PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle on ESPN radio 10 minutes after pick

Unclebuck
06-28-2006, 10:27 PM
He had some interesting things to say. it was about an hour ago now and I forget much of it

He talked a lot about the new NBA and how you need versatile forwards so that you can go small. he talked about playing at a much quicker tempo, he was asked about it twice as Fred Carter sounded like he didn't believe

I wish I could remember more, but this site has been down for about an hour

Hicks
06-28-2006, 10:28 PM
More small ball! YES! :yes:

:suicide2:

BETTER YET, THE RETURN OF THE DREADED "P WORD": POTENTIAL!!!

:suicide3:

Kegboy
06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Of course we needed another SF, what with Eddie being a free agent and all.

Unclebuck
06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Whether you like small ball or not you better get used to it.

I happen to like small ball and believe that is the way the NBA is going.

I think DG and Williams will be interchangable forwards.

Young
06-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Is it just me or has Carlise said we are going to play a more up tempo game quite a bit?

Yeah you need versatile forwards but I don't consider Shawne versatile considering his skills are unknown.

Unclebuck
06-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Rick said that in order to play a faster tempo you need players who are able to play a fast tempo. You need good defenders and rebounders.

Evan_The_Dude
06-28-2006, 10:52 PM
He's actually a poor man's Danny Granger. Take that for what it's worth, or what it WILL BE worth in a few years. I think we're going to see Mr. Granger play quite a bit of 2 this year.

Unclebuck
06-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Rick also said that he had a great workout for the Pacers.

FrenchConnection
06-28-2006, 11:29 PM
He's actually a poor man's Danny Granger. Take that for what it's worth, or what it WILL BE worth in a few years. I think we're going to see Mr. Granger play quite a bit of 2 this year.

No, he is not at all. In a few years this will look like a steal. At the #17 in a VERY BAD DRAFT, to be able to get someon with some potential is a good thing.