PDA

View Full Version : With a grain of salt....

RWB
06-27-2006, 07:18 AM
After reading so many mock drafts it's obvious the columnists throw names out there. So in that vein take it with a grain salt, the local THaute sports guys for CBS television and ESPN radio have said Bird's focus is on Rajon Rondo.

Bird still has alot of buddies around here.....so????

D-BONE
06-27-2006, 07:30 AM
I could live with that. At this point I'm starting to wonder if he'll be around at 17 though.

Steve McQueen
06-27-2006, 07:36 AM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. He's the type of player we're sorely lacking, and fits in with the "well known" he emphasized during his press conference.

I could live with that. At this point I'm starting to wonder if he'll be around at 17 though.
It does seem like his stock is rising from the little draft tidbits I've been reading the past few weeks, but both the major mock drafts have him available at #17.

NBADraft.net has Rondo going #23 to New Jersey

DraftExpress has him #18 to the Wizards

D-BONE
06-27-2006, 07:52 AM
It does seem like his stock is rising from the little draft tidbits I've been reading the past few weeks, but both the major mock drafts have him available at #17.

NBADraft.net has Rondo going #23 to New Jersey

DraftExpress has him #18 to the Wizards

Let us trust in the mock drafts then! Despite how we constantly say they are a proverbial crap shoot. Hope they're accurate b/c I like Rondo.

Doug in CO
06-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Great draft information from the Star this week - wow, these generic stories they dust off every year sure are insightful.