PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Digest Vote: #9 Small Forward

Hicks
07-26-2006, 06:53 PM
The goal of this project is to determine the general consensus on Pacers Digest of who the best players are at each position in the NBA: Center, Power Forward, Small Forward, Shooting Guard, and Point Guard.

However, do not worry about the positions. I have tried to put everyone at their proper position, but what I am trying to do here is vote for the best overall player, at the position I happened to put them. The objective of each poll is to determine the best player listed, not the best pure positional player.

This thread is to vote for best remaining small forward in the NBA. You have 24 hours from the time this thread is posted to vote!

Once each position has 30 players ranked, the project will end, and a final tally will be posted in a new thread.

The top small forwards so far, as voted by Pacers Digest members, are:

#1 LeBron James
#2 Shawn Marion
#3 Tracy McGrady
#4 Ron Artest
#5 Andrei Kirilenko
#6 Carmelo Anthony
#7 Richard Jefferson
#8 Lamar Odom

Today's nominees* for best small forward remaining are

Shane Battier
Bruce Bowen
Luol Deng
Mike Dunleavy
Grant Hill
Josh Howard
Rashard Lewis
Darius Miles
Andres Nocioni
James Posey
Tayshaun Prince
Bobby Simmons
Josh Smith
Peja Stojakovic
Wally Szczerbiak
Gerald Wallace

* I can't please everyone with the position I put certain guys, so the way I see it is this:

If I've made such a colossal mistake, it can easily be corrected by you, the voter. How? I will always have "Other" as an option. All you have to do is vote for it, and state for the record in a reply which player you thought deserved the vote. If the majority of people do this, then that player will still win this poll. It just takes a little more effort then two clicks of the mouse. But if you're too lazy to do that, then you have no right to whine about it later. :-p

317Kim
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm still going with Tayshaun on this one.

SoupIsGood
07-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Josh Howard! :nod:

Robertmto
07-26-2006, 08:00 PM
2nd vote in a row that I went with Prince

Kstat
07-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Prince would have been 5 spots lower on this list last year, but he's come a long way.

AnotherBirdCreation
07-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Josh Howard

rexnom
07-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Prince would have been 5 spots lower on this list last year, but he's come a long way.
Oh yeah. And he's got ways to go too...if he just was a little more selfish and if people would value individual and team defense more.

Hicks
07-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Rashard Lewis is being ignored.

Frank Slade
07-27-2006, 09:34 AM

I noticed that, not sure why. With his numbers, and a post game to boot he is better than 9th overall.

AnotherBirdCreation
07-27-2006, 11:03 AM

Maybe that's because Howard and Prince have been instrumental in taking their teams to The Finals. The only place Lewis might lead the Sonics to is Oklahoma City.

Frank Slade
07-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Maybe that's because Howard and Prince have been instrumental in taking their teams to The Finals. The only place Lewis might lead the Sonics to is Oklahoma City.

1.Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Ben Wallace, McDyess,

2.Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Stackhouse, Daniels, Devin Harris, Dampier. Diop

3. Ray Allen

:chin:

Robertmto
07-27-2006, 04:24 PM
You forgot Ridnour, Fortson and Wilcox.

Everyone on here seems to want Wilcox and IMO Fortson > Diop, Dampier

Kstat
07-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Rashard is a notoriously bad defender, and the biggest 6'10" wuss this side of Toni Kucoc.

I'm sorry, I just can't put him on the list ahead of players that do more than just score.

AnotherBirdCreation
07-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Rashard is a notoriously bad defender, and the biggest 6'10" wuss this side of Toni Kucoc.

I'm sorry, I just can't put him on the list ahead of players that do more than just score.

Thank you. The guy is a bum. I'll take Granger or Al over him any day.