PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Digest Forum Party XIII

Jose Slaughter
08-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Well the NBA schedule maker was not kind to us this year. :(

I'll post 3 options but I think when it comes right down to it there is only one possible date.

Heres your choices.

Saturday October 28th, the Saturday prior to the season opener.

Saturday November 25th, the Saturday following Thanksgiving.

Saturday December 16th, the first Saturday without a game scheduled.

Once we come up with the date, we can address the location. Yes, a change of local is an option.

Hicks
08-02-2006, 01:09 AM
So which one is "the only one possible"?

I think October is too soon. The 25th is OK, but personally I'd like the 16th of December.

Jose Slaughter
08-02-2006, 01:27 AM
I agree, October is too early. I think its kinda tough for some of us to get free on Thanksgiving weekend so I doubt the November date gets much support. That leaves 12-16.

Hicks
08-02-2006, 01:28 AM
I student teach this fall, and my last day is Friday the 15th, so that'd be a cool thing to do right after that work load is over with.

Suaveness
08-02-2006, 02:17 AM
I voted wrong...I'm changing my vote to December..

grace
08-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I would have voted for Oct. but I agree that it's too early. I voted for December even though the thought of going to Castleton on a Saturday night during Christmas shopping season gives me hives.

Hicks
08-02-2006, 11:44 AM
There's a Pizza King in New Castle, and our Steak N Shake is open 24/7 for when it closes. :D

Since86
08-02-2006, 12:59 PM
I'd jump for joy, if it was NC.

A 20min drive sounds a whole lot better than an hour.

aero
08-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Voted for December 16th although the last location of the party would be a bit hecktic at christmas shopping time, I live on the southside of Indianapolis and i KNOW that the Greenwood Park Mall is crazy at christmas time as far as traffic goes

We should all meet up at the Greenwood Hooters :D

Robertmto
08-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Castleton....December....Weekend...:-o

I'm all for it!!!

Kegboy
08-02-2006, 01:33 PM
As long as we don't have another blizzard, it shouldn't be that bad. I would recommend going up to 96th and taking the back way in, though.

SoupIsGood
08-02-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree, December is the best.

Twes
08-02-2006, 03:49 PM
I logged in to the Star News this week for the first time in a long time.

I saw that I had a message from Jose inviting me to the 2004 forum get together.

I didn't however have a message for the 2005 party so I guess he finally gave up.

:banghead:

DisplacedKnick
08-02-2006, 03:55 PM
I logged in to the Star News this week for the first time in a long time.

I saw that I had a message from Jose inviting me to the 2004 forum get together.

I didn't however have a message for the 2005 party so I guess he finally gave up.

:banghead:

It gets worse - it's not the forum party, but parties. Generally 2-3/year.

Believe_in_blue
08-02-2006, 04:01 PM
October is too early, but either of the other two would be fine

vapacersfan
08-02-2006, 04:36 PM
I def cant do October 28, I beleive I will have tickets for the Notre Dame-Navy game. The other two work fine for me.

btowncolt
08-02-2006, 04:50 PM
None of them work for me. I hate you all.

vapacersfan
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM

You have NO excuse, Btown.

I am going to have full season tickets for the Skins, be working PT and going to school FT.

If I can find a way to make one of these, so can you :-p

Frank Slade
08-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Come for the Forum Party..

Stay for the MNF Game :colts: vs :bengals: Dec 18

No date preference for me, but my two cents is to have one perhaps near downtown if possible.

grace
08-03-2006, 12:13 AM
No date preference for me, but my two cents is to have one perhaps near downtown if possible.

If it's any where near Circle Center you can forget me going in November or December.

Hicks
08-03-2006, 12:15 AM
I promise New Castle won't have shopping traffic. :D

Naptown_Seth
08-03-2006, 03:00 AM
Can a newbie get in on this, or is it invite only?

SoupIsGood
08-03-2006, 03:11 AM
Can a newbie get in on this, or is it invite only?

Following is a list of what I would call, for a lack of a better term, "guidelines".

1. Everyone is invited. Doesn't matter if you post 30 times a day or if you only come here to read what others write. As long as you know about the forum, & the party, you're welcome.

2. Timing means nothing. What I mean by this is...........

You can come when you want, you can leave when you want. It's all up to you. You just want to stop by for 5 minutes, no problem (sorry Scott).

We'll be there from around 6, til 9 then we'll move things to Perkins.

3. The Big Payback. We chip in for the grub. The pizza, soft drinks & tip for our fine waitresses runs about 10 bucks each.

The Pizza King does serve other items if pizza is not your thing or if you care for something a little stronger than Pepsi. I'll leave that ordering, & paying, up to you.

Thats it, I hope.

If you have any questions, fire away.

:)

I think those generally apply to every PD party...

grace
08-03-2006, 01:03 PM
I promise New Castle won't have shopping traffic. :D

I'd rather go to New Castle than have to deal with Circle Center traffic at Christmas.

Besides little ol' me is too chicken to be walking around downtown Indianapolis at 3AM.

Unclebuck
08-03-2006, 01:06 PM
If it's any where near Circle Center you can forget me going in November or December.

OK, so Castleton is out, downtown is out. I'm guessing anywhere near Greenwood Park mall is out, Certainly Keystone at the Crossing is out, oh yeh and anywhere near Clay Terrace is out.

Sould like New Castle it is.

Shopping traffic doesn't scare me so where ever is fine by me

Since86
08-03-2006, 01:11 PM
NEW CASTLE!!!!!:woot2:

:dance: :pepper: :carrot: :mango: :pineapple :cucumber: :apple: :dorange: :dancingba : :dancingsager:

Hicks
08-03-2006, 01:39 PM
:laugh: Having it here would be cool. Give me some time to think and bounce it off others around here, and I can see what the best idea might be for having a large gathering.

To keep the Pizza King, then to a late-night food place system, going to our PK and then to SteakNShake would do it. But I'll see if there's something better than that (if nothing else for after PK closes).

grace
08-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I never said Castleton was out. I just said it would give me hives. I also thought I should be a team player and say I'd go somewhere else even though it only takes me 15 minutes at 3AM to drive home from Castleton.

That being said do we really think we can find someplace else that would put up with...I mean cater to us like the Castleton Pizza King does? Is someone really going to take over the reigns and make arrangements like Jose does?

Just something for you all to think about while I go change some diapers.

:goodnight

Unclebuck
08-03-2006, 03:05 PM
I never said Castleton was out. I just said it would give me hives. I also thought I should be a team player and say I'd go somewhere else even though it only takes me 15 minutes at 3AM to drive home from Castleton.

That being said do we really think we can find someplace else that would put up with...I mean cater to us like the Castleton Pizza King does? Is someone really going to take over the reigns and make arrangements like Jose does?

Just something for you all to think about while I go change some diapers.

:goodnight

I personally think we should stick to Pizza King in Castleton. Unless Hicks wants to have a big sleep over in NC

Jose Slaughter
08-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I've got a club house at my condo.

Traffic would be light but parking would be an issue, we're very limited on space.

Just another option.

Hicks
08-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Really it's a shame our Donatos left town a few years back. Love or hate the food, but they had a nice party room that would have fit I'd say around 20-30 people completely cut off from the rest of the place; that would have been perfect.

By the way I'm completely content to stay with what we've done; I like the Castleton PK and Perkins is just fine too. My first choice would probably be to stick to that.

My second choice would be NC for selfish reasons. (Although it'd also be pretty cool for me too to have everyone in my neck of the woods).

btowncolt
08-03-2006, 03:55 PM
I was thinking about having an East Coast pants party that everyone out here would be invited to attend.

Frank Slade
08-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I was thinking about having an East Coast pants party that everyone out here would be invited to attend.
:runout:

Doug
08-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Ah, the traffic's not *that* bad at Christmas, since the PK is a little east of the mall.

I don't want to switch unless our waitress switches too.

Naptown_Seth
08-03-2006, 04:40 PM
I'd rather go to New Castle than have to deal with Circle Center traffic at Christmas.

Besides little ol' me is too chicken to be walking around downtown Indianapolis at 3AM.
As a downtowner I assure you we could get you home safely....though I wouldn't let my wife walk home alone from Rock Bottom. Then again I wouldn't want her walking around alone at 3 AM by Castleton or in Broad Ripple either.

But as a group of 4+ downtown at 3 AM is perfectly safe. We do it all the time.

fooddaman
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking about going this time... I almost went last time. I mainly lurk around here to get Pacer news. There is no better place.

PS - I'm sure that Anderson might serve as a happy medium between Indy & New Castle. We have a few Pizza Kings (not sure about the room sizes) and we have a Perkins near I-69.