PDA

View Full Version : Jack or Bonzi?

Shade
07-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I know that most of us would rather have neither, but I'm not going to let you cop out that easily. :tongue:

If one of these two MUST be a Pacer next season, who would you prefer?

Coop
07-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Gotta go with jack. His talents fit the team better regardless of his bad attitude/shot selection

Lord Helmet
07-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Jackson, he's not nearly as bad as Bonzi.

Kegboy
07-29-2006, 10:16 PM
The devil you know...

Frank Slade
07-29-2006, 10:17 PM
The devil you know...

Well said... :nod:

Jay Ohh
07-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Bonzi. He rebounds, plays defense, and actually tries every game. Better basketball IQ, shot selection and best of all, he isn't a chucker. The character issues are overblown. People are too paranoid since Ron decided to screw us.

Haggard
07-29-2006, 10:33 PM
I just don't get it how so many Pacers fans bag Jack. Peja is a far bigger crab than Jack but most Pacers fan seemed disappointed wen Peja left. Jack has something which Peja lacks and thats heart. Bonzi lacks heart heart to. Jack has the passion to play and thats what the Pacers need

beast23
07-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Bonzi. He rebounds, plays defense, and actually tries every game. Better basketball IQ, shot selection and best of all, he isn't a chucker. The character issues are overblown. People are too paranoid since Ron decided to screw us.I don't think there is any doubt that Bonzi is probably a more consistent player, and therefore potentially a better player for the Pacers than Jackson.

But the problem that we have with Bonzi is in no way, shape or form influenced by what happened with Artest.

Most of us just have a major problem with Bonzi's character and his values. He has done absolutely nothing to prove that he's "good people". In fact, time and time again, he has proven just the opposite... both on and off the court.

I really don't want Jackson here next season, either. But if I were forced to choose, I'd take Jackson.

grace
07-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm debating between "my opinion is I have no opinion" or :death:

Should I start a poll? ;)

LoneGranger33
07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
oops...i meant jackson...

nah, im kidding...i don't think he's terrible, nor do i like bonzi BUT bonzi wants to play here and im willing to give him a chance

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Since Im one of only two to vote for Bonzi, Ill give my reasoning:

Consistency - Dont get me wrong I dont want either of these players at all but if we absolutely had to deal with one of these knuckleheads Id take Bonzi because he can actually contribute consistently instead of say 1 out of every 5 games.

Trying to predict which one is gonna cause more problems is pointless, they are both gonna cause problems on whatever team they are on no matter what.

Fireball Kid
07-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Jackson is a 4th option at best who is forced to play as the 2nd option. I'll give him one season to shape up.

Suaveness
07-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Um, neither.

circlecitysportsfan
07-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Bonzi because i think he's a better player.

Hoop
07-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Go JAX Go JAX ! :woot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/JAX.jpg

Ron who?
07-30-2006, 12:14 AM
Bonzi. He rebounds, plays defense, and actually tries every game. Better basketball IQ, shot selection and best of all, he isn't a chucker. The character issues are overblown. People are too paranoid since Ron decided to screw us.

i completely agree with this

CableKC
07-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Oh Joy.....yet another "lesser of two evils" poll.

At least with SJax...we know what we get.

CableKC
07-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Jackson is a 4th option at best who is forced to play as the 2nd option. I'll give him one season to shape up.

I don't agree with that at all........SJax is a very solid Number 3 option that is good enough to take over as a Number 2 option ( get it? Number 2 option....:shrug:....Number 2....nm ) for short periods of time....if needed.

Naptown_Seth
07-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Well said... :nod:
I'm torn, but the "devil you know" angle is strong. And I'm not even the anti-attitude type, like he is a cancer, I think Jack would be a better teammate than Bonzi. But with Jack the team now knows what he can and can't do for them which makes is easier to design and scheme around him.

Bonzi has more talent and normally I would go with him, but I can't shake the types of attitude issues he has had which are far worse than Jack's ref yapping and mental locks.

Roy Munson
07-30-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm not a SJax fan at all, but the choice between him and BWells is a no-brainer.

AesopRockOn
07-30-2006, 05:52 AM

Hmm, the same BOnzi that only cares about the 1st and 15th who only plays well in a contract year who is so good that the Kings sign Salmons instead of him. Has he matured and become a winner who thinks team first?

I'll take Jax.

Unclebuck
07-30-2006, 07:59 AM
I'd go with Bonzi, he's the better player

317Kim
07-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I had to go with Jack.

avoidingtheclowns
07-30-2006, 09:12 AM
devil you know theory works...

jackson just doesn't show up some nights or spends more time pleading with refs than say playing defense. meanwhile bonzi was run out of his first two teams and the kings do not seem amazingly anxious to hold on to him (despite his playoff performance). i think bonzi would be more artest than jackson and i'd much rather have someone with habits that can change (ex. not focusing so much on refs).

pizza guy
07-30-2006, 09:31 AM
I know that most of us would rather have neither, but I'm not going to let you cop out that easily. :tongue:

If one of these two MUST be a Pacer next season, who would you prefer?

Neither.

LoneGranger33
07-30-2006, 10:46 AM
If I may repeat an earlier observation

we should definitely pick up Bonzi Wells...he can't be half as bad as Jackson and anyone that wants to play here is welcome to do so in my opinion...plus, it should **** off Artest and I'm all for that...

we should also add Rick Adelman to our coaching staff

denyfizle
07-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Bonzi hands down! I'd take a draft pick or a trade exception for Jack... Losing Jack is like addition by subtraction ala Artest.

Jay Ohh
07-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Hmm, the same BOnzi that only cares about the 1st and 15th who only plays well in a contract year who is so good that the Kings sign Salmons instead of him. Has he matured and become a winner who thinks team first?

I'll take Jax.

At least he has the ability to play that well period. That's more than I can say for Jack. And Bonzi's always been a good player, so get out of here with that contract year ****.

He's been a 13 ppg 5 rebound guy per game his whole career, and a lot of that is coming off the bench. So what are you bashing him for? Because he steps up big in the playoffs? Because he averaged a career high in rebounds this year when he got his career high in minutes? Because Sacramento doesn't want to pay a 31 year old who will take away from their emerging young SG? Being a hater can only get you so far in life.

Kegboy
07-30-2006, 03:40 PM
I'd go with Bonzi, he's the better player

You really think so? Besides his glorious six playoff games (*cough*contract*cough*), why do you say that?

Slick Pinkham
07-30-2006, 03:46 PM
I'll go with the guy who has not been suspended from his own team for the duration of the playoffs for conduct detrimental to the team.

Some of you put a lot of weight into Bonzi's play his past postseason. There have been others where he did not show up and where his team thought they were better of without him.

An irritating skin rash is not as bad as a tumor.

sixthman
07-30-2006, 04:59 PM
I'd take a chance on Bonzi, if we could get someone decent for Jackson.

grace
07-30-2006, 10:05 PM
An irritating skin rash is not as bad as a tumor.

:spitout::lmao:

Looks like we have another team motto.