PDA

View Full Version : Reasons the Pacers will be above 500

redwillow
07-29-2006, 05:37 PM
I pledge allegaince to Donnie and Larry. I think they are the best duo in the league. The last two seasons aside, Pacer fans have had it easy since the mid 90's. I trust that the problem, whatever it was, will be fixed this season. What are the top reasons we will be over 500 this year?

Destined4Greatness
07-29-2006, 05:39 PM
JO will get hurt, Hey its the only reason we were .500 or better the last 2 years. 3rd times a charm.

FrenchConnection
07-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Jermaine O'Neal, Al Harrington (God willing), Danny Granger, Marquis Daniels.

ilive4sports
07-29-2006, 05:44 PM

I agree with that. Then again if Tinsley goes down early(probably will) we may not be above .500. Larry and Donnie are taking a huge risk on this season going into the season with it all on Tinsley's health. Going by the past, thats not the brightest idea, but i trust Larry and Donnie.

SoupIsGood
07-29-2006, 05:47 PM
The fact that our frontcourt should be one of the best in the league. Danny, Al, and Jermaine should work well together, while the two main subs in David and Jeff address the starters' slight lack of rebounding and size.

I think Marquis and James White will play very well for us at the 2 spot.

IMO that all adds up to being over .500. The PG spot will be what decides if we are really, really, good, or just okay.

D23
07-29-2006, 05:52 PM
What are the top reasons we will be over 500 this year?

John. Edwards.

grace
07-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I trust that the problem, whatever it was, will be fixed this season.

Reggie is coming out of retirement and Larry will be jettisoned into outer space. :yes::woot2::woohoo:

grace
07-29-2006, 06:24 PM
John. Edwards.

I'm sure John Edwards is good for at least 500 tickets. Oh...you meant above .500 record. My bad. :blush:

Tom White
07-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Reggie is coming out of retirement and Larry will be jettisoned into outer space. :yes::woot2::woohoo:

Larry will, however, land on his feet when he becomes the star of a new futuristic TV cartoon series, titled "The Jettisons".

Unclebuck
07-29-2006, 09:26 PM

I agree, in fact I was going to post the exact same thing. Pacers just need a competant point guard who can shoot and defend.

SoupIsGood
07-29-2006, 09:29 PM
I agree, in fact I was going to post the exact same thing. Pacers just need a competant point guard who can shoot and defend.
:johnson:

j/k

rexnom
07-29-2006, 09:37 PM
:johnson:

j/k
Buck said competent.

Hehe. Now I feel bad.

SoupIsGood
07-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Buck said competent.

Hehe. Now I feel bad.

That's what I was j/k about. :devil:

Robertmto
07-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Antonio Daniels :whistle:

redwillow
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
My top reason is JO. His injuries started when he gained 15 lbs beefing up. Now that he's dropped that weight I think he will be ok. I know he wants to prove that he is a player worth mentioning in the MVP race. I still believe when healthy he is a top 5 player.

Danny Granger will shine this year.

Improved play from Harrison and Sarunas.

We'll finally have a full roster of players to use.

We'll play a faster pace with are new guys that we have while still emphasizing defense.

Some guy that I haven't mentioned yet will have a break-through year. It usually happens every year because Donnie keeps cycling under-rated talent through our roster. For example JO, Ron, Reggie, B Miller, James Jones, Granger, Freddie..ect

Because FSMW tells me god is a Pacer fan.