PDA

View Full Version : 2006 NBA Draft Preview - 10:00pm ET Tonight ESPN

purdue101
06-27-2006, 11:14 AM
FYI

D-BONE
06-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Hot damn! Yet more draft talk and supposition! Still good for my craving for an NBA fix. Thanks!

purdue101
06-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Be prepared to listen to Stephen A. Smith babble on for 60 mins about all his "inside information" that will inevitably turn out to be a sack of fictional bull****.

Trader Joe
06-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Be prepared to listen to Stephen A. Smith babble on for 60 mins about all his "inside information" that will inevitably turn out to be a sack of fictional bull****.

And it will still have more truth to it than 99% of most stuff we here.

Will Galen
06-27-2006, 01:47 PM
And it will still have more truth to it than 99% of most stuff we here.

Not at all! Half the rumors we talk about start on ESPN. That's where the JO for the # 1 pick started.

FrenchConnection
06-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Not at all! Half the rumors we talk about start on ESPN. That's where the JO for the # 1 pick started.

This board is the best NBA board on the net in that people don't post false rumors. Most of the BS discussed on here comes from "legtimate" media sources. Well, this has been the case since the Artest trade.

Kegboy
06-27-2006, 08:42 PM
If TNT had a draft preview, maybe I'd be interested.

God I hate they don't have the draft anymore. :(

Chauncey
06-27-2006, 09:02 PM

Actually, it wasn't even a rumor. It was a suggestion by Chad Ford to the tune of, "wouldn't they listen if...." and then it became a rumor when other sites reported it.

purdue101
06-27-2006, 09:53 PM
just a reminder.

5 mins.

Anthem
06-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Wow, I forgot how much I hate Steve Smith.

Luckily I've got a DVR, so I can pause it when he starts talking, then skip ahead after a minute or so.

ESPN's had about a billion stupid moves, but hiring SAS has got to be the worst.

purdue101
06-27-2006, 10:13 PM
sounds like boston is going to make some major moves.

Anthem
06-27-2006, 10:15 PM
sounds like boston is going to make some major moves.
I know, that's ridiculous. Telfair's an ok player, but why would you waste the #7 pick on him? Surely you can do better!

EDIT: For those not watching, the rumor is Dan Dickau and the #7 for S.Telfair. Which I think is crazy.

purdue101
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
no ****. telfair is in no way worth a #7 pick. especially since i feel roy or morrison may fall down to #7.

the other rumor was AI coming in for wally, jefferson, and gerald green. cleveland would be the 3rd team involved.

Will Galen
06-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Actually, it wasn't even a rumor. It was a suggestion by Chad Ford to the tune of, "wouldn't they listen if...." and then it became a rumor when other sites reported it.

I'm still right. I documented how this rumor started and progressed in another post. Ford mentioned it, but then another ESPN guy (Andy ?) reported it as a rumor, and it took off from there.

Unclebuck
06-27-2006, 11:00 PM
The draft is one thing ESPN does well. SAS is annoying and Dick Vitale is just horrible, but Greg Anthony I like and I think Jay Bilas is excellent..

I enjoyed watching the draft preview.

Jermaniac
06-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Dick Vitale should be banned from talking about the draft good GOD I cant stand the man.

SoupIsGood
06-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Vitale doesn't know a thing about the draft, just screams on and on about his favorite college players.

Chauncey
06-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Terrible show...a complete waste of an hour of my life...why Andy Katz is on there I have no idea...and to introduce him as an "NBA Insider" is an absolute f'ing joke.

The problem with ESPN is that they put people like Katz on tv instead of just paying Chad Ford the money he should be making and then he'd be readily available whenever they needed him instead of off in Hawaii teaching college kids.

I'm still right. I documented how this rumor started and progressed in another post. Ford mentioned it, but then another ESPN guy (Andy ?) reported it as a rumor, and it took off from there.

Oh I wasn't saying you were wrong...I was just pointing it out because I felt like I was one of the few that realized what had happened. It was a freaking suggestion that turned into a rumor...truly hilarious.

purdue101
06-27-2006, 11:35 PM
The draft is one thing ESPN does well. SAS is annoying and Dick Vitale is just horrible, but Greg Anthony I like and I think Jay Bilas is excellent..

I enjoyed watching the draft preview.

were you as surprised as I was to hear about foye? these guys think he should go number 1 to toronto.

i was also shocked to see them so high on lowry over rondo.

Kegboy
06-27-2006, 11:55 PM
EDIT: For those not watching, the rumor is Dan Dickau and the #7 for S.Telfair. Which I think is crazy.
You're right, that's crazy.

And for those who think ESPN does it better, it's just not the draft to me without Hubie Brown talking in the second person about every team and every pick.

Hey, he works for ABC Sports now, can I dare to dream? :fingerscr

purdue101
06-27-2006, 11:57 PM
You're right, that's crazy.

And for those who think ESPN does it better, it's just not the draft to me without Hubie Brown talking in the second person about every team and every pick.

Hey, he works for ABC Sports now, can I dare to dream? :fingerscr

IMO Hubie Brown is the best basketball mind on television, period.

Kegboy
06-27-2006, 11:59 PM
IMO Hubie Brown is the best basketball mind on television, period.

Well, it goes to show you how stupid ESPN is. They could easily have the guy on, but no, they'll have assface Smith on instead. :shakehead

BoomBaby31
06-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Dick Vitale should be banned from talking about the draft good GOD I cant stand the man.

How do you hate Dick Vitale Baby!!???!! He's a Big SLAM DUNK kinda fellow a big grade A commentator. I've only got one eye and I can see he's a big slammer jammer for that group. The NCAA wouldn't be nothin' baby without Dicky V'.

purdue101
06-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Well, it goes to show you how stupid ESPN is. They could easily have the guy on, but no, they'll have assface Smith on instead. :shakehead

ESPN fired David Aldridge to replace him with Stephen A Smith. Hands down a terrible decision.

I always liked Aldridge and thought he gave very credible reporting.

CableKC
06-28-2006, 03:01 AM
Okay..........where is the Official "Who are the Pacers gonna draft" thread before the draft tomorrow where we can keep track of who each of us think that the Pacers will pick?

Kaufman
06-28-2006, 12:02 PM
ESPN fired David Aldridge to replace him with Stephen A Smith. Hands down a terrible decision.

I always liked Aldridge and thought he gave very credible reporting.

ditto

Second line.

Brian
06-28-2006, 12:39 PM
ditto

Second line.

I third that!

Young
06-28-2006, 03:09 PM
That was a god awful show. I know i'm saying this late but oh well.

First off I hate how SAS is always talking about Rasho. Rasho isn't anything great but he ain't as bad a basketball player as SAS is a basketball analyist. Enough already SAS, we know you don't like him and that's fine but good god do you have to bring it up in every conversation possiable?

Secondly I loved there mock draft at the end. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought they would go through at least the lottery but all they did was say who they would take number one and they had the guys picks at the bottom of the screen haha nice mock draft.

That show sucked. All they talked about was Bargnani, MJ, and Reddick. GREAT SHOW!

I can't wait to see Dick Vitale tonight. He cracks me up because he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. He just talks out of his ***....I hate it but it makes me lol.

EDIT: ESPN should have kept DA at all costs. IMO he is probably the best/one of the best basketball journalist in the world. Then you replace him SAS, who is the worst in the world.

What makes it worse is that DA went to TNT so now I hardly get to hear/read what he has to say.