PDA

View Full Version : Granger's Contract?

lazypenguin
08-01-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm having a hard time finding contracts online. Can anyone tell me what Granger's current contract is? Thanks.

Swingman
08-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Well, what is the going rate for the 17th pick in the draft? That would be a good estimate of what Granger's contract is currently since he's still on his rookie contract. I don't know the answer though.

Hicks
Click on Fundamentals at the top of this page, and click on Hoopshype salaries.

burnzone
It might not be totally accurate to the penny, but this is the main place I know of to see team, and player salaries.

This link is to the Pacers page, hope it helps.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana.htm

travmil
08-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Granger got the standard rookie deal. That means he had three years, with a team option for the fourth. You can bet your life that the Pacers will exercise that option. After that, he will be a restricted free agent in the same way that Fred Jones was this year. So they will make their qualifying offer, let another team negotiate a deal for Granger, and then match without even blinking. Or I suppose it's possible that they will give him an extension before that, but I doubt it. The last two times they did that (Tinsley and Bender), they got burned.

Translation: Granger will be a Pacer for a long time.

Will Galen
08-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Hoopshype is not always right. For example, they have James White as getting the player minimum, whereas it was reported he got first round money.

That said, Hoopshype is reporting Granger gets $1.4m, $1.5m. $2.3m, and $3.2m.

Myself, I use Hoopshype for yearly contract figures, RealGM to check trades, and Patricia's Various Basketball Stuff site to check other contract facts.
http://www.dfw.net/%7Epatricia/

Here's what she lists for Granger.

Danny Granger ......... 7/7/05 4 $6,583,325 rc t-opt '09

7/7/05 is the date he signed.
4 is the number of years.
$6,583,325, is the total amount of his contract.
rc, means rookie contract.
t-opt '09, means the team has an option on the final year of his contract.

One more thing, even when all the reports from these sites agree, they can be wrong. Croshere's contract was proof of that. They all had it wrong.

Ron who?
08-02-2006, 06:29 AM
why is JO getting paid soo much?

AnotherBirdCreation
08-02-2006, 06:33 AM
why is JO getting paid soo much?

We had to max him out. San Antonio, among others, made a serious run at him. That's why we lost Brad Miller.

JayRedd
08-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Granger got the standard rookie deal. That means he had three years, with a team option for the fourth. You can bet your life that the Pacers will exercise that option. After that, he will be a restricted free agent in the same way that Fred Jones was this year.

Well, if he turns out to be he guy we think he is, we hopefully won't ever have to use that option and will just offer him an extension after his third year. When you've got a guy that you want as a cornerstone, you wanna try to get him signed as early as possible, e.g. Lebron, Bosh, Wade, etc. Not saying Granger is near that level, but he is hopefully a big part of what we're trying to do here.

On a similar note, I'm surprised Cuban didn't try to extend Josh Howard this summer. Or maybe he did but Josh wanted to use next year to up his value and we never heard about it. Either way, I don't want us to ever see Granger getting offer sheets from other teams. Need to get the kid an extension after Year 3.

bulldog
08-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Don't have a link, but have read that Dirk and Howard will be re-upped when they return from their well-deserved summer vacation. Apparently a formality at this point.