PDA

View Full Version : For those of us Yearning to See Jax and Tins Traded . . .

McKeyFan
07-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Is there still hope at this point in the summer that Jamaal and Jackson will be moved?

Or, by this time, are the chances pretty low?

Somebody throw me a bone of hope.

Young
07-29-2006, 03:11 PM
I think that there is a good chance Jackson will.

For several reasons.

- High value than Tinsley, IMO. Would be easier to move.
- Less need for Jackson. We just traded Anthony Johnson and right before that we traded for Marquis Daniels and drafted James White and Shawne Williams. We can defiantly afford to trade Jackson for whatever wheres if we deal Tinsley we would certainly need a good point guard in return for him.
- He was booed by Indy fans more than once I believe. I think that this hurt him and I wonder if he made it known that he wouldn't mind a trade out of Indiana. But I think it is hard to keep a guy on your team who gets booed at home. JMO though.

I'm thinking that Jackson will be shopped really hard after we get Al, then we will probably stick with Tinsley and look to dump him at the deadline or at some point during the season.

Jay Ohh
07-29-2006, 03:15 PM
We're pretty much stuck will Jamaal no matter what. Jackson, probably too, but it's more likely he goes than Tinsley, since we're stacked at the wings and weak at PG.

grace
07-29-2006, 03:19 PM
I think there is a better change that Derrick McKey will come out of retirement and lead the Pacers to a NBA Championship.

Lord Helmet
07-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Odds of Jackson being traded: 45%

Odds of Tinsley being traded: 10%

JMO, though.

Unclebuck
07-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Odds of Jackson being traded: 65%
Odds of Tinsley being traded: 50%

ABADays
07-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I don't really want either of them but I would rather keep Jackson than Tinsley. Getting rid of him, his injuries and his attitude are paramount to me.

Sollozzo
07-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Will the majority of fans still consider this summer a successfull one even if both of those guys are still on the team?

ssmall
07-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Not me, i want at least one gone

3rdStrike
07-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Tinsley is a matter of heart. Does he have it? If he has phantom injuries again this season, he's gone. So I don't want him traded right now.

Jackson, when he is completely healthy, well...he isn't very good. So if he isn't good now, the chances that he'll be good tomorrow aren't too hot.

If either is traded, I'd want it to be Jackson, but the closer we get to the start of the season, the more I'm thinking both guys should stay on the team. And at the end of last year, that was out of the question.

Pacers definately cannot trade Tinsley without getting a quality distributor PG in return, and nobody ---- nobody ---- is going to trade that for him at this point.

hoopsforlife
07-29-2006, 04:47 PM
I would like to see Jackson traded. He is the one who is healthy enough to play in the games. I just don't like to watch him. I believe he hurts team play much more than he should and as a result I'd like to see him gone.

Tinsley always get injured, mad or benched and won't be as much a problem as Jax who plays all the time.

I hope their both gone before the season starts.

That said, Tinsley is a great PG and I used to love his ability to run the team. I really like the ball movement when Tins and Saras played together last winter. I think it lasted for almost 1 game. I would still like him if he wasn't injured, benched or mad all the time.

His attitude and demeanor simply reeks. :(

SoupIsGood
07-29-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm still holding out hope.

Jax just stinks. His attitude is horrible and his game isn't all that great either. In this day and age you need guards who can create off the dribble and get to the line consistently and without a crazy amount of turnovers. Jax's horrible decison making and stiff-legged, high dribble just doesn't cut it at SG.

Now, Tinsley only partly stinks. His problem is that he simply doesn't play enough games. His game, if you look past his average defense and athleticism, is just what this team needs. His crafty dribbling makes it so that nearly no one can stay in front of him. If Tinsley had been healthy for this playoffs, his hesitation dribble alone probably would have gotten him to the line a bazillionjillion times.

I could be OK with us keeping Tins and giving him one more chance as long as Jax is traded, and a few other decent moves are made. It'd still be pretty iffy though...

Destined4Greatness
07-29-2006, 05:11 PM
This summer is not a success until we get rid of the guys that the team has a better record without and can't stay healthy.

Lord Helmet
07-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Will the majority of fans still consider this summer a successfull one even if both of those guys are still on the team?
One needs to be gone.

JayRedd
07-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Gut feeling is that Jackson is gone.

Legend and The Don seem to be going to pretty far lengths to improve the chemistry: Bringing in JO's best friend, going over to Tel Aviv to get one of Saras running mate, unloading AJ to send Tins the message that he's "their guy".

I just can't see them keeping Jax given all this. He still has some value left. And, hell, after the AJ/Darrell Armstrong deal (although it turned out to be about $), I wouldn't be surprised to see Jax go for Cliff Robinson.

Destined4Greatness
07-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah because Jax has just destroyed Chemistry in so many ways. Thats why him and JO hang out together outside the team. Sheesh people just spout stuff without any evidence.

If Jack and JO hang out together outside the team, and Jack is the bad influence everybody says he is. Then whats that say about JO, nothing good.

JayRedd
07-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah because Jax has just destroyed Chemistry in so many ways. Thats why him and JO hang out together outside the team. Sheesh people just spout stuff without any evidence.

If Jack and JO hang out together outside the team, and Jack is the bad influence everybody says he is. Then whats that say about JO, nothing good.

At least he's good

Believe_in_blue
07-29-2006, 05:27 PM
I think that there is a good chance Jackson will.

For several reasons.

- High value than Tinsley, IMO. Would be easier to move.
- Less need for Jackson. We just traded Anthony Johnson and right before that we traded for Marquis Daniels and drafted James White and Shawne Williams. We can defiantly afford to trade Jackson for whatever wheres if we deal Tinsley we would certainly need a good point guard in return for him.
- He was booed by Indy fans more than once I believe. I think that this hurt him and I wonder if he made it known that he wouldn't mind a trade out of Indiana. But I think it is hard to keep a guy on your team who gets booed at home. JMO though.

I'm thinking that Jackson will be shopped really hard after we get Al, then we will probably stick with Tinsley and look to dump him at the deadline or at some point during the season.
Tinsley wasn't on the court enough to get booed :-p

ilive4sports
07-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Before the season i dont see either of them being traded. One, Jackson can shoot well. Only way that he will be traded is if its for a shooter or a PG. Two, Tinsley is really our only hope at PG. I dont see Sarunas improving that much to be able to trade Tinsley. Tinsley will only be traded for another PG unless we trade Jackson for one. I dont think either will be traded before the season starts but maybe during the season. Then again your guess is as good as mine.

Destined4Greatness
07-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey Rommie, if you think a team shouldn't keep somebody just becaue a guy gets booed. What are your feelings about A-Rod. An MVP that gets booed, should he be kept.

The amount of boos a player gets should never dictate their availibility.

Jay Ohh
07-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Reasons to get rid of Stephen Jackashot

A)Last time I checked He's not an MVP caliber player. Not even close, meaning he doesn't get the star treatment.
B)He's a scrub
C)The fans hate him
D)He *****es at the refs
E)He can't step up and be a reliable second or even third option

Destined4Greatness
07-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Reasons to get rid of Stephen Jackashot

A)Last time I checked He's not an MVP caliber player. Not even close, meaning he doesn't get the star treatment.
B)He's a scrub
C)The fans hate him
D)He *****es at the refs
E)He can't step up and be a reliable second or even third option

B is incorrect, so is E. So out of the 3 that are true.

A, C, and D.

Well C doesn't matter or else the Yankees would trade A-Rod. Now A and D, they perfectly describe JO as well. So lets get rid of JO. Basically the ones that are true and matter. Would also dictate that we trade JO. I don't know if this is a double standard. Or if you just hope JO is reading this board and gets a warm fuzzy feeling when he reads your posts, IDK.

ABADays
07-29-2006, 07:28 PM

Boy - Jax and JO hang out. JO and Bonzi are best friends. Now there's some ugly indicators.

Destined4Greatness
07-29-2006, 07:40 PM
At least he's good

Sadly he never plays though.

Coop
07-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Now A and D, they perfectly describe JO as well. So lets get rid of JO. Basically the ones that are true and matter. Would also dictate that we trade JO. I don't know if this is a double standard. Or if you just hope JO is reading this board and gets a warm fuzzy feeling when he reads your posts, IDK.

Once Jack starts averaging 20 and 10 and becomes our only legit post presence on offense and defense, I'll start a trade JO bandwagon. Until then, Jack is the one that gets the shaft because he doesn't mean nearly as much to this team as Jermaine does.

Jay Ohh
07-29-2006, 07:48 PM
B is incorrect, so is E. So out of the 3 that are true.

A, C, and D.

Well C doesn't matter or else the Yankees would trade A-Rod. Now A and D, they perfectly describe JO as well. So lets get rid of JO. Basically the ones that are true and matter. Would also dictate that we trade JO. I don't know if this is a double standard. Or if you just hope JO is reading this board and gets a warm fuzzy feeling when he reads your posts, IDK.

JO isn't an MVP caliber player, yet he finished third in MVP voting a couple year back. WTF? Only thing holding Jermaine back have been the freak accidents from rushing back, and the lack of a supporting cast. Other than that he's been the same 20 and 10 guy.

Does he ***** at the refs? Yes. But so does pretty much everyone in the NBA. And the difference between Jermaine and Jack doing it is JO *****es while he's getting back on D. Jack stops and sometimes even tries staring the refs down. And something tells me Donnie and Bird aren'tstupid enough to trade Jermaine just because he complains to the refs, especially when he's still moving and playing, unlike Jax who stops and lets the other team go five on four.