PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Digest Vote: #9 Power Forward

Hicks
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
The goal of this project is to determine the general consensus on Pacers Digest of who the best players are at each position in the NBA: Center, Power Forward, Small Forward, Shooting Guard, and Point Guard.

However, do not worry about the positions. I have tried to put everyone at their proper position, but what I am trying to do here is vote for the best overall player, at the position I happened to put them. The objective of each poll is to determine the best player listed, not the best pure positional player.

This thread is to vote for the best remaining power forward in the NBA. You have 24 hours from the time this thread is posted to vote!

Once each position has 30 players ranked, the project will end, and a final tally will be posted in a new thread.

The top power forwards so far, as voted by Pacers Digest members, are:

#1 Tim Duncan
#2 Kevin Garnett
#3 Dirk Nowitzki
#4 Elton Brand
#5 Jermaine O'Neal
#6 Chris Bosh
#7 Rasheed Wallace
#8 Pau Gasol

Today's nominees* for best power forward remaining are:

Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Carlos Boozer
Boris Diaw
Channing Frye
Drew Gooden
Al Harrington
Antawn Jamison
Kenyon Martin
Troy Murphy
Emeka Okafor
Mehmet Okur
Vladimir Radmanovic
Zach Randolph
Tim Thomas
Charlie Villanueva
Antoine Walker
Chris Webber
David West

* I can't please everyone with the position I put certain guys, so the way I see it is this:

If I've made such a colossal mistake, it can easily be corrected by you, the voter. How? I will always have "Other" as an option. All you have to do is vote for it, and state for the record in a reply which player you thought deserved the vote. If the majority of people do this, then that player will still win this poll. It just takes a little more effort then two clicks of the mouse. But if you're too lazy to do that, then you have no right to whine about it later. :-p

317Kim
07-26-2006, 07:19 PM
C-Webb.

Robertmto
07-26-2006, 08:01 PM
This is an easy one for me - its Jamison.

tdubb03
07-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Toss up between Jamison and Murphy for me. But I went with Murphy. He's a Notre Dame product (so I'm a homer), and about as close as you can get to a guarenteed double double.

Kstat
07-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Gota be Diaw.

AesopRockOn
07-26-2006, 09:40 PM
a lot of small forwards on this list

Robertmto
07-26-2006, 11:10 PM
a lot of small forwards on this list

like who? And Murphy better than Jamison - LMAO

rexnom
07-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Diaw is the most talented player on this list by far. And since we're voting just who the best player is as opposed to who plays the position best, I'm going with Diaw.

AnotherBirdCreation
07-27-2006, 04:49 AM
BABY AL

AesopRockOn
07-27-2006, 08:36 AM
like who? And Murphy better than Jamison - LMAO

Antoine Walker Shareef Abdur-Rahim Channing Frye Al Harrington Antawn Jamison Vladimir Radmanovic Charlie Villanueva and Other
(at least tweeners is what I meant)

Hicks
07-27-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm not on the Diaw bandwagon. What does he even really do? I admit when I watched PHO my eyes were on Nash and Marion, but he never stood out enough to make me shift my gaze, either.

Secondly, my how far Randolph's stock has fallen.

JayRedd
07-27-2006, 09:55 AM
my how far Randolph's stock has fallen.

Microfracture surgery. It seems to kill everyone it happens too. I still voted for him, but he was a BEAST two years ago, and now is categorized as closer to Shareef Abdur Rahim-status than Elton Brand.

Look what it did to JKidd's stock too.

Amare may never be the same.

Since86
07-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Microfracture surgery. It seems to kill everyone it happens too. I still voted for him, but he was a BEAST two years ago, and now is categorized as closer to Shareef Abdur Rahim-status than Elton Brand.

Look what it did to JKidd's stock too.

Amare may never be the same.

Killed him? He put up 18 and 8 this year.

He's production fell of .9pts and 1.6rbs.

JayRedd
07-27-2006, 10:43 AM

Killed his stock, I meant.

And slowed him a little. I'm just saying that I thought he'd be a Top 5 PF in this league for the better part of the decade.

He's still one of the better post-up players in the League, but the lasting effects of microfracture seem to hinder consistency and ability to go hard every night than skill. For example, CWebb still puts up averages that would make you think he's an absolutely elite guy in this league, but if you watch him game to game, you see flashes of his old self and other nights where he is just limping up and down the court.

Even so, I've voted for Zach since #8. But if you look at his night-to-night box scores, his average of 18 comes from games that go 27, 12, 26, 14, 33, 28, 15, 10 more so than him giving you a "Groundhog Day" like output on the nightly. Could have something to do with being in Portland as well. And his injury wasn't nearly of the severity that Kenyon Martin or Allan Houston had to go through, but like JKidd, I think it's going to result in his best days being behind him, and I doubt I'll ever see the 24/12 season averages that I thought he was capable of.

Still a LOAD on the block though.

Slick Pinkham
07-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Look at C-Webb's numbers last season. Compare them to others on the list.

I know he is old, but he played a lot this past year and he produced big time.

rexnom
07-27-2006, 12:23 PM

I agree...what killed Zach Randolph's stock doesn't have much to do with his numbers.

rexnom
07-27-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm not on the Diaw bandwagon. What does he even really do? I admit when I watched PHO my eyes were on Nash and Marion, but he never stood out enough to make me shift my gaze, either.

Secondly, my how far Randolph's stock has fallen.
Really? Diaw became one of favorite players to watch around the second minute I first saw him with Phoenix. He is easily one of the more talented players on this list (not of this bunch left, of the whole list).

Kstat
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Diaw is one of the most versatile big men in the NBA, period.

IMO he's better than anyone else on this list.