PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Digest Vote: #8 Point Guard

Hicks
07-25-2006, 04:31 PM
The goal of this project is to determine the general consensus on Pacers Digest of who the best players are at each position in the NBA: Center, Power Forward, Small Forward, Shooting Guard, and Point Guard.

However, do not worry about the positions. I have tried to put everyone at their proper position, but what I am trying to do here is vote for the best overall player, at the position I happened to put them. The objective of each poll is to determine the best player listed, not the best pure positional player.

This thread is to vote for the best remaining point guard in the NBA. You have 24 hours from the time this thread is posted to vote!

Once each position has 30 players ranked, the project will end, and a final tally will be posted in a new thread.

The top point guards so far, as voted by Pacers Digest members, are:

#1 Steve Nash
#2 Allen Iverson
#3 Gilbert Arenas
#4 Chris Paul
#5 Chauncey Billups
#6 Jason Kidd
#7 Tony Parker

Today's nominees* for best point guard remaining are:

Mike Bibby
Sam Cassell
Baron Davis
T.J. Ford
Steve Francis
Devin Harris
Kirk Hinrich
Allen Iverson
Mike James
Brevin Knight
Shaun Livingston
Stephon Marbury
Andre Miller
Jameer Nelson
Luke Ridnour
Jason Terry
Jamaal Tinsley
Delonte West
Deron Williams
Jason Williams

* I can't please everyone with the position I put certain guys, so the way I see it is this:

If I've made such a colossal mistake, it can easily be corrected by you, the voter. How? I will always have "Other" as an option. All you have to do is vote for it, and state for the record in a reply which player you thought deserved the vote. If the majority of people do this, then that player will still win this poll. It just takes a little more effort then two clicks of the mouse. But if you're too lazy to do that, then you have no right to whine about it later. :-p

Robertmto
07-25-2006, 05:35 PM
STILL voting for Kirk

SycamoreKen
07-25-2006, 05:48 PM
if i had to take a guy off the list to start for me today, it has to be Sam i Am.

317Kim
07-25-2006, 06:09 PM
I went with Baron this time.

Kegboy
07-25-2006, 06:10 PM
:gill:

:mob:

AnotherBirdCreation
07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Baron Davis over The Jet? I guess making The Finals doesn't mean jack these days. Still voting for Terry.

Fireball Kid
07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
I picked Sam.

grace
07-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Fess up Chauncey, croz24, ESutt7, grace, Horseman872, kshay, Robertmto, and Will Galen: you all voted for Kirk just to see who I'll vote for next.

Robertmto
07-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Fess up Chauncey, croz24, ESutt7, grace, Horseman872, kshay, Robertmto, and Will Galen: you all voted for Kirk just to see who I'll vote for next.

Come on Grace; I've been voting Kirk since #5

grace
07-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Come on Grace; I've been voting Kirk since #5

So you're not as slow as the rest of them.

Robertmto
07-25-2006, 10:10 PM
So you're not as slow as the rest of them.

:happy:

SycamoreKen
07-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Baron Davis over The Jet? I guess making The Finals doesn't mean jack these days. Still voting for Terry.

Maybe it has something to do with him missing that wide open 3 at the end of the last game.

Robertmto
07-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Maybe it has something to do with him missing that wide open 3 at the end of the last game.

Maybe its because basketball is a team game and as a pure PG Terry >> B Diddy

Hicks
07-26-2006, 01:25 AM

Dirk Nowitzki may have had something to do with him being in the finals.

Robertmto
07-26-2006, 01:27 AM

Just a lil bit.

rexnom
07-26-2006, 03:51 AM
But, on the flipside, Dirk wouldn't have been able to make it if Terry didn't pull a "Bibby in the '02 playoffs" kind of playoffs for the Mavs. Imagine what this team would have been like without Terry after losing Nash. And for those of you thinking that Harris is better than Terry, Harris never went for more than 11 after exploding for 30 in one Spurs game. Also, he couldn't make a jump shoot to save his own life so everyone backed off of him. The only reason lanes were open was because of their fear of Terry who was hitting unreal stuff in the playoffs.

SycamoreKen
07-26-2006, 10:37 AM

I agree with you there. Davis may have more assists, but I wouldn't want him on my team. Kind of the same reason I didn't vote for R. Wallace in the other thread.

JayRedd
07-26-2006, 11:55 AM
I agree with you there. Davis may have more assists, but I wouldn't want him on my team. Kind of the same reason I didn't vote for R. Wallace in the other thread.

And whether this poll is supposed to or not, I just cannot bring myself to ignore the injury issues of Baron Davis. The guy makes JO look like Cal Ripken.

Since86
07-26-2006, 01:02 PM

Terry isn't even the Mavs starting PG, and you're calling him a pure PG?

Oh my, that's rich.:laugh: