PDA

View Full Version : Grace happy? Griffin signs contract to return to Bulls

Since86
08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Free agent Griffin signs contract to return to Bulls
Associated Press

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls signed free agent Adrian Griffin, luring the seven-year veteran swingman back to Chicago from the Dallas Mavericks.

The deal was announced Monday, but terms of the contract were not disclosed.

The 6-foot-5 Griffin scored 4.6 points per game for the Mavericks, who reached the NBA Finals last season. He made 45 starts in 52 appearances.

During the 2004-05 season, Griffin averaged 2.2 points and 2.1 rebounds for the Bulls in 69 games.

"We are extremely pleased to have Adrian back," Bulls general manager John Paxson said. "We missed his presence last season and it will be great to have him on board with us again."

The 32-year-old has appeared in 388 NBA games, with career averages of 4.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. He has also played for Boston and Houston.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2535750

Robertmto
08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Griffin is the closet thing to a jeffries type player I could find in the NBA right Grace?

I really respected Griffin for guarding Wade in the Finals. If it would have been officiated better (hell if they didn't cheat - i'll say it) the Mavs would have won easily.

Steve McQueen
08-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Griffin is the closet thing to a jeffries type player I could find in the NBA right Grace?

I really respected Griffin for guarding Wade in the Finals. If it would have been officiated better (hell if they didn't cheat - i'll say it) the Mavs would have won easily.
Wade made Griffin look like the ancient, no-game neverwas he is. And if the Mavs could play defense without hacking, and if Irk NoDitzki wasn't a choke artist, the Mavs could've easily won.
Should've? Could've? Would've?

Didn't.

Robertmto
08-02-2006, 09:14 PM
And now I remember why no one misses you.

Anthem
08-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Griffin should give J.Bender a portion of that contract. His current situation in the league is directly attributable to Bender.

pizza guy
08-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Wade made Griffin look like the ancient, no-game neverwas he is. And if the Mavs could play defense without hacking, and if Irk NoDitzki wasn't a choke artist, the Mavs could've easily won.
Should've? Could've? Would've?

Didn't.

I'm glad you posted, you reminded me of something.

To: Hicks

SoupIsGood
08-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Just what Chicago needs! Another guy who hustles, play defense, and scores very little! What a signing!! :unimpress

Fireball Kid
08-02-2006, 11:29 PM
And now I remember why no one misses you.

I thought I was alone here. For a moment, I thought I was the only one that notices how Steve McQueen expresses his comments. Its one thing to say that this certain player doesn't do this particular thing very well, but its another thing to attack that player by blantly mispelling his name which is kind of childish to me.

Robertmto
08-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I thought I was alone here. For a moment, I thought I was the only one that notices how Steve McQueen expresses his comments. Its one thing to say that this certain player doesn't do this particular thing very well, but its another thing to attack that player by blantly mispelling his name which is kind of childish to me.

since Day 1, fireball day 1

grace
08-03-2006, 12:36 AM
If Pax is happy, I'm happy.

Robertmto: Comparing him to Jeffries is not a plus in my book.

Anthem: :huh:

Anthem
08-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Anthem: :huh:
A. Griffin was out of the league, and he came to the Pacer's summer league to try in. The Pacers had the whole summer league set up to give Bender experience, and so all of the plays were set up for him. Bender played the first game, but missed the rest with a sore knee.

All of the plays were set up for the SF to score, and Griffin was the backup SF. So he was the high-scoring player from our camp, and Boston liked what they saw and signed him before the end of the summer league. He started 50 games for them that year.

Do I get a :cookie:?

Robertmto
08-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Griffin is pretty underrated. He is a very good perimeter defeder. Not to mention that he doesn't need the ball to be happy. He can do about everyting on the floor. Good pickup for the Bulls.

Naptown_Seth
08-03-2006, 01:58 AM
A. Griffin was out of the league, and he came to the Pacer's summer league to try in. The Pacers had the whole summer league set up to give Bender experience, and so all of the plays were set up for him. Bender played the first game, but missed the rest with a sore knee.

All of the plays were set up for the SF to score, and Griffin was the backup SF. So he was the high-scoring player from our camp, and Boston liked what they saw and signed him before the end of the summer league. He started 50 games for them that year.

Nice call. Forget cookies for that one.

:champagne

grace
08-03-2006, 01:08 PM

:shrug: If you want you can have two. :cookie::cookie: