment. So he must have been more than a little belligerent.

Also someone at RATS mentioned that Dale had actually had some trouble a long time ago. I don't recall that, does anyone here remember some other legal issue for him?
It involved Reggie Miller and a strip club in Atlanta.

Personally, I don't find Reggie sexy. But Dale's gotta do what he's gotta do.

grace
08-03-2006, 12:20 AM
I knew his real name wasn't Dale, but if you asked me what it was I don't know that I would have remembered it was Elliot.

As for him getting arrested I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened before now.

Naptown_Seth
08-03-2006, 02:43 AM
It involved Reggie Miller and a strip club in Atlanta.

Personally, I don't find Reggie sexy. But Dale's gotta do what he's gotta do.
No, that was Tony. The big deal was his good guy image and relationship with his wife. He'd just been the "big brother" to Al even.

And the guy was talking about a wreckless driving or something like that anyway. I'll have to go look.

Actually DD got in trouble many years ago for flashing a handgun at another motorist. He was given community service.

RWB
08-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Just for your info and going by Indiana Law

IC 35-45-1-3 Disorderly Conduct

A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally:
(1) engages in fighting or in tumultuous conduct;
(2) makes unreasonable noise and continues to do so after being asked to stop; or (3) disrupts a lawful assembly of persons; commits disorderly conduct, a Class B misdemeanor.

IC 35-42-2-1 Battery

A person who knowingly or intentionally touches another person in a rude, insolent, or angy manner commits battery, a Class B misdemeanor.

McClintic Sphere
08-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Stern will probably fine the Pacers for this and send Detroit a copy of behavior guidelines.

BigMac
08-03-2006, 02:05 PM
....Also someone at RATS mentioned that Dale had actually had some trouble a long time ago. I don't recall that, does anyone here remember some other legal issue for him?

If I recall correctly he got into a scuffle with Hotel security in Orlando when the Pacers were down there for training camp. There also was something to do with marijuana and he "supposedly was not involved". That is my recollection. Please correct me if you remember better or can research it.

Shade
08-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Btw, RealGM confirmed that Elliott (LOL) had to be tasered.

Doug
08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Elliott Lydel Davis? Suddenly he's not so intimidating.

Dale could change his name to Buttercup Sunshine Bunnyrabbit and still be just as intimidating...

Slick Pinkham
08-03-2006, 02:38 PM
more details from Detroit Daily News:

Davis arrested in Miami Beach

Reserve center, 37, is in an altercation with police at a hotel and is charged with four misdemeanors.

Joanne C. Gerstner / The Detroit News

Pistons reserve center Dale Davis was arrested early Tuesday morning in Miami Beach, Fla., after an altercation with police that ended with a Taser shot.

Davis has been charged with four misdemeanors: disorderly conduct, resisting arrest without violence, assault and assault of a law enforcement officer.

Each count carries a maximum of six months in jail and a $500 fine.

According to the police report, Davis, 37, threatened officers and had to be subdued by a Taser to be arrested. The Taser burst left small puncture marks on his chest and abdomen, according to police.

Davis' agent, Chubby Wells, said they are looking into their legal options against the Miami Beach police department.

"We're talking to attorneys right now," Wells said Wednesday.

"It's Dale's name on the line, and all I can say is that things did not go down the way they say it did."

The Pistons also are aware of the arrest.

"We are not going to comment publicly on this until we get all the information," Pistons representative Kevin Grigg said.

According to the police report, Davis allegedly caused a disturbance and assaulted someone at the South Beach Marriott.

Hotel security called police, and the officers confronted Davis in the lobby.

The police report did not say Davis was intoxicated or otherwise impaired.

Davis allegedly refused police orders to produce identification. A friend who was with Davis calmed him and got him to produce the ID.

Miami Beach police representative Bobby Hernandez said the incident could have ended there, without the arrest, if Davis had been cooperative.

"Once you threaten police, it's over," Hernandez said Wednesday night. "You can't go there."

The police and Davis proceeded outside, where Davis allegedly began to shout a profanity and accuse the police of targeting him because of his race. Things escalated when Davis allegedly put his hands in his pockets, a move police saw as a threat. They demanded he show his hands.

Davis responded: "I don't have a gun! Are you going to shoot me?"

He eventually removed his hands but then balled up his fists, as if ready for a fight, and walked threateningly toward officers, according to the report.

Davis was ordered to stop, or the police would use the Taser -- a device that shoots two probes, up to 30 feet, to deliver an electrical charge. The quick burst of electricity temporarily immobilizes the victim.

Davis ignored repeated orders to stop moving toward officers with his fists clinched, the report said. The police shot Davis with the Taser. He fell and was subdued for the arrest. Police said he was cooperative in custody.

Davis now will be subpoenaed for arraignment.

Hernandez said it is common for these types of cases to end in a pretrial diversion agreement, allowing a person to perform anger management or community service.

If Davis takes a diversion agreement, the charges will not appear on his record.

Davis isn't the only athlete recently arrested in Miami Beach.

Guard Gilbert Arenas and forward Awvee Storey of the Washington Wizards and former Ohio State receiver Santonio Holmes, now a rookie with the Pittsburgh Steelers, were arrested in May after run-ins with the police.

You can reach Joanne C. Gerstner at (313) 223-4644 or joanne.gerstner@detnews.com.

grace
08-04-2006, 12:43 AM
You know the only what things like this are going to stop is when Shaq retires from basketball and becomes a beat cop on South Beach.

Lord Helmet
08-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Elliot had to use the race card.....

Peck
08-04-2006, 01:12 AM
more details from Detroit Daily News:

Davis arrested in Miami Beach

Reserve center, 37, is in an altercation with police at a hotel and is charged with four misdemeanors.

Joanne C. Gerstner / The Detroit News

Pistons reserve center Dale Davis was arrested early Tuesday morning in Miami Beach, Fla., after an altercation with police that ended with a Taser shot.

Davis has been charged with four misdemeanors: disorderly conduct, resisting arrest without violence, assault and assault of a law enforcement officer.

Each count carries a maximum of six months in jail and a $500 fine.

According to the police report, Davis, 37, threatened officers and had to be subdued by a Taser to be arrested. The Taser burst left small puncture marks on his chest and abdomen, according to police.

Davis' agent, Chubby Wells, said they are looking into their legal options against the Miami Beach police department.

"We're talking to attorneys right now," Wells said Wednesday.

"It's Dale's name on the line, and all I can say is that things did not go down the way they say it did."

The Pistons also are aware of the arrest.

"We are not going to comment publicly on this until we get all the information," Pistons representative Kevin Grigg said.

According to the police report, Davis allegedly caused a disturbance and assaulted someone at the South Beach Marriott.

Hotel security called police, and the officers confronted Davis in the lobby.

The police report did not say Davis was intoxicated or otherwise impaired.

Davis allegedly refused police orders to produce identification. A friend who was with Davis calmed him and got him to produce the ID.

Miami Beach police representative Bobby Hernandez said the incident could have ended there, without the arrest, if Davis had been cooperative.

"Once you threaten police, it's over," Hernandez said Wednesday night. "You can't go there."

The police and Davis proceeded outside, where Davis allegedly began to shout a profanity and accuse the police of targeting him because of his race. Things escalated when Davis allegedly put his hands in his pockets, a move police saw as a threat. They demanded he show his hands.

Davis responded: "I don't have a gun! Are you going to shoot me?"

He eventually removed his hands but then balled up his fists, as if ready for a fight, and walked threateningly toward officers, according to the report.

Davis was ordered to stop, or the police would use the Taser -- a device that shoots two probes, up to 30 feet, to deliver an electrical charge. The quick burst of electricity temporarily immobilizes the victim.

Davis ignored repeated orders to stop moving toward officers with his fists clinched, the report said. The police shot Davis with the Taser. He fell and was subdued for the arrest. Police said he was cooperative in custody.

Davis now will be subpoenaed for arraignment.

Hernandez said it is common for these types of cases to end in a pretrial diversion agreement, allowing a person to perform anger management or community service.

If Davis takes a diversion agreement, the charges will not appear on his record.

Davis isn't the only athlete recently arrested in Miami Beach.

Guard Gilbert Arenas and forward Awvee Storey of the Washington Wizards and former Ohio State receiver Santonio Holmes, now a rookie with the Pittsburgh Steelers, were arrested in May after run-ins with the police.

You can reach Joanne C. Gerstner at (313) 223-4644 or joanne.gerstner@detnews.com.

This part may need to be moved over to the political forum but I have a question for Scott or any other scholar of the law.

I'm not defending Dale at all, so please let's just get that out of here right now. He balled up his fist at the officers and went at them he's lucky he just got tazed. So my question has nothing to do with that action.

Here is my question though. I thought the supreme court ruled 2-3 years ago that a citizen could not be forced to produce an I.D. when not driving or operating something on a public thorofare.

Or did I remember that wrong?

Bball
08-04-2006, 01:26 AM

Dale's atty will argue that if it could've ended there, it should've ended there and turn it back around on the police and accuse them of escalating the situation.

The police spokesman could regret making that comment.

-Bball

Brian
08-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Dale could change his name to Buttercup Sunshine Bunnyrabbit and still be just as intimidating...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Kegboy
08-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Isn't it sad that this happened Tuesday and the Star is finally reporting it today? I know in Indiana we're 20 years behind the times, but does our newspaper really need to wait for someone else to print an AP story before they can repeat it the next day?

McClintic Sphere
08-04-2006, 01:26 PM
local journalism died the day Gannett took over the Star.

I hear the Recorder is still good, though.

Kegboy
08-04-2006, 01:58 PM
local journalism died the day Gannett took over the Star.

I hear the Recorder is still good, though.

The Noblesville Ledger used to be decent, until the Star bought them.

vapacersfan
08-04-2006, 06:01 PM

That's ****ed up and stupid IMO. I mean come on, you arrest someone for yelling? Granted I wasn't there and there isn't much to know I think it is stupid based on what I know.

POWER (hungry) SURGGGGGGGGE! [/Mike O'Malley]

All he did was swear at some security guards? Lame.

Once again people rush to jump to a conclusion (and before anyone starts to get all defensive some of you went as far as to say we dont know the whole story yet) and even make the comment that the LEO were power hungry, yet when we actually wait to let the whole story develop we get quite a different story.

Its amazing what happens when we dont rush to a conclusion and wait for all of the facts to develop.

vapacersfan
08-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Dale's atty will argue that if it could've ended there, it should've ended there and turn it back around on the police and accuse them of escalating the situation.

The police spokesman could regret making that comment.

-Bball

I see no reason why he would regret that.

No matter who PO's Dale was at the security, when you place your hands in your pocket (I have had this discussion before, but that is about the scariest thing that can happen to me, not knowing what is in your pocket) and then when you ball your fists up.

You can argue the police didnt treat him fair, but if I had a quarter for everytime I heard that complaint I wouldnt have to work

Bball
08-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I see no reason why he would regret that.

Because according to the version of the story we are getting here, the escalation happened after the point that the official said it could've ended right there. So now Dale's atty will try and make hay on why it didn't end there.

IF it really could've ended right there then a "Settle down... You're free to go" would've defused a lot of the problems that then ensued. ...Let alone what a a "Sorry for the trouble... You're free to go" would've done.

I'm not convinced that the officers at the scene would've agreed with the assessment that it 'could've ended there' tho.

But all that said... it would seem Dale could've handled things better on his part to begin with so I am not condoning his actions. ...Just playing Devil's advocate here and would also like to point out that, while we've now heard 'more' of the story, it's still only one side of the story.

-Bball

JayRedd
08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I just think it's amazing that Reggie's personal bodyguards against the likes of Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley were two guys name Elliot and Antonio.

vapacersfan
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Because according to the version of the story we are getting here, the escalation happened after the point that the official said it could've ended right there. So now Dale's atty will try and make hay on why it didn't end there.

IF it really could've ended right there then a "Settle down... You're free to go" would've defused a lot of the problems that then ensued. ...Let alone what a a "Sorry for the trouble... You're free to go" would've done.

I'm not convinced that the officers at the scene would've agreed with the assessment that it 'could've ended there' tho.

But all that said... it would seem Dale could've handled things better on his part to begin with so I am not condoning his actions. ...Just playing Devil's advocate here and would also like to point out that, while we've now heard 'more' of the story, it's still only one side of the story.

-Bball

There are always two sides to a story, and like anything in life "reality" lies somewhere in between.

Bball
08-04-2006, 11:57 PM
There are always two sides to a story, and like anything in life "reality" lies somewhere in between.

Actually.. it's 3 sides...
His side...
Their side...
The truth.

-Bball

MarionDeputy
08-05-2006, 12:01 AM
This part may need to be moved over to the political forum but I have a question for Scott or any other scholar of the law.

I'm not defending Dale at all, so please let's just get that out of here right now. He balled up his fist at the officers and went at them he's lucky he just got tazed. So my question has nothing to do with that action.

Here is my question though. I thought the supreme court ruled 2-3 years ago that a citizen could not be forced to produce an I.D. when not driving or operating something on a public thorofare.

Or did I remember that wrong?

Your correct. If your stopped in a motor vehicle for an infraction (speeding,etc.) and you refuse to identify yourself you can be arrested. This is because most states have a law that says when operating a vehicle you must idenitfy yourself. However in just a general conversation outside a vehicle, a police officer can't make you produce ID.

However (This is where it gets tricky) if the police are conducting a lawful investigation you are required to identify yourself. Failure to do so would not lead to your arrest however you could be detained long enough for your fingerprints to be taken and your identification verified. The grayness of the law is the definition of an "investigation" but in this specific case it appears the police officers were called there to investigate an altercation. Maybe Dale did want his real name getting out :laugh: . It also just in my mind makes it sound that the police were attempting to leave when Dale came out yelling at them, sticking your hands in your pants pockets when dealing with the police is always a bad idea. Officers are trained and trained and trained to recognize this a potentially dangerous action. Once he balled his fist ups and ignored the orders to stop advancing, he wrote his own ticket to ride the Taser. It only lasts 5 seconds, but it's quite a ride......

grace
08-05-2006, 12:12 AM
The Noblesville Ledger used to be decent, until the Star bought them.

Define decent.

Peck
08-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Your correct. If your stopped in a motor vehicle for an infraction (speeding,etc.) and you refuse to identify yourself you can be arrested. This is because most states have a law that says when operating a vehicle you must idenitfy yourself. However in just a general conversation outside a vehicle, a police officer can't make you produce ID.

However (This is where it gets tricky) if the police are conducting a lawful investigation you are required to identify yourself. Failure to do so would not lead to your arrest however you could be detained long enough for your fingerprints to be taken and your identification verified. The grayness of the law is the definition of an "investigation" but in this specific case it appears the police officers were called there to investigate an altercation. Maybe Dale did want his real name getting out :laugh: . It also just in my mind makes it sound that the police were attempting to leave when Dale came out yelling at them, sticking your hands in your pants pockets when dealing with the police is always a bad idea. Officers are trained and trained and trained to recognize this a potentially dangerous action. Once he balled his fist ups and ignored the orders to stop advancing, he wrote his own ticket to ride the Taser. It only lasts 5 seconds, but it's quite a ride......

On a side note I teach local LEA's, EMS & Fire how to remove the prongs from Tazers & I often look for video of people getting tazed to show guys in the EMS field what kind of injuries can come from this action.

I came across one from New Orleans (prior to Katrina) where a very large man (I'm guessing 350 lbs) took 5 tazer shots & multiple pepper blasts to the face without going down. I've never seen anyone take one tazer shot & not go down. The funny thing is the guy was reported to be sober & without any substance in his system. Ultimately they went to the baton's & finally took him down that way.

microwave_oven
08-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Dale Davis May Sue Over Arrest, Taser Use

4th August, 2006 - 5:28 pm

Sports Illustrated - Detroit Pistons center Dale Davis was charged with assault and disorderly conduct in an altercation with police that saw him shocked with a stun gun, but the Associated Press is reporting that Chubby Wells, Davis' agent, said he plans to sue over police treatment.

Davis was arrested Tuesday at a Miami Beach hotel and was accused of threatening security guards and police and leveling profanities at them, a police report said.

Police were called to the hotel by the security workers and officers repeatedly asked Davis to leave, but he refused, the report said.

After giving officers his identification, Davis and the officers went outside, where the 6-foot-11 player accused the officers of targeting him because he is black, the report said.

Police said they asked Davis to remove his hands from his pockets for officer safety, and Davis complied after asking officers if they were going to shoot him.

Davis pulled out money, three cellular phones and credit cards, report said. He put the items back in his pockets and said he'd beat up the officers if they took off their badges and got rid of their guns, the report said.

The report said Davis then balled his fists and began walking toward officers in an aggressive manner, and he was warned that he would be hit with a Taser if he continued, police said.

He didn't stop, so an officer zapped Davis in the chest with the Taser, and he fell to the ground. He was taken into custody and charged with assault, assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence, the report said.

However, Wells said he was planning to file a lawsuit against Miami Beach police for their treatment of the player.

"It was so ridiculous, it's unbelievable," he said. "We're going to take a stand."

RealGM (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41800/20060804/dale_davis_may_sue_over_arrest_taser_use/)

Ron who?
08-05-2006, 03:09 AM
reading his full name shocked me more then reading he was arrested lol

same lol

Kegboy
08-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Define decent.

Better than anything else between Indianapolis and Kokomo.

Kegboy
08-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Davis was arrested Tuesday at a Miami Beach hotel and was accused of threatening security guards and police and leveling profanities at them, a police report said.

Okay, my first thought was, "You can be arrested for profanity"?

He was taken into custody and charged with assault, assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence, the report said.

Not to reprise the Lincoln/Douglas-esque debates from the brawl about what constitutes assault, but :huh:.

Bball
08-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Not to reprise the Lincoln/Douglas-esque debates from the brawl about what constitutes assault, but :huh:.

For anyone confused-

"Assault' in legal terms is the same as saying he threatened them. It does not mean he touched them in any way... that would be 'battery'.

Saying "I'm gonna kick your ***" is assault (as long as it is a reasonable threat.... A granny confined in a wheelchair would be hard to convict of assault if she threatened to kick the butt of a 6-5 30 year old male. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the person could back up their threat).

Kicking someone's *** is 'battery'. That's physical contact. Even a push would be deemed as 'battery'.

People tend to confuse the terms in everyday use but legally they are very specific. Dale didn't touch anyone or he would be charged with battery or assault and battery (if the law if Fl allows both).

-Bball

Naptown_Seth
08-05-2006, 07:14 PM
BBall, I agree with you that the point at which Dale left the hotel is where the lawyer will attack them. They were called because he wouldn't leave. He then did leave but in the process ripped into them because he was obviously mad about how/why he was forced to leave.

It would help to know a little more about why he was being asked to leave in the first place. For example, if the staff said "we don't serve your kind in here" that's going to look pretty bad and would justify Dale's anger and some of his comments.

On the other hand if he was drunk or otherwise unjustified in his original anger then there should be less tolerance of his attitude at any point.

If things were resolved enough that he did leave, which is why security called police it appears, then it is inappropriate for them to keep jawing with him. He's out, everyone's happy, let him go cool off on his own rather than continuing to engage with him in any argument.

As everyone says, two sides and its hard to know these things, but that seems to be the only point where police actions seem iffy. Once he hit his pockets and then balled his fists it was over.

But did he go into his pockets as he walked away just to make sure he hadn't dropped something earlier when asked to show ID? Was he getting one of his THREE :rolleyes: phones out to call someone when essentially the official interaction between himself and the police should have been over. It sounds like all the official business was done before they left and that the yelling outside was extracurricular.

Whom I kidding, this gets settled out of court and we never hear about it again. We will likely never know what happened actually.