PDA

View Full Version : 4 Small Forwards

BlueNGold
06-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Stephen Jackson is a SF playing out of position.

Peja, Danny and Shawne are clearly all SF's.

We are weak at PG and C.

What is Bird doing? Is this another brilliant decision like Sarunas?

Robertmto
06-28-2006, 11:18 PM
and weak at the 2 guard

Chauncey
06-28-2006, 11:20 PM
It tells me two things:

1. Saras is going to be the starting PG.

2. Jax isn't going anywhere.

3. They're going to let Peja walk (though they'll make some half-hearted offer like they did with Brad Miller, just to save face with the fans)

4. Winning next year is not a priority.

Roaming Gnome
06-28-2006, 11:21 PM
I just don't like what this says about what we are going to do about our backcourt situation. I just get the feeling that we are just going to cut one of our points loose and stand pat.

I'm afraid!

It tells me two things:

3. They're going to let Peja walk (though they'll make some half-hearted offer like they did with Brad Miller, just to save face with the fans)

My thoughts exactly...you just got them out a little quicker. I'm scared!

vapacersfan
06-28-2006, 11:24 PM
It tells me two things:

Psst, that was more then two ;)

D-BONE
06-28-2006, 11:28 PM
There's no question the G situation has been left out to dry. I initially thought Williams could play some 2 somewhere down the line, but, even if that were to happen, it wouldn't be until well beyond our immediate help time line.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, transpires the rest of the summer. I hope other moves are forthcoming. And not just the Peja decision one.

BoomBaby31
06-29-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm kinda upset we didn't draft Farmar but, oh well. I don't care what Bird says about the JO rumors; you don't draft two PF's and say you aren't looking to trade your PF. They are shopping JO, and probably have a deal they are looking to get done for a guard and a shooter. That can be the only logical reason why the draft two PF's. JO won't be in Indy next season.

Hicks
06-29-2006, 12:23 AM
We didn't draft two power forwards... eventually.

Unclebuck
06-29-2006, 12:25 AM
It tells me two things:

1 and 2 are impossibilities

beast23
06-29-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't see where this draft tells us a darn thing... not a darn thing. After the selections, I'm clueless in trying to apply any analysis whatsoever to figuring out what Bird might be trying to do.

The only thing I can come up with is that there might be more moves to take place than what we first imagined.

And... I got home just a little while ago and missed the whole thing. What's up with the Alexander Johnson pick and then trade? What did we trade for?

It seemed to me like Johnson was quite a catch. A player that at one time was projected even as a late first rounder that fell to us at 45. His bio seems to indicate that he would make a fine bench player for the frontcourt.

What gives?

Edit: Just caught up to other threads... James White, huh? Now, he looks like a player that we can use even more than Alexander Johnson. Good trade.

We picked up 2 athletes. Not a bad start.

JayRedd
06-29-2006, 01:53 AM
I don't see where this draft tells us a darn thing... not a darn thing.

Agreed.

We didn't get a starter in this draft, didn't fill any holes and didn't pick anyone that's going to "take anyone's job". We got two athletes and, while Marcus Williams, Shannon Brown, Douby and Lowry all may end up as better pros, it's tough to call it one way the other. (For the record, I wanted Douby most of those four and would have taken any of them over Shawne Williams.)

Basically, we got a #17 pick in a draft that didn't contain 17 impact players. We know he's a good athlete though. And with White, we got someone who will be a crowd favorite if he can make the roster, and may could be a potential 7th-8th man down the road.

Not a lot more to say about these guys.

On another note, I still can't believe Portland got the two best players in this draft. Now they can just straight up waive Darius Miles. Or just trade him to Isiah.

indytoad
06-29-2006, 02:33 AM
It tells me that this team's goal is to ultimately have every player on the floor playing out of position.

And also that Bird is a complete idiot.

IndyToad
Kegboy wins

Bball
06-29-2006, 05:32 AM
It tells me two things:

Brad Miller never got an offer from the Pacers...

-Bball

BillS
06-29-2006, 09:06 AM
It tells me two things:

OK, I don't know what scares me more, disagreeing with TPTB or agreeing with Chauncey...

Unclebuck
06-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Let me repeat what I've been saying for months now, there are going to be major moves coming very soon. So don't bother trying to figure out where the two new guys fit into the current roster because the current roster is obsolete

ChicagoJ
06-29-2006, 02:06 PM
It tells me that this team's goal is to ultimately have every player on the floor playing out of position.

And also that Bird is a complete idiot.

IndyToad
Kegboy wins

I'm getting my "pessimism" back... I agree 100% with Mr. Toad!! :)