View Full Version : TNT's top 10 in-game dunks in NBA history

Slick Pinkham
07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Apologies if this has been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvCifZcbb-s&search=top%2010

LINK FIXED!!

:cool:

----------------------------------------------------------
followup: posterizing Shawn Bradley (warning for language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPstztPkLA&search=shawn%20bradley

Jimmy
07-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow, those dunks are definetly really nice........I checked out a link from that and it showed the top 10 alley oops of all time.................niiiiicccee........one was of a bounce pass alley oop from nearly half court which was incredible. good find, kinda makes me feel bad we don't have fred anymore!!!

Pacersfan46
07-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't see any TNT dunk thing on there. I saw the Shawn Bradley thing.

Jimmy
07-25-2006, 11:57 PM
I don't see any TNT dunk thing on there. I saw the Shawn Bradley thing.

yah, the link doesn't go right to it...........just go to search and put top 10 dunks and it should have many different things to choose from, they're all basically the same. try to find the one that's top 10 dunks as well as top 10 alley oops. that's the best

Pacersfan46
07-26-2006, 12:03 AM
I thought about that, and I'm being lazy ... but the Shawn Bradley one was linked directly, but the one that the topic is started over isn't. Kinda weird. lol

Naptown_Seth
07-26-2006, 12:03 AM
The link didn't work for me either, but I just searched TNT dunk and found it quickly. I had watched Inside the NBA when they gave this list at the time.

Dr. J, rock the cradle, MJ tip-toe, and Stark's from the wing are my favs. I hated Starks but that moment was so emotionally powerful between the teams and you just didn't expect it.

Of course another dunk that didn't make the list but could have if you go by impact/emotion/surprise would be Reggie's more-OT dunk against the Nets. Reggie tied and won a lot of games, but only once was it with a dunk.

Jimmy
07-26-2006, 12:13 AM
As a kid i loved shawn Kemp and always watched him on t.v. but i don't remember his game or any of his insane plays. His athletiscism is ridiculous! I believe his dunk was #5. does anyone remember Isiah riders backwards 3's going out of bounds???? I know he did 2 but the best one was when he sprinted for a loose ball going into the stands, caught it last second, tossed it completely backwards jumping into the stands, NOTHING BUT NET!:-o the best play i've ever seen. They have his other one on youtube as well. Just put in Isiah rider(or J.R. rider) and theres like a 4 minute tribute to him and the last one is the lesser of his 2 backwards 3's. Pretty cool if you got some time.

Slick Pinkham
07-26-2006, 07:55 AM
I fixed the link now--sorry.

LG33
07-26-2006, 11:11 AM
I believe the new guy, James White, is a pretty decent dunker himself. Plus, Sarunas has mad hops...I think I saw him touch the net once...

Slick Pinkham
07-26-2006, 11:20 AM
I love the Dr. J windmill, but I'd be willing to bet that he had several ABA dunks better than that one. His knees were going by the time he reached the NBA. But since very few ABA games were televised, and there was no ESPN, it's only in the memory of us old farts.

bulletproof
07-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Eh. The Dawkins and Dr. J dunks were the most memorable.

ChicagoJ
07-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Its a shame that Julius' dunk was #2.

Does anybody else cringe at the no-call on Carter's Olympic dunk. Do you really think he could get that high without his left hand pushing down Weiss' shoulder? It should be DQ'ed for the offensive foul.

Bball
07-26-2006, 12:11 PM

Does anybody else cringe at the no-call on Carter's Olympic dunk. Do you really think he could get that high without his left hand pushing down Weiss' shoulder? It should be DQ'ed for the offensive foul.

No whistle... no foul...
I guess...

-Bball

Slick Pinkham
07-26-2006, 12:28 PM

I loved the TNT commentary, in case you watched with sound off.

Kenny Smith and Barkley agreed that the Carter dunk shouldn't be number 1 since it was in the Olympics, and basically said that jumping over Europeans "shouldn't count" and should be expected!

pizza guy
07-26-2006, 02:06 PM
As amazing as the Carter dunk was, Dr. J and Vinsanity should be switched. Some awesome stuff there, though.

travmil
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
My vote goes to either the Kevin Johnson dunk over Hakeem, or the John Starks dunk over the entire Bulls team. Both are very impressive.

Kemp's dunk where he squatted pointed after was great just because of that.

LG33
07-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Did any of you guys see Diana Taurasi's dunk at WNBA All-Star weekend...err, All-Star Wednesday? Now that was magical.