PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Trade SJax/Tinsley (or both) for one of following bad contracts

Chauncey
07-25-2006, 06:26 PM
For those that think its a good idea to trade them no matter what, here's your chance. I think its likely that the only way these guys get dealt is if the Pacers take on a bad contract in the package

Trader Joe
07-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Ill trade em for Francis.

vapacersfan
07-25-2006, 06:37 PM
I wouldnt touch any of them except for Stevie Franchise

Chauncey
07-25-2006, 06:39 PM
I hate to throw this out there so early..don't want to throw off the poll too much..but everyone should think about how valuable the contracts of Francis and Marbury will be as trade bait two years from now when the Pacers could send them to a team thats trying to clear salary and get a couple of young players.

rexnom
07-25-2006, 06:50 PM
I hate to throw this out there so early..don't want to throw off the poll too much..but everyone should think about how valuable the contracts of Francis and Marbury will be as trade bait two years from now when the Pacers could send them to a team thats trying to clear salary and get a couple of young players.
That's a good point. Basically, if we decided that it's not going to work with this group of players it would be easy to rebuild later.

I would actually like Francis. His contract is just horrible but I think he deserves another chance. He is not lazy or anything and isn't as much of a ballhog as people think. He was just placed in a horrible situation in both Orlando and NY. I'd think we could have a great backcourt with Marquis and Francis.

Chauncey
07-25-2006, 06:54 PM
BTW, also want to point out a couple other things...3 of these guys are Knicks..and not just because its funnier that way. I think Isiah would have an actual interest in bringing Tinsley on board. Its shocking, I know, but this is Isiah we're talking about and maybe he thinks Tinsley won't make up phony sinus infections if he's playing in MSG.

ARTESTINMYHEART
07-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I actually like Stephen Marbury as a basketball player and I think Steve Francis has a lot of talent but does not know how to use others around him to make them better...but saying that, I would take Marbury for Tinsley/Jackson just because Marbury is so talented and I consider him a Superstar. He just hasn't had the right team around him to succeed and win at a high level.

Los Angeles
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Francis.

Kegboy
07-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Can I have a post deleted too? I feel so left out.

:kickcan:

BlueNGold
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
What a cast of horrors. Francis would not be a bad trade, but the others are awful. I would stand pat and bring a shrink in along with Daddy Darrell.

ARTESTINMYHEART
07-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Having Marbury or Francis wouldn't be too bad...we would be getting Superstar PG's in return that can compliment Jermaine pretty well...but saying that, a healthy Tinsley and a warrior in Jackson is what we need for the following season.

Will Galen
07-25-2006, 07:18 PM
I voted for Steve Francis . . . however on second thought no.

Stephen Jackson 6,120,000 + Jamaal Tinsley $5,850,000 = $11,970,000 + $100,000 = $12,070,000.

Steve Frances $15,070,000. We would have to add $3m in cash, or more players to make up the difference.

EDIT; On third thought I would do it if we could just add the cash.

bulldog
07-25-2006, 07:26 PM
OK, so I said Randolph and Martin, and immediately regret it.

I was think that getting that much talent back would be too good to pass up, and at worst we could ship them out in a few months. But with those contracts, they'd be impossible to move. How do I cancel my vote?

Will Galen
07-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Thinking about it some more, if we could make it a three way with Denver I would like it even more.

Denver gets Tins and Jax.
NY gets Martin.
We get Francis.

I'm off to a trade checker to see if that works.

Hey I think that would work if we added the cash. I'd do it! It works if you don't add destinations.

AnotherBirdCreation
07-25-2006, 07:36 PM
I voted for Steve Francis . . . however on second thought no.

Stephen Jackson 6,120,000 + Jamaal Tinsley $5,850,000 = $11,970,000 + $100,000 = $12,070,000.

Steve Frances $15,070,000. We would have to add $3m in cash, or more players to make up the difference.

EDIT; On third thought I would do it if we could just add the cash.

No, contracts just have to be either within 20 or 25% plus $100,000 of matching now. This trade works either way.

CableKC
07-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Again....yet another.....choose the "lesser of two evils" scenarios.

Will Galen
07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
No, contracts just have to be either within 20 or 25% plus $100,000 of matching now. This trade works either way.
I know that! Duh!

I thought I checked to see if it worked but obviously I didn't!

jjbjjbjjb
07-25-2006, 07:51 PM
:arrgh: I'd keep them (is that a surprise given the new avatar?) -- with a second choice of Francis.

I would like to see Jack and Tins in the new environment, with the several new players and I think some new hope, before I would give up on them. They will be pushed in camp to keep their jobs, even more so in coming years. I would be perfectly happy with them being outcompeted internally for the job. But they are a tough, talented pair of guys, and Jack for sure deserves better than he's gotten from our fans.

Francis has the shortest contract, is a scorer and playmaker, and he's got loads of ability and isn't (from what I know) a problem waiting to happen. With all the talent we'd have in place around him (unlike in Orlando and NY), not to mention a winning tradition, he would feel a LOT of pressure to distribute the ball and not be a one-man show. So I would welcome Stevie Franchise.

Very good poll, Chauncey. :cheers:

SoupIsGood
07-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Lord, I don't think their value is that low. You have them up there with some of the worst contracts in the league.

And what happened to this thread?

Robertmto
07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Gotta be Franchise - he's the best of the bunch. And i wonder what all those deleted posts were?

BoomBaby31
07-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Bring in Steve Fran... we need a pg bad.

SycamoreKen
07-26-2006, 12:05 AM
I picked the just keep 'em option. None of those players impress me that much.

I wondered if someone got booted over the deleted posts and the "character" thread answered it.

The Hustler
07-26-2006, 04:31 AM
Any of the Franchise, Q.Rich if we could get him for Tax, if not keep em both ... i wouldnt go near Marbury K.Mart or randolph if we ahve to give up both players ... (including what appears is going to be our starting PG)

ChicagoJ
07-26-2006, 11:05 AM
I picked the just keep 'em option. None of those players impress me that much.

I wondered if someone got booted over the deleted posts and the "character" thread answered it.

It had more to do with the unauthorized "breaking-and-entering" under a different name. But the deleted (offensive and vulgar) posts and the "character" thread served as immediate reminders as to why Sassan has been permanently banned in the first place.

I'm sure we'll go through this again the next time(s) he tries to sneak back in under a bogus name. Too bad for us that this effort wasn't as funny/ pathetic as "Earl."

SycamoreKen
07-26-2006, 11:17 AM
It had more to do with the unauthorized "breaking-and-entering" under a different name. But the deleted (offensive and vulgar) posts and the "character" thread served as immediate reminders as to why Sassan has been permanently banned in the first place.

I'm sure we'll go through this again the next time(s) he tries to sneak back in under a bogus name. Too bad for us that this effort wasn't as funny/ pathetic as "Earl."

He always tried to give the impression that he had too much going on to bother with this stuff. Guess he will never grow up. He could actually be a decent contributor if he set his mind to it.

LoneGranger33
07-26-2006, 11:24 AM
If Q-Rich could prove that he could shoot again, yea, I'd trade him for Jackson...not Tinsley though...Jamaal is really good, he's like a smaller version of Jonathan Bender

sig
07-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Seems like NY would like to get K-Mart. Denver seems to want an expiring contract. The Knick owner doesn't want any added long term contracts so there is an impass there. If Denver could be convinced to take Jax and Tins, maybe a 3 way deal with K-Mart to NY and Francis to Indy could be done. Maybe Denver might think it is easier to move Jax and/or Tins down the road than K-Mart.

Slick Pinkham
07-26-2006, 01:05 PM
The bad contact I would take is Juwan Howard from the Rockets, straight up for Jax.

3 years, 20.7 million.

At least the fans on clutch city seem every bit as willing to part with Howard as we are with Jax.

Juwan Howard for Jax.

we get another big body who is probably better than Scot and who defenders must respect. His contract is one year shorter than Jax's.

CableKC
07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
As a backup Big Man...I wouldn't mind Juwan. The only thing that I am concerened about is his price given that will be 34 by the end of the season and has a contract that lasts until the 2008-2009 season that tops off at 7+ mil.

Since we are throwing out a list of unwanted players....I would like to add StroSwift.....he may have a low Basketball IQ....but he's athletic, rebounds, block shots and is relatively cheap for a Big Man PF....at 5-6.2 mil a year for the next 3 seasons. I doubt that the Griz would want a player like SJax or Tinsley...but maybe a 3-team swap...maybe with Denver now that AI is off the table? :zip:

Tyrion
07-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Howard is someone that I hadn't really thought about, but I think that he would fit in really well with our offense and defense.

OTD
07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Make Rick set on Jax everytime He steps out of line bring him to the bench. If he start to screem and hollar at Rick Rick shoul bench him, he don't have to be afraid of Jax. Just thought and if one or two or more the players would step up and help Jax is a very good bal players but needs some one to keep him in line

OTD
07-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Make Rick set on Jax everytime He steps out of line bring him to the bench. If he start to screem and hollar at Rick Rick should bench him, he don't have to be afraid of Jax. Just thought and if one or two or more the players would step up and help Jax is a very good ball player but needs some one to keep him in line

NorCal_Pacerfan
07-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I can't believe anyone would want Francis as a Pacer. No thanks.

DisplacedKnick
07-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm not votng in the poll (this is for Pacers fans) but obviously if you deal Tinsley you gotta get a PG back.

Q for SJax is something you'd need to consider. They're very similar players - streak shooters and good defenders but Q's not a headcase and Indy doesn't hate him. The back's an issue but wasn't a problem last year.

JayRedd
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm not votng in the poll (this is for Pacers fans) but obviously if you deal Tinsley you gotta get a PG back.

Q for SJax is something you'd need to consider. They're very similar players - streak shooters and good defenders but Q's not a headcase and Indy doesn't hate him. The back's an issue but wasn't a problem last year.

The back and other injuries were a concern at times, although some of the 27 games he missed were DNPs - Coach's Decision after he seemed to fall out of favor with Larry Brown.

What was a GINORMOUS problem last year though was his simply atrocious shooting. 36% from the floor is unacceptable. His rebounding was way down too.

I know it's tough to judge a guy's stats that played on the only team in the league that was more of a mess than us, but I just don't think Q is a very good basketball player. Not anymore anyway.

I think maybe he's just taken too many fists to the head.

JayRedd
07-26-2006, 05:40 PM
And personally, I would do the Francis deal. But the Simons would not given the luxury tax. (Assuming Harrington is coming)

Haggard
07-29-2006, 10:46 PM
A while ago i would of gone with Kenyon Martin, but he has become too injury plaged and isn't the same player he was at the nets and given ourt current situation (When and if Al comes on board) we need a point guard and either Francis or Marbury would do. Probably Francis over Marbury

redwillow
07-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Jamaal is really good, he's like a smaller version of Jonathan Bender

Injury wise mabey.

Young
07-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Getting Francis or Marbury for Jackson/Tinsley would be great because both Francis and Marbury are all star talents.

I would probably take either one of them for Jackson/Tinsley for a number of reasons:

- Lesser years on their contracts than Jackson/Tinsley.
- Good players. Marbury has averaged 20-8 for his career, he is not the ball hog that some people say he is IMO. Francis is a guy who can easily average 20-7-7 and is a triple double threat every night. Not the natural point guard that Marbury is but with Marquis in the backcourt maybe that will help out Franchis a lot?
- Even if Marbury/Francis are headcases we trade 2 for 1. Why not do the deal?

I think that it would be a good trade for us. We defiantly can not get a better talent for Jackson/Tinsley than Marbury or Francis.

The more I think about it, the more I want to do it.

The concern for me though is the attitudes of Marbury and Francis. I know they have reputations as having bad attitudes but I don't know why, yet they have been traded enough to make me wonder. Yet because we trade two players with that same reputation for one i'd do it.

Either one would be a good move though. Especially when you consider how Stern is having the refs call games, can you imagne how many times Marbury and especially Francis would get to the line if they were on the Pacers where they would be a top two or three opition? Man oh man I can see it now.

I defiantly don't want to keep our point guard situation as is so go for it Larry.