PDA

View Full Version : Pittsnogle a Celtic

Dr. Goldfoot
07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Here (http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press072606-pittsnogle.html)

Guess some of you guys can mark him off the list of guys you want the Pacers to sign.

BoomBaby31
07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
I saw that; I wish we could at least gave him a workout or something.

Evan_The_Dude
07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Who?

Tyrion
07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
I actually really think that he could end up being Brad Miller with better range within a few year. He will take a couple years to learn to play in the NBA though.

CableKC
07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Who?

Kevin Pitssnogle....a bigger version of Croshere....minus the rebounding.

BoomBaby31
07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
You don't know who Pittsnogle is? I mean come'on how can you forget a name like Pitsnogle. lol

Frank Slade
07-26-2006, 05:25 PM
You don't know who Pittsnogle is? I mean come'on how can you forget a name like Pitsnogle. lol

Well some just watch the NBA only, but Yes if you followed the last few NCAA Tournaments you know who he is...

JayRedd
07-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Well some just watch the NBA only, but Yes if you followed the last few NCAA Tournaments you know who he is...

....And you also know that he has the worst tattos this side of that ridiculous "RJ" on Richard Jefferson's arm.

Diamond Dave
07-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I've been a Pacers fan since 1985. I started frequenting this board and the INDYSTAR board a few days after Ronnie demaded to be traded. I thought maybe I would find some information. I got hooked and continued to check each board a couple of times a day. Your negativity has rubbed off on me. It's everybody from the "respected" Uncle Buck to the "*******es" Rofer and Fortez.

The majority of the posters on these two boards don't know ****. You guys love JO one day and hate him the next. You love Mel Mel one day and he's the goat the next. Rick is the problem today and Runi not getting enough minutes the next. "Stephen Jackson sucks". "Eddie Gill should never see the court before Jasikevicius". "Danny Granger is better than Artest on D". "Who should be traded? Everyone except Granger and Foster."

People quote stats but leave out the negative ones that don't jive with their point of view. People refer to three games instead of the 500 a player has played. Instead of ragging on a player, another poster, the coach, "TPTB", whether USA basketball is better than Euroleague(which it is by the way), and who has more respect within the Pacers message board community, you should learn how to spell, use proper tense and get a life.

I'm out ...never to return...

So have fun at your Nerdherd Party on March 31st. I have a question for you.

Why are we here on a Friday night discussing the Pacers?
<!-- / message -->

Umm.....:confused:

Never = 3 1/2 months?

GO!!!!!
07-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Nice pickup.... we'll see how he turns out but a two year min contract is no biggie for the Celts... i like him but we'll see

tdubb03
07-26-2006, 07:05 PM
I like his game. Too bad he's going to the horrible Celtics.

Robertmto
07-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Could be a Raef type player off of the bench.

Slick Pinkham
07-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Could be a Raef type player off of the bench.

You do realize that when Raef was young he was one of the top shot-blockers and also a half-decent rebounder, right? The knee injuries have taken much of that away.

Pittsnogle doesn't rebound a lick and I'm not aware that he has defended anybody either, and can't jump over a piece of paper.

I thought he'd be a decent second round pick and then a decent free agent pickup due to his perimeter shot, but he is a long way from Raef. He was awful in summer league, though, FWIW.

Bruno Sundov can apparently shoot the lights out too. The fates of Bruno and Pits may be more similar.

Naptown_Seth
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I saw that; I wish we could at least gave him a workout or something.His summer ball was less than impressive with Miami. I liked his outside shot from a front line guy and he struck me as a player that could step up when needed, but he didn't show much when he needed to.

6 rebounds in 58 minutes, 32% FG and 31% 3P...not exactly Earl Barron there.

Good for him that Boston is taking a chance, but I'm not that sold that the Pacers lost out despite being interested in him (me) before the draft.

Coop
07-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Novak has signed with the Rockets also. Don't know if that's been posted but both Novak and Pits were two guys I thought should get a look from Indiana. Personally, I feel like Novak will have a better career. He'll also probably going to be a better situation in Houston and will have a better chance to contribute.

SoupIsGood
07-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Umm.....:confused:

Never = 3 1/2 months?

:laugh:

Robertmto
07-26-2006, 11:17 PM
You do realize that when Raef was young he was one of the top shot-blockers and also a half-decent rebounder, right? The knee injuries have taken much of that away.

Pittsnogle doesn't rebound a lick and I'm not aware that he has defended anybody either, and can't jump over a piece of paper.

I thought he'd be a decent second round pick and then a decent free agent pickup due to his perimeter shot, but he is a long way from Raef. He was awful in summer league, though, FWIW.

Bruno Sundov can apparently shoot the lights out too. The fates of Bruno and Pits may be more similar.

i did mean the Raef of the last few years.

Wu-Gambino
07-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Do you think they'll make these in green?

http://mountainlair.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/PittsnogledFrontL.jpg