PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Digest Vote: #8 Shooting Guard

Hicks
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
The goal of this project is to determine the general consensus on Pacers Digest of who the best players are at each position in the NBA: Center, Power Forward, Small Forward, Shooting Guard, and Point Guard.

However, do not worry about the positions. I have tried to put everyone at their proper position, but what I am trying to do here is vote for the best overall player, at the position I happened to put them. The objective of each poll is to determine the best player listed, not the best pure positional player.

This thread is to vote for the best remaining shooting guard in the NBA. You have 24 hours from the time this thread is posted to vote!

Once each position has 30 players ranked, the project will end, and a final tally will be posted in a new thread.

The top shooting guards so far, as voted by Pacers Digest members, are:

#1 Kobe Bryant
#2 Dwyane Wade
#3 Paul Pierce
#4 Ray Allen
#5 Vince Carter
#6 Manu Ginobili
#7 Richard Hamilton

Today's nominees* for best shooting guard remaining are:

Raja Bell
Caron Butler
Ricky Davis
Ben Gordon
Larry Hughes
Andre Iguodala
Stephen Jackson
Joe Johnson
Corey Maggette
Desmond Mason
Mike Miller
Cuttino Mobley
Morris Peterson
Michael Redd
Jason Richardson
Jerry Stackhouse
Hedo Turkoglu
Bonzi Wells

* I can't please everyone with the position I put certain guys, so the way I see it is this:

If I've made such a colossal mistake, it can easily be corrected by you, the voter. How? I will always have "Other" as an option. All you have to do is vote for it, and state for the record in a reply which player you thought deserved the vote. If the majority of people do this, then that player will still win this poll. It just takes a little more effort then two clicks of the mouse. But if you're too lazy to do that, then you have no right to whine about it later. :-p

317Kim
07-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Michael Redd or Joe Johnson....

...Redd it is!

Robertmto
07-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Went with Butler here.

SycamoreKen
07-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Joe Johnson, but forgot Redd was there. I like johnson's all around game.

microwave_oven
07-25-2006, 11:24 PM
I think Richardson is the better package as far as overall skill goes. He inches out Redd.

AesopRockOn
07-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Redd = All Star

LoneGranger33
07-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I go to school in Boston and I've seen Ricky play many times...if he wasn't such a pothead he'd surely be a great player (his stats aren't that bad as is)