PDA

View Full Version : This was a great draft

SoupIsGood
06-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Coming into this draft, I really hoped our team could come away with one thing - an athletically explosive guard. Looking at the lottery, I thought Brewer fit that. Rondo was the guy available near 17 that I thought fit the bill. James White was the lower pick guy who I thought would be a good pick up.

Well, we ended up getting that explosive guard, and a great prospect in Shawne.

I really like this draft.

Pacersfan46
06-29-2006, 12:00 AM
I would have much raher it been Marcus Williams, and James White, but I'm not going to complain too much. We could have drafted the craptastic guy the Knicks took at 20. That was so a good moment for me. I couldn't stand Isiah Thomas even when he was here.

Like I said before the draft, anyone but JJ Redick, and I got that. So I'm fairly satisfied.

SoupIsGood
06-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I probably would have given Marcus Williams a shot, but Bird really seems sold on Shawne. I'm anxious to see what he's got.

GO!!!!!
06-29-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm confident that TOTB took the best people for our team.. unff said

BoomBaby31
06-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I probably would have given Marcus Williams a shot, but Bird really seems sold on Shawne. I'm anxious to see what he's got.

Forget Marcus Williams. I don't like this thief, I mean he said he didn't even have to workout. This guy needs an attitude adjustment and I think he got a little glance of that during the draft. He reminds me of a not so *****y Marice Clarett. I knew the Pacers wouldn't draft him, so I wasn't to worried. Shawne looks real nice by this draft I shows we are going to do some off season trading.

Young
06-29-2006, 12:09 AM
This was a good draft for us. We got some good athletes. Which is much needed, IMO.

I wanted to say some things about other teams though:

- I love what the Bulls did. Tyrus Thomas is not a player i'm a big fan of but I think he fits in well with their team as well as Thabo. This was a great draft for them.
- I like what the Hornets did. Although they could have taken a swingman they needed to get bigs more because they have Desmond Mason and Kirk Snyder. I like the picks of Armstrong and Simmions.
- I like Ronnie Brewer in Utah. I think that he will be a great fit with Deron Williams and Andrei Kirilenko. That was a very nice pick for them

Here is what I question:
- Why did the Warriors take O'Bryant. They have Ike and Birdenis as young big prospects and Troy Murphy as a proven player. Why O'Bryant when you could use a swingman like Ronnie Brewer. Oh well getting O'Bryant isn't the worse thing the Warriors could have done.
- The Sonics taking Saer Sone. What the heck are they doing? Robert Swift, John Petro...all are centers. I don't get that pick at all.
- The Knicks taking Balkman...lol i'm not even going to bother thinking about that at all.

SoupIsGood
06-29-2006, 12:10 AM
I also like what the Hornets are doing.

I also liked the Grizz trade. Very nice move there.

Slick Pinkham
06-29-2006, 12:15 AM
We needed speed and athleticism in the backcourt, and I guess White adds that.

I don't understand the S Williams pick at all, but I'm fine with bypassing the chubby laptop thief.

Young
06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Another thing I liked for the Hornets was getting Marcus Vinicius in the second round. That could be a real steal there. Some had Marcus as a 1rst round pick not to long ago I believe.

rel
06-29-2006, 03:58 AM
i was bummed when we didn't do anything to get Rodney Carney, then was kinda sad we passed up on Marcus Williams

...but the acquisition of James White made me all better :)

(i just wonder if Bird would have really picked Shawne if Rodney was available @17...we'll never know)

Lord Helmet
06-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Forget Marcus Williams. I don't like this thief, I mean he said he didn't even have to workout. This guy needs an attitude adjustment and I think he got a little glance of that during the draft. He reminds me of a not so *****y Marice Clarett. I knew the Pacers wouldn't draft him, so I wasn't to worried. Shawne looks real nice by this draft I shows we are going to do some off season trading.
Would you quit ragging on him for that? I mean your boy, JJ was only arrested for DRUNK DRIVING.

It's not being fair, IMO.

Fireball Kid
06-29-2006, 04:56 AM

I'd take the thief over the drunk driver anyday. What Williams did was bad. But what JJ did........well that was just plain stupid.

FrenchConnection
06-29-2006, 10:29 AM
i was bummed when we didn't do anything to get Rodney Carney, then was kinda sad we passed up on Marcus Williams

...but the acquisition of James White made me all better :)

(i just wonder if Bird would have really picked Shawne if Rodney was available @17...we'll never know)

Rodney played four years in college, and Shawne was better than him most nights as a freshman. When they needed someone to stop Morrison at the end of the game, they turned to Williams to do the job that Carney could not do. But Carney would have been a real coup for the Pacers, being a local boy and all. But I think that Williams will be a better pro.

I'd take the thief over the drunk driver anyday. What Williams did was bad. But what JJ did........well that was just plain stupid.

I don't care about the laptop so much as the lack of work ethic. He refused to get into shape for workouts that determined how many millions he would make over the next four years. How much effort would he put forth after signing the contract? I want a young, hungry player. Go get 'em Shawne, show 'em they are all wrong.