PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wells to be on WNDE 1260 before 4pm ET.

Frank Slade
07-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Just an FYI WNDE (http://www.wnde.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html) :wells:

Should be on just after the 3:30 break.
----------------------------------------------------------
Mike is on now

Kegboy
07-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Wells:

- very big risk to rely on Tinsley. Cabbage not experienced, Armstrong old, Daniels ain't a true point.

- believes couldn't trade Jamaal.

- JT worked out in Indy, TPTB said he looked good, but they say that every summer. Wells ain't buying it until he sees it.

- thinks Jack will start over Quis. If it's Jamaal/Quis starting, teams will sag cause neither can hit a 3 to save their life.

- Fred didn't prove himself this year.

- doesn't believe Pacers will give up any players for Al.

- chemistry questions with getting rid of AJ/Cro, keeping Tinsley/Jack, VERY IMMATURE TEAM LAST YEAR.

- JO noticably slimmer, working on quickness, can his body hold up playing 5.

- Pollard may not get a deal until September.

JMV: Tinsley at 1 "big time roll of the dice".

Frank Slade
07-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Same stuff so far as the WTHR interview last night. AJ out to avoid controversy, Tinsley most talented of the three when healthy etc..

Sarunas could be the next odd man out if another PG is moved.

btowncolt
07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Nothing new or interesting.

Voiced the concerns many have been having about bringing Tinsley and Jackson back when it was evident most fans want them both gone.

Wondered when Kegboy was going to re-up his season tickets.

Said Jermaine had slimmed down noticeably.

They had to make a choice between AJ and Tinsley in the locker room, and they couldn't find anyone to take Tinsley.

Fred wasn't really expected back for a while. His work ethic impressed no one.

Shaggy
07-24-2006, 04:05 PM
My 2cents: I am liking Mike Wells. He speaks his mind and has an opinion when he does. Not saying I agree with everything he says, but he isn't MM Part 2.

Kegboy
07-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Wondered when Kegboy was going to re-up his season tickets.

He must have said that at the beginning before I tuned in. I'll get tickets when the Fever trade for Becky Hammon so she can go to games with me. No way Grace is ever going back.

NorCal_Pacerfan
07-24-2006, 04:07 PM
We're screwed with Tinsley. No one wants him. After another bad season we still won't be able to get rid of him. He's overpaid, and he'll never be happy coming off the bench. We're screwed.

indygeezer
07-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Did all of that booing directed toward Jax by the fans get filtered out before hitting the ears of TPTB?????

Or do they just not give a crap what the fans think? (Winning will change everyones opinion????)

Lord Helmet
07-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Trading Tinsley for a bag of doritos is almost as good as getting a bench player for Tinsley.

Frank Slade
07-24-2006, 05:05 PM
There is another possibilty although it is a bit on thehttp://www.sundials.org/graphics/sunicon_a.gif side....

You make your other moves as you can, all the while talking up your two problem children throughout the offseason, giving no reason to even think you would trade these two corner stone's of your rotation.

Then just wait to see if the right suitor or opportunity comes along before the season starts. You really can't actively shop them or this plan does not work. You have to hope a few teams forget, or are convinced they can thrive in a new system or environment. It's risky especially if no teams come a callin'.

indytoad
07-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Trading Tinsley for a bag of doritos is almost as good as getting a bench player for Tinsley.

Hell, trading Tinsley for a swift kick in the nads would be worth it.

IndyToad
Light the torches

naptown
07-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Or do they just not give a crap what the fans think? (Winning will change everyones opinion????)

I sure hope they dont give a crap what the fans think. Otherwise we would have 10-15 new players every year and would be lottery bound every year. They have to do what they think is best, not what the fans think is best.

vapacersfan
07-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Hell, trading Tinsley for a swift kick in the nads would be worth it.

IndyToad
Light the torches

You guys are all severly overrating Jamaal.

Roaming Gnome
07-24-2006, 08:19 PM
I sure hope they dont give a crap what the fans think. Otherwise we would have 10-15 new players every year and would be lottery bound every year. They have to do what they think is best, not what the fans think is best.

:nod: Thank You!

Ralph Snart
07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
I've been happy with the moves so far, but if Tinsley and Jack are in the starting lineup next year, I'm going to be depressed.

I don't expect a trade to just magically happen, and I understand that these guys have a pretty low value right now, but if feels like we're going to start the season with two malcontents.

I just hope there's an attitude adjustment over the next three months, and that Tinsley can stay healthy.

naptown
07-24-2006, 09:25 PM
I would not say Jackson is a malcontent...... just a bone head player at times. He seems very much into the "Team" concept. He just needs to play smarter.

I will give ya Tinsley. The guy has all the talent in the world, but just does not seem to get what being a part of a team is. Hopefully him being handed the reins again as the undisputed starter and a bit more up tempo style will get his head where it needs to be. I doubt it, but one can hope.

Ralph Snart
07-24-2006, 09:32 PM
I would not say Jackson is a malcontent...... just a bone head player at times. He seems very much into the "Team" concept. He just needs to play smarter.

I agree with you, poor choice of words. My biggest complaint about Jackson is that he doesn't focus when the game isn't going the team's way. We need guys turn it up when the chips are down. We don't need guys that start moaning to the refs. This should be an easy problem to address, someone just needs to walk in and take some control of this team (Rick, JO, I'm looking at both of you).

Tinsley is starting to feel like Bender to me. I keep hearing how great he is, but the guy never plays. I've honestly forgotten what his play looks like. WAIT...I do remember the leg kick.

Is Tinsley the new Bender?

gilpdawg
07-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Did all of that booing directed toward Jax by the fans get filtered out before hitting the ears of TPTB?????

Winning WILL change everyone's opinion. Don't believe me? If this team does well, re-visit this thread.