PDA

View Full Version : your one and only off-season priority

slyder
06-26-2006, 11:21 AM
if you were able to make just ONE off-season move,
what would it be?

mine: move tinsley. at any cost. now, not in february
when he will be hurt again. take anything you could get.
even another chronically injured player with a good attitude
would be an improvement.

Unclebuck
06-26-2006, 11:22 AM
I'd trade both Jax and Tinsley in the same three team trade. .

Robertmto
06-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Re-sign Jared Jeffries to a long term deal. He's a defensive stopper, and a good all around player.

Young
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I have to agree with UB. Trade Jackson/Tinsley in a 3 way trade. Easier said than done of course.

Bball
I assume you mean one player and one player only...

I'd have to move Tinsley altho I'm hoping the Pacers do far more than that.

-Bball

Slick Pinkham
If one move and one player is all that is going to exit, might as well not do a single thing and go ahead and pencil us in for an 8th seed and pick about 15 in the 2007 draft.

And when UncleBuck is sitting amid the empty seats and he sneezes, the sound will echo through the empty rafters, play will stop and the players will shout up "gesundheit".

The one and only priority is to find MULTIPLE decent deals to reshape this team around JO

ChicagoJ
06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
If I could only make one move, I'd change coaches. No way I'd bring this team back with Rick as their coach. No freaking way.

Trader Joe
06-26-2006, 12:08 PM
If I could only make one move, I'd change coaches. No way I'd bring this team back with Rick as their coach. No freaking way.

Co-sign. If only one player is moved or so, Rick must go, go, go.

Jon Theodore
06-26-2006, 12:44 PM
get a coach who will bench Jackson for his stupid antics and he will be a player we can all root for.

Trading Tinsley (lowest trade value in entire NBA) still seems ridiculous to me. If we keep him and he does nothing, so what we are used to it. If we trade him and all of a sudden he's healthy....then we lose big time.

Too much to lose by trading Tins and literally nothing to gain. I'll never understand all the trade tinsley talk, you don't trade a guy with no value. IF we trade any PG it should be AJ because he has a LOT of value especially after that 40 point performance.

Bball
06-26-2006, 01:05 PM
get a coach who will bench Jackson for his stupid antics and he will be a player we can all root for.

Trading Tinsley (lowest trade value in entire NBA) still seems ridiculous to me. If we keep him and he does nothing, so what we are used to it. If we trade him and all of a sudden he's healthy....then we lose big time.

Too much to lose by trading Tins and literally nothing to gain. I'll never understand all the trade tinsley talk, you don't trade a guy with no value. IF we trade any PG it should be AJ because he has a LOT of value especially after that 40 point performance.

You trade Tinsley because he has a bad attitude and that is a poisonous thing. Maybe on a mature, stable team you could keep him but bench him (so that his on again/off again sinupoutinitis doesn't disturb continuity) and allow his legend to grow on the bench for a later trading date. The problem with that is that our immature team would take sides. Especially if one of the existing PG's fails to produce right away, and with a growing fissure amongst players and a bad apple fanning the flames, you aren't going to help the existing PG's feel comfortable. And the fans eventually would take sides.

JO is not a leader and so he wouldn't stop it. Carlisle has shown he cannot, or will not, control this bunch. Bird has claimed he'll take a more active role this season but where was he last season?

That is why you trade Tinsley for a pizza or best offer.

We can't let that fester for another season.

Could another coach change things? Didn't Tinsley's predaft report mention worries about his 'coachability'? According to Vecsey, Isiah wanted him traded and JO was a willing accomplice in the plan. Could we risk a new coach's first year on the gamble that Tinsley would suddenly be "coachable" and without his constant companion (his bad attitude)?

And besides all that, I don't ever want to see Tinsley in a Pacers' uniform again.

-Bball

Shade
06-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Trade anyone outside of Hulk, JO, Peja, and Granger for a new starting C & SG. I also wouldn't mind a new starting PG, but that would be my next priority.

You trade Tinsley because he has a bad attitude and that is a poisonous thing.

Does anyone have actual proof of this? It seems to be a common perception here, but I have yet to see anything that solidifies that belief outside of personal speculation.

Bball
06-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Did anyone see Mike Wells on ch 13 last night? The interviewer (not Collabro last night) asked a leading question about Tinsley and framed it by saying something like "I know you don't like Tinsley" or "You're not a fan of Tinsley" and then followed that with a line saying that Wells' wouldn't be bothered to see Tinsley traded. ...And Wells did not correct him or try or pull back from that at all.

-Bball

(Note: I'm not saying the implication is that Mike Wells knows Tinsley will be traded. I'm saying Mike Wells didn't seem to have a problem letting it be known he didn't like Tinsley).

indygeezer
06-26-2006, 01:19 PM

Agree 100 % with this comment.

Jax CAN be a contributor (see Playoffs last year) but he needs more discipline and Tins can just be ignored. But this team needs a coach it responds to if it is kept as-is.

naptownmenace
06-26-2006, 02:10 PM
You trade Tinsley because he has a bad attitude and that is a poisonous thing. Maybe on a mature, stable team you could keep him but bench him (so that his on again/off again sinupoutinitis doesn't disturb continuity) and allow his legend to grow on the bench for a later trading date. The problem with that is that our immature team would take sides. Especially if one of the existing PG's fails to produce right away, and with a growing fissure amongst players and a bad apple fanning the flames, you aren't going to help the existing PG's feel comfortable. And the fans eventually would take sides.

JO is not a leader and so he wouldn't stop it. Carlisle has shown he cannot, or will not, control this bunch. Bird has claimed he'll take a more active role this season but where was he last season?

That is why you trade Tinsley for a pizza or best offer.

We can't let that fester for another season.

Could another coach change things? Didn't Tinsley's predaft report mention worries about his 'coachability'? According to Vecsey, Isiah wanted him traded and JO was a willing accomplice in the plan. Could we risk a new coach's first year on the gamble that Tinsley would suddenly be "coachable" and without his constant companion (his bad attitude)?

And besides all that, I don't ever want to see Tinsley in a Pacers' uniform again.

-Bball

Thank you, Amen, and Hallelujah!

Tinsley is a bigger Cancer to this team than Jackson. Trade him to a team under the cap for an early 2nd round pick in this draft or for a future 1st round pick. His 6 million is off the books and the Pacers will get a decent player in return. Atlanta or Charlotte would be an excellent destination.

Pig Nash
06-26-2006, 02:28 PM
I'd trade JO to make the future brighter. But that's only if one player gets dealt. I'd much rather get rid of Jax and Tins and see what we can do.