PDA

View Full Version : Devean George looks to sign with the Mavs

Frank Slade
07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Former Laker George negotiating with Mavs

11:07 PM CDT on Monday, July 24, 2006
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

The Mavericks are working on details of a contract that will lock up former Los Angeles Laker Devean George.

The 6-8, free-agent forward was a vital part of the Lakers' championship teams with Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant. That experience is what has the Mavericks excited about the possibility of landing him with a veteran's minimum contract, about $1.2 million guaranteed.

George averaged 6.3 points and 3.9 rebounds last season, playing 71 games.

The Mavericks on Monday finalized the trade that brings backup point guard Anthony Johnson to the team for Darrell Armstrong, Josh Powell and Rawle Marshall. Even if Powell and Marshall are waived by the Pacers, they will not be returning to Dallas.

The Mavericks, according to Johnson, believe that a veteran with NBA Finals experience will better serve them at this point than young projects. George would fit that billing.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/072506dnspomavsgeorge.13af296.html

Slick Pinkham
07-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Nice value at the veteran's minimum, but he's strictly a SF so we had no need.

rexnom
07-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Jesus, the Mavs are making a nice run during the off-season. They should be favorites coming into next year. No spectacular moves, just solid moves to improve their bench.

Moses
07-25-2006, 12:26 PM
The mavs have so much depth coming into this season.

I wouldn't put to much credit into it though because we were DEEP this season and sucked pretty bad.

Jon Theodore
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Going into last season me and all my buddies were banking on the heat winning the title. We didn't like it, but when you looked at the roster they had going into this year it was hard to say they weren't gonna win it all (i never bought into that whole no chemistry thing, they had shaq)

Anyhow, going into this coming season Dallas looks like it has the best roster. Josh Howard is going to be better and they might have the most solid PG rotation in the league with JT, Devin, and AJ.

They are what you call a DEEP team. Let the built for regular season replies begin.

Fireball Kid
07-25-2006, 04:33 PM
:thumbsup: