PDA

View Full Version : RealGM's latest mock draft

Young
06-26-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty sure this is a new mock. I don't think it has been posted yet.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41084/20060625/realgm_mock_draft_version_50/

They have us taking:

17: Alexander Johnson
45: Darius Washington

Personally, I think they are full of ****.

They have JJ Reddick falling all the way to 25. Huh? I don't see him dropping that far but stranger things have happened. If we take AJ over Rando/Douby/Reddick i'm going to be pissed. Hell they have Shannon Brown going in the second round and i'd take him over AJ.

Here is what they said about us taking Johnson:

17. Alexander Johnson
Power Forward. Florida State

With the addition of Johnson, the Pacers could go small with Jermaine O’Neal at center. Although it’s not a traditional lineup, the centers have not panned out for Indiana. Jeff Foster is a hustler but provides very, very little offense. Same with Scot Pollard, but he has a little more hair to give. David Harrison has been progressing slowly and struggles at times to stay out of foul trouble. So they draft Johnson, who can come in and play right away. He has the athleticism and face-up game to become an instant contributor. He has been reported to have some amazing workouts with teams, but workouts are only workouts. If he can show in Summer Leagues that his improvement between the end of college and now has paid of, then the Pacers get a steal. If he shows the inconsistency he did at Florida State, it will be another problem Indiana has to deal with. But he’ll pan out. It’ll be interesting to see how he’s improved in games.

That made me lol. Us play small ball? JO at the 5 full time? lol. JO hates to play center. I guess AJ wouldn't be as bad as i'd like to think, i'd just much rather pick a guard.

microwave_oven
06-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Talk about going out on a limb...

tadscout
06-26-2006, 12:43 AM
I think mock drafts are pointless for this years draft... it's going to be impossible to predict the draft with all the trades that may happen...

Robertmto
06-26-2006, 01:21 AM
RealGM just lot alot of credility with me. Apparently they're centers as of this year were Eddy Curry (correct), Channing Frye (F/C maybe) and Jackie Butler?? Oh really?

Chauncey
06-26-2006, 07:26 AM
btw, in the Lakers portion, this is the 2nd thing that says Marcus Banks is signing with the Lakers...a couple of weeks ago a Minneapolis paper said the same thing

D-BONE
06-26-2006, 08:02 AM
btw, in the Lakers portion, this is the 2nd thing that says Marcus Banks is signing with the Lakers...a couple of weeks ago a Minneapolis paper said the same thing

That would be a nice addition for them.

As far as Johnson, Draftexpress projects him as a C. 6-10, 250, with wingspan over 7 feet. Maybe that is how we'd use him.

If Pollard is not resigned and Foster is used as trade bait, there may be some validity to the move. In addition, they report he has a very good mid-range shot 12-15 ft. Something neither Foster nor Pollard do consistently.

I have no idea myself. Just trying to think how they might arrive at this prediction.