PDA

View Full Version : Star: Pacers to sign Snap Hunter

jjbjjbjjb
07-31-2006, 03:49 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060731/SPORTS04/607310379

Pacers' roster exceeds league limit of 15
By Mark Montieth
July 31, 2006

The Indiana Pacers' roster is bursting at the seams, so alterations are in order.

Not on the seams, but for what fits in them.

They will soon have 16 players under contract, one beyond the league limit, and have more wants and needs to address. They are hoping to obtain Al Harrington in a trade with Atlanta that would not send players to the Hawks. They're also hoping to add a center or power forward and perhaps a perimeter shooter.

They're armed with a $7.5 million trade exception and the mid-level exception, which would allow them to offer a contract starting at $5.2 million, but some of their changes will have to be accomplished with more trades.

Downsizing can be accomplished simply, if they choose to do so. Guard Jimmie "Snap" Hunter is scheduled to sign a contract Wednesday, but it carries only a partial guarantee of about $100,000. They also have the option of releasing Josh Powell and Rawle Marshall, two minimum-salary, one-year veteran forwards obtained in the trade with Dallas that also brought Darrell Armstrong in exchange for Anthony Johnson.

Marshall's contract becomes guaranteed for next season if he's still on the Pacers' roster after Aug. 7. Powell's becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster after Oct. 1.

The Pacers are reluctant to let them go, however. Both are young, athletic and improving, and have given indications they belong in the league.

That seems particularly true of Marshall, an exceptionally athletic 6-7 forward with long arms. He averaged 3.1 points over 23 games last season in Dallas, starting nine. He led the Mavericks' summer league team in scoring shortly before the trade to the Pacers, averaging 16 points on 44 percent shooting through five games.

The 6-9 Powell averaged 3.0 points in 37 games last season, starting two, then 6.2 points and 5.8 rebounds in summer league play. He's drawn comparisons to Udonis Haslem, a role-playing starter on Miami's championship team.

"The more I look at it, I kind of like it," CEO Donnie Walsh said of the possibility of the two staying with the team.

Something will have to give for that to happen if the Pacers acquire Harrington, but plenty of time remains to make adjustments before training camp opens in October.

Walsh, however, said he is content with his backcourt.

"I like our perimeter players now," he said. "We have a lot of them and they're all different than what we had before. They're long and athletic, and they can defend."

Jones gets fresh start

The Pacers are planning to speed up their offense next season, but that comes too late for former guard Fred Jones.

Jones, who signed a three-year, $11 million contract with Toronto as a restricted free agent, looks forward to playing in an up-tempo system with the Raptors.

"That wasn't conducive to my style," Jones told Toronto reporters when asked about the Pacers' style of play. "I have no complaints about my time in Indiana. We were a good team, I loved my teammates and we had a lot of fun. That was their system I was drafted into. This just fits my mode a lot better."

He also hopes to be free of the controversies that dogged the Pacers the past two seasons.

"Everything that was going on in the media, everything that was going on in the locker room, that dampened our spirits a little bit," he said. "To get away from that and start fresh is going to be a new feeling."

rexnom
07-31-2006, 04:50 AM
I think we have another deal or two coming up that's gonna be a 3 for 1 or 2 for 1 at least.

pizza guy
07-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Hmm, who's leaving?

Obviously, Donnie could be blowing smoke about the Marshall and Powle.

But, he could just as well be making up the "I like our perimeter guys" thing as well.

Kamiyohk
07-31-2006, 06:33 AM
PG:Jamaal Tinsley (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jamaal_tinsley/index.html?nav=page) ,Darrell Armstrong (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/darrell_armstrong/index.html?nav=page) ,Orien Greene (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/orien_greene/index.html?nav=page) ,Sarunas Jasikevicius (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/sarunas_jasikevicius/index.html?nav=page) ,Snap Hunter,(Marquis Daniels (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marquis_daniels/index.html?nav=page) ,James White (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/james_white/index.html?nav=page) )

Harddrive7
07-31-2006, 06:38 AM
Kind of wish that this article would of spoke more of Snap since that's what the article was about. Guess I'll go look his stats up. Good job Star!

aero
07-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Gill, Marshall, and Powle will be gone so that puts our Roster at about 12 (Pollard is still unsigned) we will be ok :D

rexnom
07-31-2006, 06:45 AM
Just re-read it. Snap isn't going to be given a guaranteed contract. Just one throught training camp or something. I'm cool with that but I really wanna keep the Dallas guys. They could actually become something nice.

Will Galen
07-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Gill, Marshall, and Powle will be gone so that puts our Roster at about 12 (Pollard is still unsigned) we will be ok :D

Gill's not under contract.

And the way it going nobody knows who will be on the team opening day because they are obviously going to make more changes! I've been a fan since the Pacer's birth and I've never seen a off season like this one.

I'm shocked that they are going to offer Snap any kind of contract when they have so many players already under contract. Last year they wouldn't keep snap just because they didn't want to pay two players. No doubt the change has to do with being under the luxury tax instead of worrying about paying it.

Anthem
07-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Assuming we get Al and the Veep:

JO / Hulk / Edwards
Al / Foster / Powell
Granger / White / Williams
Jack / Daniels / Marshall / Snap
Tinsley / Saras / Armstrong / Greene

That's pretty full.

Suaveness
07-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Plus Baston.

Frank Slade
07-31-2006, 09:28 AM
They're also hoping to add a center or power forward and perhaps a perimeter shooter.

A PF/C .wonder who that would be ? Mags is gone, Wilcox looks to be going back to the Sonics. Assuming they do not waive both Powell and Marhsall, I would think Snap and Powell and possibly waive Edwards?

As far a perimeter shooter it would most likley have to be an already signed player, not too much at all availalbe FA wise.

Anthem
07-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Plus Baston.
Right. So it's

JO / Hulk / Edwards
Al / Foster / Baston / Powell

Assuming we get back Veep, that's 18 players. Four have non-guaranteed contracts, though.

Still, a 2-for-1 would be nice.

Anthem
07-31-2006, 09:35 AM
As far a perimeter shooter it would most likley have to be an already signed player, not too much at all availalbe FA wise.
I still think it makes sense to trade for MoPete.

Will Galen
07-31-2006, 09:38 AM
Assuming we get Al and the Veep:

JO / Hulk / Edwards
Al / Foster / Powell

That's pretty full.

You forgot Maceo Baston too. We can't keep track of the team without a scorecard! (Grin)

Thanking about it some more it's obvious that Bird and Walsh have some trades already in mind that they think they can do or they wouldn't be signing all these guys.

That would no doubt mean that we are going to do a two for one trade. Three for one being unlikely when you consider the contracts of the guys we still have and want to trade are 5 to 7 million.

An example of a three for one we could do is Jackson, Tinsley, and Williams for Francis. (Yeah I know some wouldn't want to do that, this is an example) Isiah was interested in Williams before we drafted him. I don't remember how long we have to keep Williams before we can trade him though.

I looked it up, you can trade a draft pick 30 days after he has signed a contract. That would mean we could trade White ot Williams Aug 5 since they both signed July 6.

We have these players we haven't traded-

JO...........Both Bird and Walsh have said we aren't trading Him.
Granger....No way. He's to good and cheap.
Harrison...No way. Centers take time and he's coming along.
Jackson...Most likely.
Foster.....Only if we get a big man back.
Tinsley....Probably not unless it was for Francis in my example.
Saras......Was available and almost traded, not likely now but still possible.

Plus there is talk about wanting more players. Quote; "They're also hoping to add a center or power forward and perhaps a perimeter shooter."

Al, and Pollard, unless we get Edwards and keep him, and a shooter.

Now lets look at the line up again using my example.

JO / Hulk / Pollard or Edwards
Al / Baston / Foster / Powell
Granger / White /
Daniels / Marshall / Snap
Francis / Saras / Armstrong / Greene

That's 16 players without adding a shooter. Francies was just an example I was using, I don't think they will trade for him. But even if they made a three for one trade like that I don't see how they are going to get the roster down with out cutting guys.

Anthem
07-31-2006, 09:40 AM
That's 16 players without adding a shooter. Francies was just an example I was using, I don't think they will trade for him. But even if they made a three for one trade like that I don't see how they are going to get the roster down with out cutting guys.
I imagine we'll cut Edwards. But, like you, I'd like Pollard to get his spot.

I thought we'd heard that with the advent of the D-league, that teams would be allowed to carry 16 players.

Did that never happen?

FrenchConnection
07-31-2006, 09:45 AM

You would have to think that Fred and Anthony Parker would take his spot on the Raptors, so he should be available. Although MoPete could play the 3 and they are not as loaded at that spot as they are at the 2.

JayRedd
07-31-2006, 10:04 AM
I predict a Jack/Williams package to be sent away soon after Al gets here

Pacers#1Fan
07-31-2006, 10:08 AM
OMFG, another point guard!?!? There has to be another deal on the horizon. Has there ever been an NBA team that had half their roster consisting entirely of point guards (without having one that's a true consistent starter)? I know everyone is rooting for Snap because he is the underdog with such a great attitude but this is getting ridiculous.

Anthem
07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
You would have to think that Fred and Anthony Parker would take his spot on the Raptors, so he should be available. Although MoPete could play the 3 and they are not as loaded at that spot as they are at the 2.
He's a better 2 than 3. Surely Steven Jackson would be great in that role?

Tyrion
07-31-2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060731/SPORTS04/607310379

"I like our perimeter players now," he said. "We have a lot of them and they're all different than what we had before. They're long and athletic, and they can defend."

This strikes me as really wierd. Except for swapping out AJ and Jones for MD, we have exactly the same perimeter that we had before. We have the same projected starters in Tinsley and Jackson. Maybe Tinsley is going to grow a few inches and come back lightning fast.

Anthem
07-31-2006, 10:12 AM
I've seen that said a couple times now, and I don't get it. Bird was very high on Williams, and picked him when several other good players were on the board. If we didn't want him, why'd we pick him?

EDIT: Just saw MSA's post below mine. If we're going to trade one of our two rookies, I'd rather trade Williams than White.

MSA2CF
07-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Darrell Armstrong
Maceo Baston
Marquis Daniels
Jeff Foster
Eddie Gill (FA)
Danny Granger
Orien Greene
David Harrison
Stephen Jackson
Sarunas Jasikevicius
Rawle Marshall
Jermaine O'Neal
Scot Pollard (FA)
Josh Powell
Jamaal Tinsley
James White
Shawne Williams
Al Harrington
John Edwards
+ Snap Hunter
- Eddie Gill (already gone)
- Scot Pollard (back problems won't allow him to run with the new offense, so he's out)
- Stephen Jackson (in trade)
- James White (in trade with Jackson)
- Josh Powell [in trade with Marshall for draft pick(s)]
- Rawle Marshall [in trade with Powell for draft pick(s)]
+ Player (in trade of Jackson/White)

I can't see Stephen staying any more, seeing as how we have seemingly gone with Jamaal for the long run. I chose James White to package with him because of his already showing temper with referees/Adam M., however mild and/or misjudged that is. Plus, there is no real attachment to him yet. I could see Orien Greene in his place for the same reason, but I doubt we'd sign a player just to trade him...But stranger things have happened, right?

I think Donnie's feelings about Josh/Rawle are true; however, he's the CEO while Larry is the GM. Larry may not share the same feelings about those two. And, besides, someone has to go in some trade(s). Donnie is mentioning how much he likes those two players, thus keeping their trade value afloat. That's my speculation. I could also envision a Jackson/White/Josh or Rawle trade for draft picks, thereby holding onto one of the new Mavericks young guys.

Then again, I'm MSA2CF. Just tossing some ideas out there...

Anthem
07-31-2006, 10:13 AM
This strikes me as really wierd. Except for swapping out AJ and Jones for MD, we have exactly the same perimeter that we had before. We have the same projected starters in Tinsley and Jackson. Maybe Tinsley is going to grow a few inches and come back lightning fast.
I think he's including SF.

Frank Slade
07-31-2006, 10:16 AM

Early on I had the feeling White may be used as a "buffer" to add in with Jackson or Tinsley, now I think Williams could be that player.

I think White is here to stay. Very little mention of all regarding Williams lately, especially from Walsh or Bird, perhaps not but that is just my feeling as well right now.

Skaut_Ech
07-31-2006, 10:40 AM
You forgot Maceo Baston too. We can't keep track of the team without a scorecard! (Grin)

Thanking about it some more it's obvious that Bird and Walsh have some trades already in mind that they think they can do or they wouldn't be signing all these guys.

That would no doubt mean that we are going to do a two for one trade. Three for one being unlikely when you consider the contracts of the guys we still have and want to trade are 5 to 7 million.

An example of a three for one we could do is Jackson, Tinsley, and Williams for Francis. (Yeah I know some wouldn't want to do that, this is an example) Isiah was interested in Williams before we drafted him. I don't remember how long we have to keep Williams before we can trade him though.

I looked it up, you can trade a draft pick 30 days after he has signed a contract. That would mean we could trade White ot Williams Aug 5 since they both signed July 6.

We have these players we haven't traded-

JO...........Both Bird and Walsh have said we aren't trading Him.
Granger....No way. He's to good and cheap.
Harrison...No way. Centers take time and he's coming along.
Jackson...Most likely.
Foster.....Only if we get a big man back.
Tinsley....Probably not unless it was for Francis in my example.
Saras......Was available and almost traded, not likely now but still possible.

Plus there is talk about wanting more players. Quote; "They're also hoping to add a center or power forward and perhaps a perimeter shooter."

Al, and Pollard, unless we get Edwards and keep him, and a shooter.

Now lets look at the line up again using my example.

JO / Hulk / Pollard or Edwards
Al / Baston / Foster / Powell
Granger / White /
Daniels / Marshall / Snap
Francis / Saras / Armstrong / Greene

See this is my thinking, too. (see bold.) Everyone's trying to figure out our roster, but I think it's extremely premature. :grinyes: I am positive, management has one huge trade coming just before the season. :crystalba

And what are we stocking up on?: PGs. I think PGs are the most sought after, valuable commodity out there and pretty much the coin of the realm. Look how many teams aren't established at PG. Look at the Sixers (Iverson and Ollie?), Warriors (Baron-injured as much as Tinsley-Davis, and Monta Ellis), Lakers (Smush Parker(?) and a bunch of unknowns), Kings (Bibby and a couple of weak sisters), Sonics (Rinour and Watson. That's it.) Utah (Deron and Derrick Fisher)...it goes on and on.

Some teams still have gaping holes. I know from ClutchFans forum that their fans are DYING for a PF. And look at what we have to offer. Same thing with Utah. I think we're setting ourselves very nicely to offer Stephen Jackson + promising guys. At least, I hope that's what happens.

grace
07-31-2006, 10:52 AM

:nod:

If that happened I might actually watch the Pacers.

rela
07-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Early on I had the feeling White may be used as a "buffer" to add in with Jackson or Tinsley, now I think Williams could be that player.

I think White is here to stay. Very little mention of all regarding Williams lately, especiall from Walsh or Bird, perhaps not but that is just my feeling as well right now.
intresting thought. maybe we really can net a 2nd star with williams and a first included?
maybe thats why we r holding on the al deal and we want only to give up a 09 first rounder.
jackson/tinsley/williams + 1st for ray allen?

Anthem
07-31-2006, 11:03 AM
jackson/tinsley/williams + 1st for ray allen? I think that is probably too good to be true.

Tyrion
07-31-2006, 11:10 AM
See this is my thinking, too. (see bold.) Everyone's trying to figure out our roster, but I think it's extremely premature. :grinyes: I am positive, management has one huge trade coming just before the season. :crystalba

And what are we stocking up on?: PGs. I think PGs are the most sought after, valuable commodity out there and pretty much the coin of the realm. Look how many teams aren't established at PG. Look at the Sixers (Iverson and Ollie?), Warriors (Baron-injured as much as Tinsley-Davis, and Monta Ellis), Lakers (Smush Parker(?) and a bunch of unknowns), Kings (Bibby and a couple of weak sisters), Sonics (Rinour and Watson. That's it.) Utah (Deron and Derrick Fisher)...it goes on and on.

Some teams still have gaping holes. I know from ClutchFans forum that their fans are DYING for a PF. And look at what we have to offer. Same thing with Utah. I think we're setting ourselves very nicely to offer Stephen Jackson + promising guys. At least, I hope that's what happens.

I would agree with you except for the fact that the point guards that we are stocking up on aren't really starting caliber guys. The only one we have that has proven to be a good starting level pg is Tinsley, and no one likely wants to take a chance on him. It's true that pg is (along with center) the hardest position for teams to fill, but back-up level pgs are a dime a dozen. It is quality starters that are hard to come by. We don't have any of those to trade now that AJ is gone.

Bball
07-31-2006, 11:18 AM

Or maybe management is signing a bunch of really inexpensive players to get fans excited about their 'potential' and sell tickets?

...Which I wouldn't have a problem with IF they'd address the problems at the core of this team as well.

-Bball

Skaut_Ech
07-31-2006, 11:40 AM
I would agree with you except for the fact that the point guards that we are stocking up on aren't really starting caliber guys. The only one we have that has proven to be a good starting level pg is Tinsley, and no one likely wants to take a chance on him. It's true that pg is (along with center) the hardest position for teams to fill, but back-up level pgs are a dime a dozen. It is quality starters that are hard to come by. We don't have any of those to trade now that AJ is gone.

But valuable, none-the-less. Take GS, for example. Their coach has come out and said that he doesn't know if Monta is a PG, but he's kinda forced to play him there. I'd have to think someone like Saras, or Orien, who showed flashes last year, might be pretty appealing to them as a backup plan and someone to groom behind Baron.

Nets have a rookie and scrubs backing up Kidd. backup PGs Are a dime a dozen, decent ones are not. as part of a package, I think some of our PGs could look very appealing to teams that have real, glaring weakness at the backup PG spot.

I agree that we aren't stocking up on starters, but like I said, as part of a package, they might just bump the appeal up to make it worthwhile for another team.

Matter-of-fact, I think starting PGS are so hard to come by that Tinsley is gonna be a keeper. (dammit!)

CableKC
07-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Officially....I think that I have passed the point of "Scratching my head in confusion" and have reached "What the heck is going on here?". Next stop for me is "utter confusion"

Anyone want to join me there?

haloguy
07-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Seriously I have no idea what is going on. MAybe the pacers are trying to see how many players they can get on thier roster at one time. I see no reason for this...

317Kim
07-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Officially....I think that I have passed the point of "Scratching my head in confusion" and have reached "What the heck is going on here?". Next stop for me is "utter confusion"

Anyone want to join me there?

:wave:

You can definitely count me in now.

blanket
07-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Perhaps the intention is to package Powell and/or Marshall with one or more of our vets (Jackson, Foster, Saras). How long until we can trade Powell and Marshall? Anyone know?

LG33
07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
September 24th according to RealGM

I think Utah is set with Deron Williams and Derek Fisher too.

sweabs
07-31-2006, 12:16 PM

It makes a ton of sense, now with the moves they have made.

PacerMan
07-31-2006, 12:23 PM

Uh, except you're forgetting White,Green and Armstrong.

Tyrion
07-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Uh, except you're forgetting White,Green and Armstrong.

Don't get me wrong, I have high, high hopes for White. But, if we are counting on any of the three of them for anything but spot minutes this year, then we are in trouble.

CableKC
07-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I have high, high hopes for White. But, if we are counting on any of the three of them for anything but spot minutes this year, then we are in trouble.

Given our track history with injuries.....you never know when the 3rd and 4th string players will come into play :banghead:

CableKC
07-31-2006, 01:36 PM
The only good thing that I know of is that with this addition......it just means that we now know that there is at least one more move that the Pacers will make.

jjbjjbjjb
07-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe they are still trying to trade Saras. Or maybe they think they have a taker for Jackson. :confused:

Jay Ohh
07-31-2006, 02:46 PM
This is getting crazy. Why the **** do we keep getting all of these scrubs? Our roster is overstocked with scrubs, and it's starting to **** me off. We have about 18 point guards and too many SFs.

Someone said we should get Mo-Pete, which would be perfect. But Toronto loves him, and probably won't trade him unless they get back a lot of value. Value which we don't have.

I really hope that there's some secret plan behind this, because we're turning into the Knicks.

Young
07-31-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't think that siging Snap Hunter is a big deal at all.

Isn't this just more of an invite to training camp only he gets paid 100K to participate? And is OG's contract guaranteed?

I think that this really doesn't mean much other than that maybe we want 4 PGs on the roster again....it's not like we can't cut players because we have 3(Hunter, Marshall, and Powell) who can be cut easily and maybe Greene too.

Maybe we will make a trade or two after we get Al but it's not like signing Hunter is going to force us to do so. He doesn't exactly move guys back in the DC.

CableKC
07-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Can someone clarify for me which players that we have to keep....as in those that are signed beyond this season, who has guaranteed contracts....etc.?

Its unclear to me whether Snap has signed on just for the training camp...or if he must stay on the roster at the start of the regular season.

Frank Slade
07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Can someone clarify for me which players that we have to keep....as in those that are signed beyond this season, who has guaranteed contracts....etc.?

Its unclear to me whether Snap has signed on just for the training camp...or if he must stay on the roster at the start of the regular season.

My understanding is Hunter is signed, so if no further action is taken he would be a part of the regular season roster, however since his contract is only guaranteed for 100K, he still remains dispensable if they need to cut him.

I believe Powell and Marshall can be cut at anytime though, and the Pacers are not obligated to pay any portion of their salary.

Everyone else has guaranteed contracts for at least this year.

pizza guy
07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
jackson/tinsley/williams + 1st for ray allen?

:drool:

I don't know what they're doing, but I wish it would get done. This waiting (especially for Al) is getting old.

blanket
07-31-2006, 03:55 PM
I believe Powell and Marshall can be cut at anytime though, and the Pacers are not obligated to pay any portion of their salary.

Actually, from the article:

Marshall's contract becomes guaranteed for next season if he's still on the Pacers' roster after Aug. 7. Powell's becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster after Oct. 1.

Frank Slade
07-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Actually, from the article:

Interesting so if the Rookie's contract are able to be traded on or after Aug.5th then one decision they would have to make is to keep Marshal, assuming no other trades take place to reduce the roster before Aug. 7th

I personally hope Marshall is kept on the roster, worth the risk and at a low salary.

Naptown_Seth
07-31-2006, 11:53 PM
The Pacers are reluctant to let them go, however. Both are young, athletic and improving, and have given indications they belong in the league.
Then why sign Baston?!?!

"Hey, we have a SF/PF that's young and shows promise, we'd like to keep him and try him out."
"Well then, we better sign another guy that plays his position too."
:confused:

Snap is coming to camp, and we knew that for sure based on his summer. But it will be tough for him to make the team.

My biggest issue is that by taking on the guaranteed contracts they have put themselves in a tough position of either giving up guys they want to develop perhaps or paying cap space for players they end up cutting.

If there aren't multi-deals out there still then I don't know WTF is going on.

Tinsley, Jack, Foster gets you AI...
(I'm not even one of those "lets get AI, let's get KG" types, but at some point as the roster nears 20 contracts you start to wonder :) ).

Maybe they are still trying to trade Saras. Or maybe they think they have a taker for Jackson.
Interesting, but would they do that right after signing Baston?

jjbjjbjjb
08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm not saying it makes any sense, but... Snap is a guard.

At PG, I don't think they can move Tinsley. They won't move Armstrong or Greene, though they could cut Greene. Or they could trade Saras.

At SG, they won't move Quisey, and I very much doubt they move White. I think they could and might want to trade Jack.

Or they could just cut Snap.

Naptown_Seth
08-01-2006, 01:51 AM
All true. Frankly I'm sincerely at about the point of just saying F it and going into Pacers hibernation till camp, because its getting stupid trying to figure out what the team will be like next year at this point.

Will Galen
08-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Maybe Bird's going to try to pry Garnett away from Minnesota. I'm only half way kidding because that makes as much sense as anything else.

avoidingtheclowns
08-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Maybe Bird's going to try to pry Garnett away from Minnesota. I'm only half way kidding because that makes as much sense as anything else.

see my two ridiculous trades for garnett in the "TRADE FORUM"

everyone keeps mentioning a MoPete trade... but i think, since the pacers took back their fred jones offer following a toronto offer, that they would have packaged jones and someone else for MoPete if they were serious about that.

another trade option that came to me with all of this discussion about the Al trade a 3-way with ATL & WSH...

TO INDIANA: Al Harrington, Antonio Daniels
TO WASHINGTON: Stephen Jackson, Edwards (from ATL), Shane Williams
TO ATLANTA: Booth & cash/picks (WSH), Trade XPTN (IND)

this gives us another scorer and a great defender/ball handler in Daniels who can play both positions. atlanta doesn't want to take back players but this gives them some size and its the last year on his contract so its not a long-term investment.

i've also been wondering if we should send jack to charlotte for jumaine jones (S&T) and whatever else makes the deal work from both sides. i really don't know much about jones. he's bounced around a lot but i hear good things about defense, three point shooting and i hear he's an underrated player... any insight?

08-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Oh.. snap!!
:rimshot:

Naptown_Seth
08-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Let's not forget the PHX trade rumors too. Hard to know for sure what that was about, but perhaps that is a 2 for 1 yet to happen (like SarJas + someone for KT?).

I agree with Will, I would normally blast the KG trades, etc, but at this point all bets are off IMO.

Robertmto
08-01-2006, 05:43 PM
TO INDIANA: Al Harrington, Antonio Daniels
TO WASHINGTON: Stephen Jackson, Edwards (from ATL), Shane Williams
TO ATLANTA: Booth & cash/picks (WSH), Trade XPTN (IND)

no thank you

LG33
08-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Let's trade Stephen Jackson for another trainer who can keep our guys on the court.