PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Miami Celebration Goofs

SoupIsGood
06-26-2006, 11:51 PM
http://adamsamons.blogspot.com/2006/06/hilarious-stupidity-in-championship.html

There has been some discussion about whether the Committee to Give Dwayne Wade the Love He Deserves should disband now that it looks like the nation has finally caught on to his greatness. Well, thanks to a monumental mistake by a member of Miami’s city council I can assure everyone that the Committee must remain intact. At the championship parade in downtown Miami Dwayne Wade was introduced on the stage by some councilwoman as “Wade Jones.” The full introduction went something like this; “he’s calm and collected, has a will to win, because his name, OF COURSE, is WADE JONES!” The conviction with which she says “OF COURSE, WADE JONES” just takes it to another comedic level, and then you can hear the crowd wondering “who is she talking about” and then start laughing.

Heat Owner Micky Arison didn’t fare much better than the councilwoman who introduced D-Wade. Throughout the playoffs the Heat used the term “White Hot” as their marketing slogan. Arison went up to the podium and wanted to cap off his speech by telling Miami to “stay white hot.” Seems simple enough, doesn’t it? Not if you’re Micky Arison. Instead he wound up telling all of Miami, the most culturally diverse city in America, to “stay white.” I cannot imagine any worse town in America to tell to “stay white”

:lol:

Lord Helmet
06-27-2006, 01:39 AM
What idiots.

Jermaniac
06-27-2006, 01:55 AM
How the hell do you have a parade and not know the names of the people you are having a parade for

317Kim
06-27-2006, 07:06 AM
:laugh:

WHO!?

indygeezer
06-27-2006, 07:16 AM
I'm on the banquet circuit alot. I see a ton of speakers and just as many emcees. I've introduced people and I've been introduced. It happens...Speakers are people too and they get nervous. I saw one fellow forget the name of the guy he was introducing entirely. It was his brother.

Hicks
06-27-2006, 07:22 AM
Wade Jones gets knocked down EIGHT times and gets up NINE! :laugh:

Slick Pinkham
06-27-2006, 08:35 AM
How the hell do you have a parade and not know the names of the people you are having a parade for

Reminds me of when Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire were battling to break Maris' record and Ted Kennedy decided he needed a photo opportunity with them.

Standing between them, he said he was thrilled by this battle between "Mack MaGwire and Sammy Soo-ser"

heywoode
06-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Reminds me of when Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire were battling to break Maris' record and Ted Kennedy decided he needed a photo opportunity with them.

Standing between them, he said he was thrilled by this battle between "Mack MaGwire and Sammy Soo-ser"

That was his Massachussetts accent talking through his scotch breath....He knew their names, he just couldn't orate them after being coaxed down from swinging off the chandelier in his underwear and dress socks inside his heavily fortified compound off Martha's Vineyard....

Granville
06-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I too do a lot of public speaking and see how it could easily happen if you aren't used to doing such a thing. She was probably excited and nervous and just had a brain cramp. Wade Jones is probably some guy she went to elementary school with and it just came out for some reason.

I wish our city leaders and team owners had an opportunity to make the same kind of mistakes.

bread
06-28-2006, 08:54 AM
The guys on the sports radio station here were having a field day with those. You could have heard a pin drop after the councilwoman said "Wade Jones". Hilarious! Total silence for about 2 seconds.

The Arison comment was equally comical. Dan Lebatard has an afternoon show and said it was something you would expect to hear at a Klan rally. He and his co-host couldn't stop laughing.

Wade Jones is probably some guy she went to elementary school with and it just came out for some reason.

I believe Wade Jones was actually her campaign manager. Mistakes happen but it doesn't make it any less funny. :D

Granville
06-28-2006, 09:35 AM
The guys on the sports radio station here were having a field day with those. You could have heard a pin drop after the councilwoman said "Wade Jones". Hilarious! Total silence for about 2 seconds.

The Arison comment was equally comical. Dan Lebatard has an afternoon show and said it was something you would expect to hear at a Klan rally. He and his co-host couldn't stop laughing.

I believe Wade Jones was actually her campaign manager. Mistakes happen but it doesn't make it any less funny. :D

I agree it is funny.

NaptownBound
06-28-2006, 10:30 AM
:laugh:

WHO!?

WADE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNEEEESSSSS!!!

(i wouldn't leave ya hangin', ya know?)

Fool
06-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Just another reason to keep politicians out of the spot lights that portray them as "part of the community".

N8R
06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
HAHAHA That is hilarious. The "stay white" comment is soo bad but soo funny at the same time. What fools.

SamBear
06-29-2006, 12:27 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: