PDA

View Full Version : OT-Passing Through Indy/Need Advice

ROCislandWarrior
06-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey Guys,

Me and a few of my buddies will be passing through Naptown on Thursday at about 3:30pm. I want to get off the freeway and grab lunch downtown to show my guys the city.

We have about 1 hour and 30 mins to spend in the city so our time is limited.

I just want to know what resturant we can go to/sights to see that will give us a great memory of the city during that short time. I have only been to Conseco.

We each only have about $15 to spend (broke college kids) so this makes it a bit tough.

I thought if anyone would know how to spend $15 in Dtown Indy it would be you guys!

(Hicks I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum but I know this one gets the most traffic)

Leisure Suit Larry
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
uhh, Hooters of course. It's right across from the mall and you can walk everywhere.

ChicagoJ
06-27-2006, 03:52 PM
ROC,

Are you coming from Milwaukee again?

Just avoid the Dan Ryan at all costs. It looks like a war zone. The south end of the Tri State isn't much better, but it is better.

fooddaman
06-27-2006, 03:55 PM
There is a nice little pub about a 1-2 blocks north of CFH on Pennsylvania called "Coaches". I have eaten lunch there a few times, not bad eats.

Frank Slade
06-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Jillian's perhaps ?

If you need ...

141 S. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46225
Phone: 317-822-9300
E-mail: ecindianapolis@jilliansbilliards.com
Web Site: (http://www.jilliansbilliards.com/)

Chauncey
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Since you're on a budget, I'd go with Hooters

Putnam
06-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Hey Guys,

I just want to know what resturant we can go to/sights to see that will give us a great memory of the city during that short time. I have only been to Conseco.

What do you want, food-wise? If you want Indiana cuisine, then Barringers on south Meridian has the best pork tenderloin -- served in a basket as it ought to be. Ike and Jonesy's tenderloin is a close second and is closer to downtown.

Otherwise, just get off the interstate, park downtown and take your pick. Qdoba is the current favorite Mexican, but Acapulco Joes is still better. Alcatraz is still probably the best microbrewery. The Planet Hollywood is exactly like every other Planet Hollywood. Champps? Or you could sit on the steps of Monument Circle and Jimmie John's will deliver sandwiches to you.

Trader Joe
06-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Johnny Rocket's in Circle Center?

Leisure Suit Larry
06-27-2006, 04:08 PM
What do you want, food-wise? If you want Indiana cuisine, then Barringers on south Meridian has the best pork tenderloin -- served in a basket as it ought to be. Ike and Jonesy's tenderloin is a close second and is closer to downtown.

Otherwise, just get off the interstate, park downtown and take your pick. Qdoba is the current favorite Mexican, but Acapulco Joes is still better. Alcatraz is still probably the best microbrewery. The Planet Hollywood is exactly like every other Planet Hollywood. Champps? Or you could sit on the steps of Monument Circle and Jimmie John's will deliver sandwiches to you.

There hasn't been a Planet Hollywood in Indianapolis for like 6+ years

Putnam
06-27-2006, 04:15 PM
There hasn't been a Planet Hollywood in Indianapolis for like 6+ years

did I say Planet Hollywood? I meant Hard Rock Cafe. My bad.:blush:

FrenchConnection
06-27-2006, 04:40 PM
I always recommend Shipiros to anyone. I drive all the way up from Bloomington for the Corned Beef about once a month.

ROCislandWarrior
06-27-2006, 08:42 PM
ROC,

Are you coming from Milwaukee again?

Just avoid the Dan Ryan at all costs. It looks like a war zone. The south end of the Tri State isn't much better, but it is better.

THANK YOU!!!

I live in downtown Milwaukee and our major interchange (marquette interchange) literally looks like someone bombed it so I know exactly what you are talking about.

I get a headache everyday when trying to navigate through it and there is stand still traffic at MIDNIGHT!

Lots of ideas, I guess I will just head towards the tallest building downtown, park and find someplace to eat.

Oh... we are going to the Skydeck at the top of the Sears Tower so taking the Tri-State is not an option until the way back. What would be the best way to get there without taking the Dan Ryan?

Kegboy
06-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Shapiros. Definitely Shapiros.

If it were the old Hooters in Union Station, I'd say Hooters. But the new Hooters ain't nothing to write home about.

grace
06-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Shapiros. Definitely Shapiros.

If it were the old Hooters in Union Station, I'd say Hooters. But the new Hooters ain't nothing to write home about.

And you can go to Hooters most any place. You could always go to Smokey Bones and point down the street and say "There's Conseco."

Kegboy
06-27-2006, 09:21 PM
And you can go to Hooters most any place. You could always go to Smokey Bones and point down the street and say "There's Conseco."

Yes, but most Hooters don't have a second level from where you can peer down the waitresses tops. Aahh, the good old days.