PDA

View Full Version : Mark Montieth on WNDE 1260 in a few minutes

Frank Slade
08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Mark Montieth on WNDE 1260 (http://www.wnde.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes)in a few minutes..

If you feel like listening :kickcan:

Young
08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
thanks for the heads up.

Young
08-02-2006, 04:12 PM
MM says that it will just delay the process but ultimently it won't effect the situation to much. It won't have a negative impact and it could actually help the deal get done.

Young
08-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Snap Hunter will not likely be on the roster next season.

Pacers seemed intrigued by Marshall and Powell.

After Al there is a good chance that other moves will be made.

This could be a year that the Pacers actively look to trade all the way up to the trade deadline.

The Pacers did have interest in Maglorie but had concerns about how he would fit in with the new style of play and they had fears of Peja part 2 because he only has 1 year left on his contract.

What is the love fest with Baston? He is not expect to start or turn the team around but he is the 9th-10th man that is a shot blocker, runs the floor, etc. Experience and athletisim is what he brings.

No insight on Tinsley's off season workouts but he has reported to training camp in good shape the past few years, his problem is that he doesn't rehab his injuries properly.

JO has showed up in the fieldhouse almost everyday and he has worked with the Pacers training staff almost everyday and that is something he has not done a lot in the past.

Unclebuck
08-02-2006, 04:23 PM
MM does not really agree with with Kravitz. Funny

blanket
08-02-2006, 04:28 PM
so he thinks we're still getting Al?

Frank Slade
08-02-2006, 04:30 PM
And thanks for the play by play rommie

Night and Day those two.
I believe Kravitz is really Walsh's evil side of his conscience,
and Montieth is his Angelic side.

JO has showed up in the fieldhouse almost everyday and he has worked with the Pacers training staff almost everyday and that is something he has not done a lot in the past

I could be mistaken but I believe Montieth was still talking about Tinsley on this

Kegboy
08-02-2006, 04:31 PM
No insight on Tinsley's off season workouts but he has reported to training camp in good shape the past few years, his problem is that he doesn't rehab his injuries properly.

Well, at least one time his foot thing was misdiagnosed and hence the regimen he was given didn't help at all, may have even made it worse. Seem to remember he was pretty pissed about that.

LG33
08-02-2006, 05:50 PM
like i said before, we NEED to trade Stephen Jackson for a better trainer

Hicks
08-02-2006, 06:01 PM
like i said before, we NEED to trade Stephen Jackson for a better trainer

If I could trade Jack for Arnie Kander I'd drive him to the airport.

blanket
08-02-2006, 06:07 PM
If I could trade Jack for Arnie Kander I'd drive him to the airport.

Then Jack can turn to you and say, "we ride together."

:D

waxman
08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Pacers seemed intrigued by Marshall and Powell.

I don't know much about Powell.... but i think Marshall will make the roster. He's got a ton of talent.

rexnom
08-02-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't know much about Powell.... but i think Marshall will make the roster. He's got a ton of talent.
I remember hearing Powell filling in last year when KvH went down and doing a great job. I kept thinking "geez...how lucky can the Mavs get with rooks."

SoupIsGood
08-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Good.... Rawle and Josh kinda intrigue me too. I think at least one of them will turn into a decent bench player.

CableKC
08-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Then Jack can turn to you and say, "we ride together."

I nominate this as "Funniest Post of the Day". :applaud:

Destined4Greatness
08-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Powell probably has the better chance simply because he can play PF.

And by them saying they may actively look to trade guys up to the deadline I take to mean going down hurt for long stints(Looks at Jamaal then JO) You are out of here. If JO and Tins both go down with another injury I think even with their reduced value we could get a PG, Pick, and Expiring deals for them.

Foster may also want to be concerned about his injury proneness.

Because lets be frank alot of our problems have stemmed from guys not staying healthy and us starting guys like Marcus Haislip.

Destined4Greatness
08-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I nominate this as "Funniest Post of the Day". :applaud:

Doesn't anybody else find it weird that our healthiest player is the one getting nominated for this "Honor"

CableKC
08-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Doesn't anybody else find it weird that our healthiest player is the one getting nominated for this "Honor"

No....I wasn't implying anything about SJax......I was saying that the post itself was funny...cuz Hicks offered to take SJax to the airport and SJax could easily say...."We ride together"....cuz he said it in the past...see...it was a joke.....:laugh: ...nm.:rolleyes:

Destined4Greatness
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
No I get it, Just the thing itself is weird, theirs got to be a word for it. Its not ironic. Giving up your only healthy player for a trainer its almost a contradiction.

DisplacedKnick
08-02-2006, 07:42 PM

How do you rehab your sinuses?

Maybe Kaufman knows.

ABADays
08-02-2006, 07:48 PM
No I get it, Just the thing itself is weird, theirs got to be a word for it. Its not ironic. Giving up your only healthy player for a trainer its almost a contradiction.

Not if it keeps other players healthy.

vapacersfan
08-02-2006, 07:49 PM

Its not weird at all. I dont care how healthy you are, there is something to be said for a player who has a high IQ and who doesnt refuse to get back on defense because he is ******ing at the refs. His attitude is what has been his biggest problem, and if/when he gets traded it will be that, and that alone that will be the reason why he is gone.

CableKC
08-02-2006, 07:51 PM

I know...its just ironic that we would even suggest that...but its a joke....no harm...no foul. :buddies:

BTW....who is this Arnie Kander guy anyway?

Is he less a trainer....but more of a healer...as in with mystical powers and stuff.....you know....like a +4 healer....then I may go for that. :laugh:

Destined4Greatness
08-02-2006, 07:54 PM
If his attitude is the problem then JO and JT will either be gone already or be getting shipped out. Because Jamaal and his Playground antics are horrible. And Attitude reflects leadership, Jack sees JO whining about the refs an entire playoff series it doesn't exactly set the best example.

And lets face it, JO and JT are both more important pieces and with that comes more responsibility and a higher standard.

LG33
08-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Destined4Greatness = Stephen Jackson?!?!

Here's a news story from Mobile, Alabama that Stephen Jackson makes a brief appearance in...see if you can figure out which one I'm talking about:

http://gorillamask.net/lep.shtml

CableKC
08-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Destined4Greatness = Stephen Jackson?!?!

Here's a news story from Mobile, Alabama that Stephen Jackson makes a brief appearance in...see if you can figure out which one I'm talking about:

http://gorillamask.net/lep.shtml

WTH was that? Aiya-D...back on topic please.

I'm more concerned about Tellum and his penchant for making his clients happy. I'm also wondering what leads MM to think that we will still end up with Harrington.

Bball
08-02-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm also wondering what leads MM to think that we will still end up with Harrington.

MM only wants the Pacer fans thinking happy thoughts. He's the :bunny: afterall.

-BBall

PacerFan31
08-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm glad that Mark says that Al is still headed here.

Bascially the same thing that some of us have been saying, the new agent will help it get done.

Naptown_Seth
08-02-2006, 11:06 PM
That's what happens when one guy is intelligent, thoughtful, observant and spends a lot of time researching and studying the team, and the other just throws out whatever stupid jerk thing that comes to him over a bowl of Fruit Loops.

I have already mentioned why I think Arn moves things along, though I have discussed it more at RATS. The deal was done, Al was happy enough, so Arn isn't coming in to get him more money, especially not when you consider he's JO's agent too. I totally agree with MM on this one.

Arn is just coming in to say "enough's enough, either you move him to Indy now or you SnT him for players so we can get more money, otherwise you get nothing now and I remember how this deal went next time around..." At least IMHO.

I pretty much agree with all of MM's comments, but then I always do. When I listen to Mark or Bruno it sounds like someone who actually watches the team all the time and closely, rather than a knee-jerk cursory view of things.

BTW, Sekou Smith basically agreed that the deal will go forward as planned in his blog. Just wait a couple of weeks.

Steve McQueen
08-02-2006, 11:08 PM
A couple of weeks is fine with me. I'll just be glad when its over with and we can start speculating about the next rumor that comes along.

Naptown_Seth
08-02-2006, 11:17 PM
No, that's irony, at least somewhat.

Moreso if in making a move to get healthier you actually made the team less healthy. So if the new trainer didn't help and then the one guy who was healthy (and remained so at his new team) is the one you used to get the trainer, then you have irony.

Irony is not needing a spoon but only having a knife. That's just :censored: luck. ;)

MagicRat
08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Montieth was on ESPN 950 during my drive home this evening. I only caught the tail end of it, but did hear something that will be sure to warm Bball's heart.

MM said he knows that many fans are upset that Jamaal and Stephen haven't been traded, but doesn't think they will be in any hurry to do so. The Pacers know they weren't popular with fans, but think both players can be "rehabbed." Made some mention that they're doing some things with Jamaal physically to help him be more injury-free and basically talking to Stephen, because this past year has been the only one where he has had any sort of trouble.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here somewhere and I missed it, but they also discussed that there's going to be a pre-season game in JO's hometown of Columbia, SC. They'll also play in Cincinnati during the pre-season.

Frank Slade
08-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Montieth was on ESPN 950 during my drive home this evening. I only caught the tail end of it, but did hear something that will be sure to warm Bball's heart.

MM said he knows that many fans are upset that Jamaal and Stephen haven't been traded, but doesn't think they will be in any hurry to do so. The Pacers know they weren't popular with fans, but think both players can be "rehabbed." Made some mention that they're doing some things with Jamaal physically to help him be more injury-free and basically talking to Stephen, because this past year has been the only one where he has had any sort of trouble.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here somewhere and I missed it, but they also discussed that there's going to be a pre-season game in JO's hometown of Columbia, SC. They'll also play in Cincinnati and Quad City during the pre-season.

:kickcan: Thanks MR for update, I heard he was going to be on , but had to get back to the office and missed it.

Hicks
08-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Last year was the only year he had any sort of trouble??

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2005/01/14/inside2-2005-01-14-jackson.jpg

Evan_The_Dude
08-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Last year was the only year he had any sort of trouble??

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2005/01/14/inside2-2005-01-14-jackson.jpg

Not fair. Ron started it.

Hicks
08-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Jack was the biggest hot head of that night. The first to start swinging.

grace
08-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Jack was the biggest hot head of that night. The first to start swinging.

That was all Billy Knight's fault. We're blaming him for everything now aren't we?

Bball
08-04-2006, 12:35 AM

MM said he knows that many fans are upset that Jamaal and Stephen haven't been traded, but doesn't think they will be in any hurry to do so. The Pacers know they weren't popular with fans, but think both players can be "rehabbed."

:whistle:

-Bball