PDA

View Full Version : Memphis looking to shake up roster and drop salary... willing to trade Battier

Anthem
06-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Wow. If I was to pick the non-superstar 2-guard I'd most like to have right now, Shane Battier is at the top of my list.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_4765038,00.html
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_4800347,00.html

He's not the scorer Steven Jackson is, but he's a better shooter and defender. I'd absolutely love to have him as a third option and starting shooting guard. I don't follow Memphis and have no idea what they'd want, but if they'd take Stephen Jackson and a second-round pick I'd be all over it.

Leisure Suit Larry
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Wow. If I was to pick the non-superstar 2-guard I'd most like to have right now, Shane Battier is at the top of my list.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_4765038,00.html
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_4800347,00.html

He's not the scorer Steven Jackson is, but he's a better shooter and defender. I'd absolutely love to have him as a third option and starting shooting guard. I don't follow Memphis and have no idea what they'd want, but if they'd take Stephen Jackson and a second-round pick I'd be all over it.

Considering Ron Artest didn't do it for them, I don't think Jackson and a 2nd rounder is going to get it.

Young
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I read about this a couple days ago and i'm pissed. Why couldn't they have gave us Battier for Ron?

Anyways i'm sure that they can get a lot for Battier. The Spurs, Lakers among others would probably love to have Battier. Battier is like the perfect role player IMO. He is a good all around player. I love his game.

Evan_The_Dude
06-27-2006, 04:40 PM
I read about this a couple days ago and i'm pissed. Why couldn't they have gave us Battier for Ron?

Because they already spent the prior offseason ridding themselves of nutcases.

FrenchConnection
06-27-2006, 04:46 PM
They would probably want AJ or Tins. They need a PG. Chucky Atkins and Bobby Jackson have said they do not want to be back and no one knows how Mighty Mouse will come back after major surgery.

Chauncey
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Saras + Jax for Battier

FrenchConnection
06-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Saras + Jax for Battier

Good idea!

Steve McQueen
06-27-2006, 04:49 PM
I'd do it.

Leisure Suit Larry
06-27-2006, 04:50 PM
But Battier will steal precious minutes from the 2nd coming....

ChicagoJ
06-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Jerry West made it known several times that he did not want Artest anywhere near his team. No way he takes SJax for Battier.

However, this could make an interesting S&T for Peja? Of course, that wouldn't help them drop salary. :chuckle:

Shade
06-27-2006, 05:23 PM
GET HIM!!!!!

CableKC
06-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Reading the article....they would probably want expiring contracts and/or short term 1 or 2 year contracts of decent players in return.

Given that we have none to offer......I doubt that we have anything to offer that would entice the Grizzlies...even if we offer up Croshere and draft picks. I am sure that other teams can offer them cheaper players that are better for Battier.

Shade
06-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Reading the article....they would probably want expiring contracts and/or short term 1 or 2 year contracts of decent players in return.

Given that we have none to offer......I doubt that we have anything to offer that would entice the Grizzlies...even if we offer up Croshere and draft picks. I am sure that other teams can offer them cheaper players that are better for Battier.

How about Cro and AJ for Battier and a re-signed Bobby Jackson? Then we draft a PF to back-up JO, and trade Jack and Foster for an upgrade at center. :nod:

Anthem
06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Regarding the "why now and not then" crowd, there's a couple of differences. One is that pretty much every source last summer said Battier wasn't available. With the looming ownership change and the dwindling fan base, though, they've said they're willing to mix it up.

I know a ton of people would love to get Battier. All I'm saying is that for the first time, they're listing him as available.

West talks several times about trading up... you think he'd trade Jax for Battier if we swapped picks as well?