PDA

View Full Version : Arrest Warrant Issued For Gilbert Arenas

Frank Slade
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't get this one, why turn a smaller problem, into a bigger one by not showing up , even if you do not agree with the charge ? :confused:

Bench warrant issued for Arenas after missing hearing

June 27, 2006

MIAMI (AP) --

Washington Wizards star Gilbert Arenas missed a court hearing Tuesday for his arraignment on a disorderly conduct charge, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Neither Arenas, who had been out on $1,000 bond, nor his attorney showed up for the morning arraignment. Circuit Judge Samuel Slom issued a bench warrant for the player's arrest and set a $2,000 bond.

Assistant State Attorney Kerrie Crockett said Arenas would have been eligible for pretrial diversion. The Wizards didn't immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

Arenas, the Wizards' leading scorer, was arrested during Memorial Day weekend in Miami Beach.

Police said Washington teammate Awvee Storey had been blocking traffic in the middle of a busy street when an officer told him to get back to the sidewalk. Storey did not get out of the street, and the officer arrested him and charged him with failure to obey a command.

While police were arresting Storey, Arenas got out of a vehicle and walked toward the arresting officers. An officer told Arenas to get back in his vehicle, but he refused, saying he wanted to stand next to his teammate. The officer took Arenas into custody and he was charged.

There was no court hearing for Storey listed in records Tuesday.

A bench warrant is issued for those who have violated a court order.

Updated on Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 11:50 am EDT

Email to a Friend | View Popular

YAHOO (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aj22oRtFA3OIZfAZ_lNqvWW8vLYF?slug=ap-wizards-courthearing-arenas&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Slick Pinkham
06-27-2006, 12:38 PM
I guess at this point,

one of us is supposed to find out what Jackson + Tinsley /Arenas trades work on real GM.

;)

Frank Slade
06-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I guess at this point,

one of us is supposed to find out what Jackson + Tinsley /Arenas trades work on real GM.

;)

Actually if you're just speaking in Real GM terms only it works straight up :eyebrow:

RWB
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Look for an agent to be fired. Someone is not paying attention to details.

grace
06-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I can just hear it now:

Gilbert: "It was my understanding that my attorney had worked this out the with prosecutor/judge. I meant no disrespect to the judge or the judicial system. Yada, yada yada." :rolleyes:

RWB
06-27-2006, 01:37 PM
I can just hear it now:

Gilbert: "It was my understanding that my attorney had worked this out the with prosecutor/judge. I meant no disrespect to the judge or the judicial system. Yada, yada yada." :rolleyes:

Sounds like you may need to consider a career change there Arliss. Pretty good reasoning and you're probably closer to the truth than we realize.

efx
06-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Athletes can be just so damn likeable.....

Gyron
06-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Warrants were dropped this afternoon. It appears Gilbert was never sent the arraignment date.

Date has been rescheduled.

loborick
06-27-2006, 07:29 PM
BS. Someone is influencing someone else. I don't believe it.

Bball
06-27-2006, 08:26 PM
The fact that the attorney missed the hearing as well as Arenas pretty much told me a mistake was made.

-Bball

vapacersfan
06-27-2006, 08:34 PM
BS. Someone is influencing someone else. I don't believe it.

You do realize that even lawyers and judges make mistakes, right?.............

circlecitysportsfan
06-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Gil does not need to go to court because he plays for the Washington Wizards.

vapacersfan
06-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I realize he is an easy target because he is a pro, but you do realzie that Gil never actually said "I am a basketball player or whatever he was accused of.

Look, a mistake was made. In famous PD words, "Lets please move on"

grace
06-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Look, a mistake was made. In famous PD words, "Lets please move on"

Let's not. It gives us something new to obsess about.

vapacersfan
06-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Let's not. It gives us something new to obsess about.

:-o

If we are really that desperate for something to obsess over, I could post a thread in TSB asking about a new situation I have got myself in and ask if I should ask her out or not........:laugh:

Kegboy
06-27-2006, 09:51 PM
ask if I should ask her out or not........:laugh:

Absolutely. You only live once, even if she is the one who kills you.

[edit] As for something to obsess about, I doubt that'll be a problem 24 hours from now.

Robertmto
06-28-2006, 03:12 AM
Thats right, nothin to see here people, move along