PDA

View Full Version : James White Highlights (sick)

Bo0MeR
06-28-2006, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=james+white&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

wooolus
06-28-2006, 11:35 PM
What else did we trade for White besides Johnson?

317Kim
06-28-2006, 11:36 PM
:drool:

SoupIsGood
06-28-2006, 11:42 PM
This guy can SOAR. Good lord.

circlecitysportsfan
06-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Besides the dunks, he seems like a good ball handler and passer. He'll get more time than Williams next year.

bulletproof
06-28-2006, 11:46 PM
My god.

JBones19
06-28-2006, 11:47 PM
wow- does the dunk contest allow two players on the same team to compete?

bambam
06-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Trade is coming and a FWD has to be going.

Chauncey
06-28-2006, 11:49 PM

Fred Jones is the worst dunk champ of all time...it would be an embarassment for him to enter with White involved.

diamonddave00
06-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Pacers also traded their 2007 #2 plus the worse or their's and the Suns #2 in 2008 (the pick that was acquired for James Jones ) in addition to Alexander Johnson to acquire James White.

Frank Slade
06-28-2006, 11:50 PM
I don't know but I am almost sure James White will be in it.

bulletproof
06-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Trade is coming and a FWD has to be going.

Yep. Cro, Peja or...JO (if KG is being shopped).

travmil
06-28-2006, 11:51 PM

Yes. At least it used to. Spudd and Dominique (Hawks) both competed in the same year back in the day.

Trader Joe
06-28-2006, 11:54 PM
UMM, whats an FWD?

PacerMan
06-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Fred Jones is the worst dunk champ of all time...it would be an embarassment for him to enter with White involved.

BS- Fred's dunks were awesome. The one that went WAY behind his head looked impossible.
I think he meant the two rookies.

Pacersfan46
06-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Wow, I turn off the TV and then find out we traded for James White. SWEEEET.

There has to be a trade brewing now, Granger, Peja, White, and Shawne? Either that, or we're just letting Peja walk.

Regardless, I've known about White since he was 16 or 17 years old. He was in a street ball video at that time. I was in awe. Now he's on the Pacers. :)

sweabs
06-28-2006, 11:58 PM
Regardless, I've known about White since he was 16 or 17 years old. He was in a street ball video at that time. I was in awe. Now he's on the Pacers. :)

Yeah, same deal here. That's when I first heard about him as well and got to see his video. I just hope he can bring more to the table than fancy dunks and athleticism.

Trader Joe
06-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Whats a FWD????

Pacersfan46
06-29-2006, 12:04 AM
You know ..... when you hit the button on your VCR it said ... "Fast FWD" .....

Figure it out. ;) Oh wait, aren't you the guy that wanted Reddick? No wonder, you just aren't smart enough to know any better. Heh. Just kiddin! I couldn't pass it up.

Granville
Whats a FWD????

forward

MagicRat
Four Wheel Drive.....

Trader Joe
06-29-2006, 12:08 AM
You know ..... when you hit the button on your VCR it said ... "Fast FWD" .....

Figure it out. ;) Oh wait, aren't you the guy that wanted Reddick? No wonder, you just aren't smart enough to know any better. Heh. Just kiddin! I couldn't pass it up.

I wanted nothing to do with Redick you moron. Heh, I couldn't pass it up.

forward

Thanks.

Pacersfan46
06-29-2006, 12:10 AM
I wanted nothing to do with Redick you moron. Heh, I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks.

Yeah, I went to look it up after. I couldn't figure out which person you were, but this WebTV thing sucks, and didn't want to look it up, and then come all the way back. Oh well, egg on my face. :)

Regradless, I was joking, and even ASKED if you were the one that wante Redick. Get all pissy and call me a moron ..... Meeeeow there, a bit testy, are we? I got some Midol. ;) Borrow 1

PostArtestEra
06-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Good Gawd, I think we got ourselves a shooting guard!

JayRedd
06-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Good Gawd, I think we got ourselves a shooting guard!

At the very least, we got ourselves a dunk champ.

rel
06-29-2006, 01:43 AM
man...i need a sweet pic of him for a good jersey switch

tdubb03
06-29-2006, 01:45 AM
The dude's an insane dunker, and we obviously need guys to attack the basket from the perimeter. So White seems like a great fit.

But all the scouting reports I read say stuff like "shys away from contact" and "rarely attacks rim in game situations." Who knows.

Jermaniac
06-29-2006, 01:49 AM
James White is going to be the first person ever to dunk from the half court line.

tadscout
06-29-2006, 01:54 AM
man...i need a sweet pic of him for a good jersey switch

Best I could find...

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/27/279293.jpg http://archive.cinweekly.com/content/2004/02/18/images/0218jameswhitedunk.jpg http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/seth_davis/01/01/hoop.thoughts/James-White-1.1.jpg

BoomBaby31
06-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Watch this guy end up being a Wade type player. Bird sounds stoked about these picks, on the pacers official site it said "he could of took white at the 17th just as easy". Last time we traded with Portland D.Davis for JO it worked out pretty well so I guess I'll trust them on this one too. :)

rel
06-29-2006, 02:41 AM
White needs to get stronger and a consistent shot...if he does, he'll be fine

alright, imma predict the 2007 slam dunk contestants right now

James White
Rodney Carney
Gerald Green
NATE ROBINSON*

*defending champ

edit: Iggy should have won!

Redman
06-29-2006, 03:08 AM
Hell yeah. My man James White in Indy. We got new SDC champion:-) I think that James is do a between the legs dunk in the game. Does anyone do this before?

rel
06-29-2006, 03:32 AM
Hell yeah. My man James White in Indy. We got new SDC champion:-) I think that James is do a between the legs dunk in the game. Does anyone do this before?

i believe Ricky Davis did trying to show off on a fastbreak and lost the ball

Bball
06-29-2006, 05:45 AM
At the very least, we got ourselves a dunk champ.

When do we hang the banner in Conseco from the first one (Freddie's)?

Will there be a parade down Meridean this time?

-Bball

Ultimate Frisbee
06-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Well, I hope he can do more than just dunk! More importantly.. who is going to pass to him???? Saras? Not AJ, thats for sure.

indygeezer
06-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Great...another Freddie JOnes? I don't want the original around here and now I gotta hear about 2???
Perhaps they're going to use him on Boomers squad.

Deadshot
06-29-2006, 07:33 AM
White needs to get stronger and a consistent shot...if he does, he'll be fine

alright, imma predict the 2007 slam dunk contestants right now

James White
Rodney Carney
Gerald Green
Andre Iguodala*

*defending champ

Andre should have won last year but Nate Robinson technically won.

CompACE
06-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Holy crap...

Did you guys notice that they called him Flight White during the ncaa dunk contest? Flight is a good nickname for him, although it would have been ten times funnier if they called him White Flight.

Is it just me or does everyone seem to like white better than williams?

RWB
06-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Great...another Freddie JOnes?

I see where you're coming from Geez, but remember, at least this guy isn't a member of the Lollipop Guild. At a legit 6'7 the Pacers could have done alot worse I think.

FrenchConnection
06-29-2006, 08:52 AM
UMM, whats an FWD?

Front Wheel Drive. You know, when you buy an SUV but don't have enough money to spring for AWD, that's what you get.

I see where you're coming from Geez, but remember, at least this guy isn't a member of the Lollipop Guild. At a legit 6'7 the Pacers could have done alot worse I think.

How many people have said that Fred Jones would be great if he had more size? Well, that is James White.

naptownmenace
06-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Living in Cincy, I've watched James "Flight" White for the past 3 seasons. His senior season he finally put everything together and I think that his game will be much better on the NBA level.

He could easily step into the starting lineup and average 13 pts per game for the Pacers in his rookie season. He comes from a strong defensive program in UC and he's a good individual defender. He really is a first round quality player.

Flight is a good outside shooter too. I think he shot 48% from the field last year and he shot a lot of threes each game.

Leisure Suit Larry
06-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Great...another Freddie JOnes? I don't want the original around here and now I gotta hear about 2???
Perhaps they're going to use him on Boomers squad.

Could you be a little more negative? Do you like anyone on this team?

Chauncey
06-29-2006, 10:07 AM
He could easily step into the starting lineup and average 13 pts per game for the Pacers in his rookie season. He comes from a strong defensive program in UC and he's a good individual defender. He really is a first round quality player.

I agree 100% and I'll take it a step further. I think with the marked improvement he's shown over the last 4 years, he actually should have been a lottery selection.

Teams have this prejudice against guy who stay in college..like.."well, he didn't come out early so he's not that good." That's just not the case. This kid stayed in school because he knew he wasn't ready for the NBA and worked on his game. WORKED. He's tremendously better shooting and handling the ball than he was last year. He was better last year than the year before. He was better as a Sophomore than as a Freshman, etc, etc.

This is a kid who has flat out proven that he's willing to work to improve his game and right now he's as good of an all-around player as any swingman taken in this draft, yet he gets passed over because he's not 19.

Contrary to what you would think, the "safe" pick isn't the guy that is proven out of college. The "safe" pick is taking someone that everyone says has great upside, hence, he's not good now, but he could be...and if he doesn't, well, we took a chance so you can't blame me.

The "best" picks are the guys who can contribute right away. In a world of 3-4 year contracts, guys who can't contribute those first couple of years really hurt your team unless you're already a contender.

Shade
06-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Living in Cincy, I've watched James "Flight" White for the past 3 seasons. His senior season he finally put everything together and I think that his game will be much better on the NBA level.

Flight is a good outside shooter too. I think he shot 48% from the field last year and he shot a lot of threes each game.

Sounds like a combination Fred/James Jones, but a better defender than both.

I'm really happy with this pick-up. It's Shawne Williams I'm still confused about.

naptownmenace
06-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a combination Fred/James Jones, but a better defender than both.

I'm really happy with this pick-up. It's Shawne Williams I'm still confused about.

Yeah I know what you mean.

BTW, here are some very interesting stats about Flight:

Shot 49% from the field his senior year.

Averaged 3.9 3-point shots per game, hitting on 37% of them his senior year.

As a Junior, he led Bearcats in assists (3.6 apg) and averaged 4.8 assists over final eight games of the 2003-04 season.

Averaged 3.1 steals a game as a Junior.

Lettered in 2004 for Cincinnatiís C-USA champion track and field team. Qualified for NCAA Regionals in the high jump and triple jump.

06-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Rims dont hit back...

PacerMan
06-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Rims dont hit back...

oh yes they do!

Deadshot
06-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Isn't White the kid who jumped over a car? For some reason I can't seem to find that video now. I'm more excited about James than I am Shawne.

FrenchConnection
06-30-2006, 01:35 PM
I agree 100% and I'll take it a step further. I think with the marked improvement he's shown over the last 4 years, he actually should have been a lottery selection.

Teams have this prejudice against guy who stay in college..like.."well, he didn't come out early so he's not that good." That's just not the case. This kid stayed in school because he knew he wasn't ready for the NBA and worked on his game. WORKED. He's tremendously better shooting and handling the ball than he was last year. He was better last year than the year before. He was better as a Sophomore than as a Freshman, etc, etc.

This is a kid who has flat out proven that he's willing to work to improve his game and right now he's as good of an all-around player as any swingman taken in this draft, yet he gets passed over because he's not 19.

Contrary to what you would think, the "safe" pick isn't the guy that is proven out of college. The "safe" pick is taking someone that everyone says has great upside, hence, he's not good now, but he could be...and if he doesn't, well, we took a chance so you can't blame me.

The "best" picks are the guys who can contribute right away. In a world of 3-4 year contracts, guys who can't contribute those first couple of years really hurt your team unless you're already a contender.

So Kobe was a bad pick? How about Andrew Bynum?

Los Angeles
06-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Pacers also traded their 2007 #2 plus the worse or their's and the Suns #2 in 2008 (the pick that was acquired for James Jones ) in addition to Alexander Johnson to acquire James White.
Whoa - I just read this. How can this be right? I thought we traded 2 2nd rounders for him - 2006 and 2007. You have it going to 2008. Wouldn't that equal three 2nd rounders total?

Evan_The_Dude
06-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Whoa - I just read this. How can this be right? I thought we traded 2 2nd rounders for him - 2006 and 2007. You have it going to 2008. Wouldn't that equal three 2nd rounders total?

I guess you can say White was definitely on the radar :laugh:

Chauncey
06-30-2006, 03:20 PM
So Kobe was a bad pick? How about Andrew Bynum?

Definitely not with Kobe because he was a once-in-a-lifetime talent coming out of high school and Jerry West saw that right away.

As for Bynum, it remains to be seen. The Lakers could have either drafted a guy like Granger (even though they have Odom) or roll the dice that Bynum would work out in a few years. Bynum is a guy thats going to end up 7'2 275 lbs...those guys you can take chances on and not feel so bad about at the end of the day if they don't pan out.

SFs however, are a dime a dozen. When you roll the dice on an unathletic (relatively speaking to other NBA players) project and you're a contending team in a terribly weak conference..thats just a bad decision.

MaHa3000
06-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Wow, awsome to watch. I've never seen a two handed dunk from the free throw line where the ball is brought back to the shoulder. And has a between the legs from the free throw ever been done before. OMG, dude can fly.

FlavaDave
06-30-2006, 05:30 PM

Johnson plus two picks. So, technically, three picks.