PDA

View Full Version : How many games will we win next season?

justnhlsmok
07-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Just wanted to throw this thread up.

I feel that the Ps will win between 45-52 games.

Team chemistry WILL be key.

Any thoughts?

btowncolt
07-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Ack! Private poll!

mugsy27
07-24-2006, 10:02 AM
i put us in the 40-49 range...and thats IF the tin-man can stay healthy...if not...lotto here we come.

justnhlsmok
07-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Ack! Private poll!
Is there a problem with the poll?

If so, I can yank it. I just wanted some input. :feedback:

317Kim
07-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Around 50 games on the :sunshine: side.

bulletproof
07-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Arrrgh. Private poll!

56 wins and a trip to the ECFs, possibly the finals.

I have the same feeling abouit this team as I did going into the 2003-04 season.

D-BONE
07-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Assuming no more significant roster additions beyond Al, I'll say 44Ws as a realistic guess. Despite the influx of athleticism, I still question how the whole roster really fits together talent-wise and there will still be stability (chemistry)/durability questions.

A sunnier, things generally work out well forecast would be 50 wins. At this point that's about as high as I can see us achieving.

Kegboy
07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
:booprivatepoll:

justnhlsmok
07-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Ok, no more of what you guys call "private polls"

:giveup:

Just wanted some feedback from other fans.

:zip:

Putnam
07-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Who's the nut who said 70+?

The team is definitely going to be more fun, but I don't believe yet that we're going to do better in the win column. What we've done is make the following changes:

Harrington for Peja

Harrington will be a great acquisition in terms of talent, game plan and team chemistry. I support it unequivocally. It gives Danny room to develop and provides more strength at the 4. But to get Al we lose our outside shooting ace. (Here's where Jay says, "Live by the 3, die by the 3.")

Daniels for Croshere

This is a big gain. If Daniels starts at the 2 and gets big minutes, it will be very good. If he splits time with Jackson, it will be a marginal gain over Jones.

White for Jones

Is White ready to contribute as reliably as Jones at his best? I believe he has more upside, but is he going to contribute more than Freddie starting in November? Is he going to get the minutes to develop?

Armstrong for Johnson

I think this is a step down. Yeah, it solves the logjam at point guard. But AJ got us to 41-41 last year. If the plan is to bring in a coach to follow Carlisle, I foresee complications.

Williams for ? (Pollard?)

Shawne is a project. He's going to be deep in the depth chart.

Greene for Gill

Zzzzz.

Otherwise, we've got O'Neal, Granger, Harrison, Jackson, Jasikevicius, Tinsley and Foster back. A couple of those will probably play better than last year. A couple of them will probably be healthier than last year, but there are no guarantees. A couple are going to be the same as last year.

Where do the 10+ additional wins come from?

Frank Slade
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Ok, no more of what you guys call "private polls"

:giveup:

Just wanted some feedback from other fans.

Just for future reference, when you post a new poll, there is an option at the bottom the thread to make it a Public poll. This makes it alot more interesting as you can see what each person voted for.
:teacher:

PaceBalls
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
With AL back (yay!) we will get back some of the toughness that has been missing since Reggie AL and Ron have left. We have Granger, who has that same toughness, and if the at least one of the new guys can play like a man, we will have a great defensive team again. I'm looking forward to a 50 win season.

FSU-IU
07-24-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm in the 40-49 grouping......until I see someone on this team that can actually shoot the ball, I just don't seem wins in the 50+ range. Who knows, a trade could happen tomorrow that surprises all of us.........

SycamoreKen
07-24-2006, 12:19 PM
TETT. Ask again when we get the roster finalized.

bulletproof
07-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Where do the 10+ additional wins come from?

I think we were one of the league leaders in losing close games last season. We'll be a 50+ win team this season.

justnhlsmok
07-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Just for future reference, when you post a new poll, there is an option at the bottom the thread to make it a Public poll. This makes it alot more interesting as you can see what each person voted for.
:teacher:
Thanks for the FYI, man.

Will put that info to good use. :cool:

grace
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I voted for the lottery. Those of you who were at the last forum party will remember I said we'd win somewhere in the 40s. With what seems to have happened in the last few days I have absolutely, positively no confidence in this team.

Jose Slaughter
07-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Arrrgh. Private poll!

56 wins and a trip to the ECFs, possibly the finals.

I have the same feeling abouit this team as I did going into the 2003-04 season.

I'll vote lottery.

The only way we go to the ECF is with the help of Ticket Master.

bulletproof
07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
I'll vote lottery.

No way we're a lottery team, unless we're devastated by injuries.

Bball
07-24-2006, 01:28 PM

Well, we don't have a history of that do we?
-Bball

Knucklehead Warrior
07-24-2006, 02:37 PM
46-50 We will be vying for 4-5th playoff spot I think. :sunshine:

A healthier team, a more mobile and therefore happier team, a crackdown on knuckleheadedness, moderately better chemistry for no other reason than we have some different players, a less meddling/micromanaging RC, and as bulletproof said, we lost a lot of close ones last year that a better attitude and healthier team would remedy.

All that said, I still don't feel we've dealt the cancers off this team, but even with them, I don't expect the meltdown we had last season either.

bulletproof
07-24-2006, 02:42 PM
-Bball

Yeah, but I think a lot of that came from being worn down mentally and emotionally.

The Hustler
07-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Boarderline 49 50 51 .... gunna be a hard season but better than the last 2!

Cant wait!

Alabama-Redneck
07-24-2006, 02:47 PM
48 !!!!

:cool:

justnhlsmok
07-24-2006, 04:32 PM
BIZZUMP!

^^^

Sollozzo
07-24-2006, 05:02 PM

No way we're a 56 win ECF team either.........

SoupIsGood
07-24-2006, 05:23 PM

Lord Helmet
07-24-2006, 05:37 PM
I. Hate. Private Polls.

Los Angeles
07-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Sure a thread like this is fun, but isn't it about 4 months too soon?

BoomBaby31
07-24-2006, 06:03 PM
With this roster right now, 40-49 at best. I'm sure we are cooking up a lot more transactions this offseason.

Rockets
07-24-2006, 06:04 PM

t1hs0n
07-24-2006, 06:27 PM
60+ wins after we trade Foster/Jax/Tins for AI.

Naptown_Seth
07-25-2006, 12:42 AM
-Bball
:boxer:

I'm going for the 48 win area. Look, they can't have many more problems than last year and they just got FOUR more wins by taking Al from Atlanta...or did we forget about that sweep last year. :grumble:

Jose Slaughter
07-25-2006, 02:37 AM
They also have a starting PG that doesn't want every play called for him but he has a coach that calls every play. Our backup is a great European player but has struggled with the NBA game.

We have a starting SG that runs his mouth more than he runs the baseline. Plus a coach that lets him get away with it. The backup shooting guard has the guard part down pretty well but kinda needs work on the shooting part.

We have a starting SF that has promise but is only starting his 2nd year. Our backup is... who? Our starting 2? Our starting 4? A rookie?

We have a new PF that likes to play in the same spot as our center. Our backup scores more in the layup line then he does in a months worth of games.

We have a center that said he would be losing weight this summer in a return to the PF spot, guess again JO. Our backup C is a star pupil in the Stephen Jackson Academy.

Our best outside shooters from last season are all gone.

But never fear, its early & there are still lots of changes coming!

Will Galen
07-25-2006, 02:43 AM
With the right changes I think we could win them all.

rexnom
07-25-2006, 02:56 AM
Would it shock anyone if we won 50 games? It would shock me if we won 55 or more but I think 50 is doable.

We get too picky with starting lineups (highly overrated...it's more about who plays the crucial minutes and who makes the crucial plays than who is on the court the first few minutes of each half), 3pt shooting (also overrated...you don't need 3pt shooters in the NBA as much as you just need shooters, which we do have and can get...we love Reggie so much that we forget about the mid-range jumper, which guys like Rip Hamilton have proven time and time again can be just as effective), individual defense (this is really moot, not every player on your team needs to be a stopper...the key to winning big games is team defense...when you have that, you're covered), etc. It's really not that difficult. We have to just stay as healthy as possible and play simple basketball. IMO, our off-season moves have shown a willingness to get back to the basics. That's what making basketball fun is all about.

I mean, before the '03-'04 season, I wasn't feeling much better about the team than I do now.