PDA

View Full Version : Adios Cro?????

FSU-IU
06-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Can the drafting of Williams signal the trading of Cro? Bird talked about Williams playing the 4 "when his body grows into it"...so is he the backup to JO this year instead of Cro? Cro's salary ends this upcoming season, I would think that is attractive to teams trying to free up cap space (then again, I imagine it is attractive to the Simon's as well).

Will the Pacers need to include Cro in a trade if they want to rid themselves of Tins or Jack?

Can you count on Williams backing up JO this year? What if JO has another injury plagued year?

If you trade Cro and Tins/Jack - do you demand a serviceable PF in return?

Sorry for the rant - just trying to figure out where everyone fits.........

Putnam
06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Can the drafting of Williams signal the trading of Cro? Bird talked about Williams playing the 4 "when his body grows into it"...so is he the backup to JO this year instead of Cro? Cro's salary ends this upcoming season, I would think that is attractive to teams trying to free up cap space (then again, I imagine it is attractive to the Simon's as well).

Will the Pacers need to include Cro in a trade if they want to rid themselves of Tins or Jack?

Can you count on Williams backing up JO this year? What if JO has another injury plagued year?

If you trade Cro and Tins/Jack - do you demand a serviceable PF in return?

Sorry for the rant - just trying to figure out where everyone fits.........

There is also the possibility of a faster line-up with O'Neal spending minutes at center. That would give Croshere a bigger role as the power forward, unless Foster got the minutes. Anyway, all your questions are good ones, and can't be answered yet.

Tim
06-29-2006, 01:28 PM
When I first heard of us drafting Williams I thought he was Austin's replacement. It makes sense although I rather not use a 17 pick just to replace Austin.

Austin is near the end of a big contract. The smart thing to do is just let it expire for savings since the Pacers are a bit budget minded, but they may surprize us like trading Austin with Tins or Jax for an impact player with a big contract.

Leisure Suit Larry
06-29-2006, 01:36 PM
When I first heard of us drafting Williams I thought he was Austin's replacement. It makes sense although I rather not use a 17 pick just to replace Austin.

Austin is near the end of a big contract. The smart thing to do is just let it expire for savings since the Pacers are a bit budget minded, but they may surprize us like trading Austin with Tins or Jax for an impact player with a big contract.

Haha, you act like the #17 pick is a good one. Especially in this one.

Los Angeles
06-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Croshere will be an excellent trading chip at the deadline.